Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

trans am vs. s2k today!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2006, 01:37 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default trans am vs. s2k today!!

wow i think this was one of the most fun yet challenging races ive had yet!! i was heading home from school and an s2k rolls up next to me honks his horn and takes off. he got a real good jump on me because i wasnt expecting that at all, i didnt even notice him until he pulled up next to me and honked. so we ran and it took a while but i finally caught up at about 110 and left him. any ways, he wasnt about to give up so he pulled up next to me again and we raced again. man that little car is fast!!! i was shocked, i knew s2ks were fast but not that fast!! lol!! any ways, i got off the freeway and he followed me, i wanted to race his car from a dig. took a while after a couple of more races on the street and a couple more wins for me, barely, and i finally caught a stop sign with him. i told him to roll down his window, and i gave him props, had to that car was quick, told him countdown from three. we took off, but he spun the tires real bad so i won, he pulled next to me again and i told him lets go back and try that one more time. i wanted to win fair and square not because he made a mistake. so we went back and lined up. same thing, three two one lift off!!! this time he kept traction, and i swear we were neck and neck until 3rd, and i finally started to pull on him. you guys probably remember from my "stupid ricers" post that i regretably gave the civic a thumbs down because of his attitude. well this race, the both of us actually pulled over got out of our cars, shook hands and gave each other props. well i have to admit, im not a ricer fan by any means, but the s2k and the nsx are damn worthy opponents. im just being fair. oh yea, should have another post on here soon. i have a buddy at work whos brother owns a 92 nsx. all he has is an exhaust. he wants to race from a dig, and i know those cars are most effective through 1st and 2nd. who knows well see. ill let you guys know what happens after that goes down.

Last edited by jakedy jake; 09-28-2006 at 01:59 AM.
Old 09-28-2006, 01:53 AM
Teching In

yeah i remember that other post lol. little change of scenery here, i think that car shares some technology with honda racing. did he do anything to his car?
Old 09-28-2006, 01:55 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by rmsurfer212
yeah i remember that other post lol. little change of scenery here, i think that car shares some technology with honda racing. did he do anything to his car?
you know i honestly couldnt tell you for sure, when we were talking i told him my car is all stock. right after that i asked him about his, he said it was stock but im not sure, ive looked at the specs on those things, and they dont match up to t/a's. but who knows. it was alot of fun though.
Old 09-28-2006, 02:07 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by jakedy jake
you know i honestly couldnt tell you for sure, when we were talking i told him my car is all stock. right after that i asked him about his, he said it was stock but im not sure, ive looked at the specs on those things, and they dont match up to t/a's. but who knows. it was alot of fun though.
i have not tracked my car yet, so i dont know the specs on my car. brand new t/as would run those stock easy i would think. but ive got about 60000 mi. that could be the reason why it was so close, my car has been well taken care of, but thats still quite a bit of wear.
Old 09-28-2006, 02:49 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good runs. How did you guys keep racing like that without any cops? I thought stock S2000 ran low 14's(im not sure tho) Is this true?
Old 09-28-2006, 03:13 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BayAreaSS
Good runs. How did you guys keep racing like that without any cops? I thought stock S2000 ran low 14's(im not sure tho) Is this true?
we were damn lucky there werent any cops, i was having so much fun though i dont think it even clicked. lol. ive seen that they run low 14 high thirteens, thats why i was saying, either he is modded, or my mileage has just worn down my engines performance a bit. i guess ill really never know until i track my car.
Old 09-28-2006, 05:51 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BayAreaSS
they are a little slower then 350Zs

jakedy jake, sounds like you had fun , good kill
Old 09-28-2006, 07:09 AM
Teching In

there is no way in hell an s2ooo kept up with you from a dig unless it had mods and more than one. my friend has a 2000 with 2000 in minor bolts and i rape him by at least 3 lenths from a dig to 60. even stock you should be killing an s2000 with bolts
Old 09-28-2006, 07:11 AM
Teching In

nice run though its good to see that people arnt getting all bent from losing! i destroyed an s2000 a month ago and he flipped me off hahahhahah
Old 09-28-2006, 07:56 AM
Teching In

Every S2000 I have seen at the track can barely break the 10's (1/8th mile), although most people say they are fast. I heard they just came out with a supercharger kit for them, that would be interesting to see. Nice kill!
Old 09-28-2006, 08:12 AM
On The Tree

