Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

01 formula vs RSX supercharged.

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2006, 07:30 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 01 formula vs RSX supercharged.

Well this one is a bit hard to explain cuz we never got to truly get a full race. we did it 3 times always running into traffic. But anyway the guy has a SC and supporting mods. he got next to me and honked the first time he pulled me pretty good. but i had traffic in my lane and he didnt. the second time i got the pull and kept it till i hit the top of second and bounced off the limiter.. (had it in 2 not 3 ) the 3rd one would have been the best race to see which was faster... i hit 2nd and he was doing the honking.. as we went he instantly pulled bout 1/2 a car and then just stood there. i was gradually catching up when i hit 3rd at about 80 mph my catchup quickened. then some bitch in a saturn in the fast lane must have had a mental problem for a split second and swerved into my lane a lil bit which caused me to slow down and hit my brakes causing hte rsx to pull his way by. the bitch did it on purpose cuz she proceeded to laugh about it... some lil fat gurl with her frieds in the car... Nonetheless i must say i was pissed at first cuz i lost to a RSX... i thought it only had CAI/Header back exhaust.. but i followed the guys cuz i thought the integra that was with the group was mine i had sold to someone which it turned out i was right. the guy said he had a SC on it and ran 13/12s.. so i guess for being stock i did pretty well.
Old 09-24-2006, 09:42 AM
SDB
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Probably a mid 13 sec car...nice death. Get some mods now.

SDB
Old 09-24-2006, 10:01 AM
Staging Lane

Is your car completly stock? And you said in an earlier kill story that you have been to the track, What was your time?
Old 09-24-2006, 11:06 AM
On The Tree

Stupid fat girls..... Something like that happened to my sisters and me on our way back from cali. Some people just suck ***.
Old 09-24-2006, 07:45 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by JAMcamaro
Is your car completly stock? And you said in an earlier kill story that you have been to the track, What was your time?
My times was 13.540 with a 2.1 60 ft.. that was with 87/91 gas mix.. im going tuesday to try again after running straight 91 octane for the last week. everything is completely stock.
Old 09-25-2006, 10:40 AM
Staging Lane

Cool cool. I personally think that you should keep the higher octane in your car all the time.Maybe you should do some cheap mods for now so you don't have to worry about too many cars like that,, It's rare to run into a supercharged RSX but with an intake and maybe exhaust if you can afford it, you should be getting into the 13.2s easy. Probably just intake would get you there. Good race none the less.
Old 09-25-2006, 10:41 AM
Staging Lane

you could always custome make an intake for fun and it will be super cheap.

Last edited by JAMcamaro; 09-25-2006 at 12:18 PM.
Old 09-25-2006, 02:46 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get some mods and stop racing in traffic.
Old 09-25-2006, 05:37 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 11 Bravo
Get some mods and stop racing in traffic.
I learned that today.... Had a saleen that wanted to run and i just couldnt help it... so i take off and he is alrdy taking off next thing i know he goes for a gap in traffic but then changes his mind (he has to be doing close to 130-140 cuz i was doing 110...) and bam i see smoke and brake lights the dude almost caused alot of problems... I am just as guilty of course for hitting the gas but i wasnt attempting to zip through traffic i had a open lane.. later i see him at the performance shop and im like dude wtf happened on the highway u almost killed ur self or someone.. He was like "i thought i could get around that car.." The dude just got the car 3 days ago.. Its a very nice looking saleen looked to have been 03/04 it was SCed... But hopefully he learnt his lesson as well as i did... Im just glad i came close to disaster instead of being a part of the disaster...
Old 09-26-2006, 12:07 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by JAMcamaro
Cool cool. I personally think that you should keep the higher octane in your car all the time.Maybe you should do some cheap mods for now so you don't have to worry about too many cars like that,, It's rare to run into a supercharged RSX but with an intake and maybe exhaust if you can afford it, you should be getting into the 13.2s easy. Probably just intake would get you there. Good race none the less.
Agreed, don't ever put anything less than 91 octane gas in the car! I'm sure with 100% 91 octane in the tank you would have seen MUCH better times.
Old 09-26-2006, 09:43 AM
SDB
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Formula_X
Agreed, don't ever put anything less than 91 octane gas in the car! I'm sure with 100% 91 octane in the tank you would have seen MUCH better times.
No, he wouldn't have....the difference between 87 octane and 93 octane in a mostly stock car MIGHT be a tenth if that.

SDB
Old 09-26-2006, 05:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by SDB
No, he wouldn't have....the difference between 87 octane and 93 octane in a mostly stock car MIGHT be a tenth if that.

SDB

I agree. I almost posted something last night to that effect, but being a 'ford' guy, I didn't want anyone to jump down my throat....