Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

1 out of 4

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2006, 06:04 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1 out of 4

no wants to race me, i have not been able to get a race for 4 to 5 months.
every time i try to race they dont want none. I saw a accord old one like 89-90 model, all rice out had his boing 747 rear wing on, big 5 inch muffler. ground effects on it, pull up next to him reved it up he look at me swichted to the next lane and slowed down, dont know why he didnt turn off or any thing kept going strait guess he didnt want any. Another day I saw a srt-4 reved it up he ignored me, he was on his cell phone so i left him alone. Like a week ago i saw a mustang GT I pulled up next to him and reved it up he look at me and shook his head no thank you with a big smile and chunked the duce at me so i just floored and left him behind. But today i saw some ricer looked like a acura or honda gsr i am not sure of what it was but i didnt think he would race me. It was ugly needed a paint jod, but had his big *** spoiler on it, had some white rims, muffler and euros lights front and back. So pulled up next to him reved it and he shook his shoulders like whatever i going to lose any but lets do for fun. So Beep, Beep, Beep i drop it to 2nd it a A4 we were going about 50, i just pulled on him hard left him like 5 cars at the start. I got to 100 mph when i let off, he was buses behind me by that time. I was happy to get a race in, it's been a while.
Old 09-21-2006, 06:36 PM
Staging Lane

It's hard to find races against decent cars just driving around on the street. I've only raced against a couple other good cars just cruising around since I got my car almost 2 years ago, and I live in Southern California. If you want people to race you, gotta find a local hangout where all the racers go; I guarantee you're going to get more offers than you can handle if you find a good spot.
Second option would be to make your car look like a v6, before I had an aftermarket muffler/exhaust mine looked like a v6, and seemed like anything I lined up against wanted a piece.
Old 09-21-2006, 07:36 PM
TECH Regular

yeah my cars black with the black z28 badges all the way around the car. so at frist glance at a light (mostly at night) i get reved at by alot of rice. However when i put my foot down and they hear an earfull of 5.7lts of american muscle they seem to look the other way and stop trying to **** with me. or there smile truns in to a frown. I do enjoy it though when after I rev the girl in the front seat of some of these cars will wave and smile.
Old 09-21-2006, 07:41 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

99% of my street races were pick-up races on commutes. I ran in to lots of Z06's and Porsches which fell victim. There were dry spells for months, but were days when I'd get 3-4 races on any given route. It's all chance. You also need a certain level of awareness as to what's going on around to know when it's proper to engage.
Old 09-21-2006, 08:11 PM
TECH Junkie

if u think u have it bad, try havin loud *** exhaust cammin hard. the only ppl that want to race are more than worthy of a race
Old 09-21-2006, 08:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you're complaining about ricers but you're the one going around revving at everyone
Old 09-21-2006, 08:32 PM
01z
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Oso SS
you're complaining about ricers but you're the one going around revving at everyone

lol, i used to know a guy that did the same stuff and he got his *** handed to him regularly cuz he thought his car was so badass (stock lt1 ta) and it wasnt a piece or anything but he only tried to race vettes and crap like that lol
Old 09-21-2006, 11:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

races come when u least expect it. don't go looking for them, otherwise you'll be disappointed.
Old 09-22-2006, 12:41 AM
Launching!

The trick is to go to Orlando... EVERYONE wants to race in Orlando! I mean everyone, we raced a Mini Van in my friend's Talon once in Orlando !
Old 09-22-2006, 12:43 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by sdm1234
races come when u least expect it. don't go looking for them, otherwise you'll be disappointed.
BTW, I have to say, thats one BASASS looking T/A you got in your sig pic!
Old 09-22-2006, 01:06 AM
TECH Veteran

I feel your pain i moved to southern california and i havent found any races just cruising around. But when i lived in the bay area i would find myself in a race every other day. It sucks not finding random races.
Old 09-22-2006, 06:35 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Formula_X
The trick is to go to Orlando... EVERYONE wants to race in Orlando! I mean everyone, we raced a Mini Van in my friend's Talon once in Orlando !
Yeah right, lol... haven't had a race in ages
Old 09-25-2006, 01:14 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BeavermanA
It's hard to find races against decent cars just driving around on the street. I've only raced against a couple other good cars just cruising around since I got my car almost 2 years ago, and I live in Southern California. If you want people to race you, gotta find a local hangout where all the racers go; I guarantee you're going to get more offers than you can handle if you find a good spot.
Second option would be to make your car look like a v6, before I had an aftermarket muffler/exhaust mine looked like a v6, and seemed like anything I lined up against wanted a piece.
Hey wassup bro, you are not to far from me, maybe we can meet up one day, I would like to run your car let me know I am from riverside too.
Old 09-25-2006, 01:46 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by BayAreaSS
I feel your pain i moved to southern california and i havent found any races just cruising around. But when i lived in the bay area i would find myself in a race every other day. It sucks not finding random races.

It's funny you say that. SSMokinSS and I have 'bs'd about trying to race on SVTP.com. But with four kids, it is kind of hard to drive 2 hours just for a race.
Old 09-25-2006, 02:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Not to many in ohio either some funny tho I was with my friend in his 97 formula when an EMS T/D truck got beside us at a light and torqed up turbo spooling and all. LOL was the best thing I have ever seen lol.
Old 09-25-2006, 02:38 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by ponygt65
It's funny you say that. SSMokinSS and I have 'bs'd about trying to race on SVTP.com. But with four kids, it is kind of hard to drive 2 hours just for a race.
Thats a good idea because im getting tired of just driving like an old man.
Old 09-25-2006, 03:56 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by AROD427
Hey wassup bro, you are not to far from me, maybe we can meet up one day, I would like to run your car let me know I am from riverside too.
Yea I'm down. What kind of car/mods do you have? I'm basically stock cause I've been broker than a bum for the past year and now owe an assload of money to my parents. Had all sorts of trouble with my car the past couple months, but it's supposedly completely fixed and I'm picking it up this morning at last. I want to find someone that has a stock or close to it fbody so I can see if my car is running as should.
Old 09-27-2006, 11:25 AM
On The Tree

what part of Ohio are you in i might be close by
Old 09-27-2006, 06:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

BTW, I have to say, thats one BASASS looking T/A you got in your sig pic!
oh wow thank you! i appreciate the compliments!
Old 09-30-2006, 03:58 PM
Staging Lane

Thats fer sher, but not in 1999 Grand Prix GT'S!