Good kill Jake, keep them coming....
Old 09-28-2006, 08:26 AM
uno
On The Tree

s2k's are usually good for low 14's/high 13's with a good driver. high 14s/low 15s for average joe driver who doesnt want to launch and tach the car out. But from a roll they are tough. I agree you shoulda raped him from a dig if he was stock but I have a feeling he wasnt. Good run nonetheless
Old 09-28-2006, 08:55 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by jakedy jake
wow i think this was one of the most fun yet challenging races ive had yet!! i was heading home from school and an s2k rolls up next to me honks his horn and takes off. he got a real good jump on me because i wasnt expecting that at all, i didnt even notice him until he pulled up next to me and honked. so we ran and it took a while but i finally caught up at about 110 and left him. any ways, he wasnt about to give up so he pulled up next to me again and we raced again. man that little car is fast!!! i was shocked, i knew s2ks were fast but not that fast!! lol!! any ways, i got off the freeway and he followed me, i wanted to race his car from a dig. took a while after a couple of more races on the street and a couple more wins for me, barely, and i finally caught a stop sign with him. i told him to roll down his window, and i gave him props, had to that car was quick, told him countdown from three. we took off, but he spun the tires real bad so i won, he pulled next to me again and i told him lets go back and try that one more time. i wanted to win fair and square not because he made a mistake. so we went back and lined up. same thing, three two one lift off!!! this time he kept traction, and i swear we were neck and neck until 3rd, and i finally started to pull on him. you guys probably remember from my "stupid ricers" post that i regretably gave the civic a thumbs down because of his attitude. well this race, the both of us actually pulled over got out of our cars, shook hands and gave each other props. well i have to admit, im not a ricer fan by any means, but the s2k and the nsx are damn worthy opponents. im just being fair. oh yea, should have another post on here soon. i have a buddy at work whos brother owns a 92 nsx. all he has is an exhaust. he wants to race from a dig, and i know those cars are most effective through 1st and 2nd. who knows well see. ill let you guys know what happens after that goes down.
you did win square and fair. As you race your car remember its a team effort between you and your car. If one of you screws up you both may loose. in this case the other guy lost it fo his team. good kill, its cool you gave him a second chance though.
Old 09-28-2006, 09:38 AM
Launching!

Nice kill! They are quick, but once you get to higher speeds Im not surprised the car cant hold on to you. They use low gears and weight a lot, and that does not work so well after 3rd when your really moving.

And a driver beating another driver is a win as much as a car beating another cvar like the guy above said. Nice work.

Mileage can hurt a cars performance, but LS1s and LT1s seem to age pretty well in that regard. It never hurts to replace vacum hoses and check your base timing. Replace the fuel filter, stuff like that. Honestly some of the most noticeable improvements I have felt in cars is when those basic things are checked. And its cheap.
Old 09-28-2006, 11:05 AM
On The Tree

60,000 miles and your car is running slower? Please. Maybe if it was raced every mile of it's life. My V6 has 132k on it and still pulls on low 15 second cars and I only have a few mods. Besides, 60k miles to me woud be low mileage, haha, I have never owned a car that young.

I keep great care of my car and keep it running better than new.

So the S2000 was either modded or you suck at shifting.

Dan
Old 09-28-2006, 12:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

it's that car like 260hp? and it's gotta weigh like nothing.

good kill.
Old 09-28-2006, 12:29 PM
TECH Resident

I don't know man, I have beatin the dog **** out of those S2000's....Those cars have only 190lbs of tq in stock form...lol There are alot of em around here....seems like I race 1 at least once a month.....I have heard that a SC really makes em wake up but haven't seen 1 though
Old 09-28-2006, 12:49 PM
Teching In

Race sounds accurate on the out come. S2K's high 14's maybe mid 14's and LS1 in the low 13's. Both sound like equal drivers. If it where a race track same out come would show. Good kill! Nice runs!
Old 09-28-2006, 12:56 PM
12 Second Club

Great races, but as many people have said before, he had to be modded! There is no way in hell a stock S2K will be even with a stock LS1.
Old 09-28-2006, 02:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

was his car stock ? or do you stink at driving? lol.. they should be good for high 13s low 14s

Quick Reply: trans am vs. s2k today!!