Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

5.0 kill

Old 09-22-2006, 02:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5.0 kill

My buddy just bought a 94 5.0 muffstain to try and beat me. He has a Dodge Cummins too that is modded but he ran a 15.95 so he thought he could be faster than me if he bought this POS. LMAO.

We line up for a race, went 0-85 and I had him by one off the line. By the time we ran out of road I was still ahead by about a fender, mabye less. Still a kill in my book!

Whats funny is that one of our other buddies is a hardcore Mustang guy and has a 5.0 notch that he thinks is god. I know he will beat me, but the guy is a cocky ****. As soon as I spray I will race him too, and beat him. Shut that ****** up..

My truck was not really in "race mode" for the race, I have a sheet of cement board(for tile) in the bed, about 50 lbs. Also I have a ton of **** in the cab and a 3/4 tank of fuel, also running the 20's at full street wieght. Probably 5500 lbs.

The mods done to the stang by the way are intake and dual flowmastas..lol ands it is a 5-speed.

I am goin to line up with him again soon, and I will try to get some video too. Right now my LT's arent on, so it will be after they are installed.
Old 09-22-2006, 07:56 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just out of curiosity, why r u guys racing yur trucks?..lol. makes no sense in the world. i could understand if you have a lightning, or silverado SS, but if yur talking a regular like silverado and racing it.. wtf?
Old 09-22-2006, 08:00 AM
TECH Apprentice

Why not if its the only thing you have to race.
Old 09-22-2006, 09:54 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by TXZ28LS1
just out of curiosity, why r u guys racing yur trucks?..
dumb dumbdumbdumbdumb question. please allow yourself to slap your own face
Old 09-22-2006, 10:13 AM
Staging Lane

Yeah, 5.0 "in the day" were considered fast. By today's standards, they are pretty slow. Having said that, for relatively cheap, you can make a 5.0 notch run 12s all day long.

Good kill.
Old 09-22-2006, 11:23 AM
On The Tree

He ran a 15.95 in a modded cummins? What was the mod, muffler delete? Any module should put it under a 15.95. My cummins is under that and has a 65hp module and exhaust. Nice runs.
Old 09-22-2006, 11:25 AM
TECH Addict

Nice kill on the 94 5.0. Theres a local guy who hangs out with me and my buddies who has a white 94 5.0 GT and eh thinks its the fastest thing alive. He raced me when we were both bolt on cars( I had mac mids, ory, slp lm, intake and he had Shorty headers, intake, and side exit borla exhaust) and whooped on him bad. He then went out and got a 75 shot to try and beat me but at the same time I was having my cam, ls6 intake, ud pulley, full dyno tune, etc done so he shows up and wants to race, not knowing I was cammed, and purges to try to intimidate me. LoL didnt work and I beat him pretty bad again, even with him on the 75 shot.
Old 09-22-2006, 11:27 AM
9 Second Club

Killed a "muffstang" with your truck, eh? Hey, I like truck racing...got an F250 crew cab 4x4 P.S.D with monster exhaust and a six gun bundle. Nothing wrong with that.

Watch out for those "muffstangs"...you'll run across the wrong little fox one day if your not careful and the attitude you seem to have indicates your feelings might get seriously hurt. lighten up.

Good Kill.
Old 09-22-2006, 03:06 PM
On The Tree

LOL I got a kick out of a couple of posts on here...

-just out of curiosity, why are you driving a stock z28? Its more fun in a truck, thats why.

-He lifted his Dodge, running 40/22's lol, I think it looks dumb but to each his own..But he has an EDGE, AFE stage 2 I trhink, and MBRP Stacks, he calls it the compensator...

-I figure my buddy will run a 14 flat or high 13 in his 94, but the other guy, the one with the notch, probably runs a low 13, but he thinks it is the fastest thing on the road. BTW, lol I have had my *** handed to me by a turboed stang, lets just say I didnt know what the **** passed me I dont need to lighten up, I know my place hahaha

98z28mass- thats awesome lol I love beating someone and then they come back for more and I've done some more too and drag them again!

Search this Thread