Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

2006 Mustang GT goes down..

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2006, 01:27 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 2006 Mustang GT goes down..

Well the guy I work with got a 06' Mustang GT. It looks really nice & pics of both cars will be at the end of this post.

So here we go. He bought it pretty much brand new, it only has a total of 500 as of now. He had been wanting to see where his car stood against a minorly modified f-body. He was reading the mustang boards for like a week before he bought it & was askin about all the mustang-vs-LS1 hype.

So we go to lunch & on the way to eat he wants to go from a roll. Well with me just gettin my car back not too long before, I was itchin for a race. So we pull out on the street in front of work & we hit it at like 15mph. I instantly started to spin but was still managing to stay by his side. Once I made it to third it finally hooked up good. By this time he had a fender on me from my spinning. Once it hooked I instantly pulled past him & kept pullin for about 3 links & let out. We went again on the way back from a dig & basically the same result & me spinning about the same, but still got the win before 4th gear.

I gotta say those cars aren't really all that bad & have some potiential. He is looking into some light mods & maybe gears. All in all it was some good races. When we pulled back in I asked him what he thought & he said it was about what he had expected. We laughed & went inside.

Later that night I got to kill a 90's model cobra in town while bringing groceries home. I was pulling out of WAL-MART & he shots a rev at me. So I'm thinkin 2 things. Either he is crazy or has some good mods. So I bite & chase to the stop light never leaving first gear. So I'm just roaring when I come up beside him. He is lookin at me & talkin to his girl like he is gonna wax my ***.

We take off & kinda play cat-n-mouse until I know he really wants some. We hit it in second about 3k. Wrong speed for him, I hook good this time & jump out about 3 cars on him before I could shift. So I'm still in second with my shift light lit up when I let out. He tries again with the same result.

We get to the next light & his girlfriend is laughing at him. It was priceless. All he had to say was "nice car" before he turned off real quick. I just gave him a thumbs up & went home to put up my milk.

Here is my car & the 06' GT.
Old 09-20-2006, 01:39 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice run you guys should definately do it again once he has about 3k miles on the car... Im not sure if all new cars are the same of course but when i had the srt-4 it was brand new with 150 miles on it.. i started runnin it a lil bit after about 700 miles and it felt fast but when i had about 2k-3k miles on it it just seemed like it had broken in enough and was pushing its prime.. N/A motors might be different i just would do it again and see if maybe he keeps up a lil bit better.... but then again im sure he wont be stock any more when he gets to that 3k mark
Old 09-20-2006, 01:55 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by BIG_MIKE2005
Well the guy I work with got a 06' Mustang GT. It looks really nice & pics of both cars will be at the end of this post.

So here we go. He bought it pretty much brand new, it only has a total of 500 as of now. He had been wanting to see where his car stood against a minorly modified f-body. He was reading the mustang boards for like a week before he bought it & was askin about all the mustang-vs-LS1 hype.

So we go to lunch & on the way to eat he wants to go from a roll. Well with me just gettin my car back not too long before, I was itchin for a race. So we pull out on the street in front of work & we hit it at like 15mph. I instantly started to spin but was still managing to stay by his side. Once I made it to third it finally hooked up good. By this time he had a fender on me from my spinning. Once it hooked I instantly pulled past him & kept pullin for about 3 links & let out. We went again on the way back from a dig & basically the same result & me spinning about the same, but still got the win before 4th gear.

I gotta say those cars aren't really all that bad & have some potiential. He is looking into some light mods & maybe gears. All in all it was some good races. When we pulled back in I asked him what he thought & he said it was about what he had expected. We laughed & went inside.

Later that night I got to kill a 90's model cobra in town while bringing groceries home. I was pulling out of WAL-MART & he shots a rev at me. So I'm thinkin 2 things. Either he is crazy or has some good mods. So I bite & chase to the stop light never leaving first gear. So I'm just roaring when I come up beside him. He is lookin at me & talkin to his girl like he is gonna wax my ***.

We take off & kinda play cat-n-mouse until I know he really wants some. We hit it in second about 3k. Wrong speed for him, I hook good this time & jump out about 3 cars on him before I could shift. So I'm still in second with my shift light lit up when I let out. He tries again with the same result.

We get to the next light & his girlfriend is laughing at him. It was priceless. All he had to say was "nice car" before he turned off real quick. I just gave him a thumbs up & went home to put up my milk.

Here is my car & the 06' GT.

Nice kill and both cars look real clean! For the mustang I bgelieve they come with the 3.55's? If so he doesnt need gears but tell him to go with an intake and some exhaust (headers/catback).
Old 09-20-2006, 02:04 PM
12 Second Club

the gears are not that high. I think he said they are 3.23. I know they are lower than my 3.42's. His is a auto. He is watching & reading about the Granitelli(sp?) cold air intake & tune results. I guess a bunch of the mustang guys love those things.
Old 09-21-2006, 02:26 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

4.10's or higher on the gearing, 4.6's love big gears. And 3.55's come in the stick cars i believe and from switching to 4.10 or even 4.30's it's worth some tenths off the 1/4. Tell your buddy to check out MM&FF this month's issue for a build up of a new mustang auto and manual to reach 12's. The front has the Roush stage 3 and a C6 vette on it. Which btw the vette out done the roush lol. This was a regular Z51 vette too not even a Z06, sad thing is the vette was cheaper also .