Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Nothing to brag about and sore losers.

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2006, 05:28 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nothing to brag about and sore losers.

Today, on the way home, a Full-Size Chevy diesel PU decided that he was going to show me a thing or two. At about 45 MPH he kept getting beside me and revving his motor. At first, I just ignored him and let him do his thing. But, like an idiot, I decided to let him get to me. It was time to edumicate him. I got beside him and started to rev my motor. He then took off and I nailed it and left him (4th gear). He kept coming back for more though. I was just having a good 'ole time and laughing my *** off during all of this. I finally had to slow down in the right lane due to traffic and he precedes to pull alongside me on the left. He then begins to start calling me every name in the book, he's going to kill me or murder me, etc. Before I could challenge him, he took off again. Down the road I pulled up beside him and he wouldn't even look my way. *****.

Why is it always P/U's or SUV's that want to f*** with me. Not mustangs, not imports...
Old 10-04-2006, 05:35 PM
TECH Resident

from what i learned guys in big trucks and suvs do that not because they think they can beat you but because they simply wanna see you floor it and see your car run...its cheap entertainment for them
Old 10-04-2006, 05:45 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by pSSycotic
from what i learned guys in big trucks and suvs do that not because they think they can beat you but because they simply wanna see you floor it and see your car run...its cheap entertainment for them
not completely their are some stupid people out there lol and some fast trucks
Old 10-04-2006, 05:53 PM
TECH Resident

true, i meant that as in...for the most part most guys in large trucks do that..iv had trucks do that then they pull up to me and they tell me hey man i just wanted to see you get on it
Old 10-04-2006, 05:58 PM
Staging Lane

true, i meant that as in...for the most part most guys in large trucks do that..iv had trucks do that then they pull up to me and they tell me hey man i just wanted to see you get on it

I'm used to racing poeple and having a good time. I woulda settled for that but this guy was pissed off and being an

Can we say Road Rage to the nth degree?
Old 10-04-2006, 06:23 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by dbuie
Why is it always P/U's or SUV's that want to f*** with me. Not mustangs, not imports...
cause they most likley bought their vehicle so they could feel like their king of the road, it goes to their head before they even put it in gear
either that or its ***** envy
Old 10-07-2006, 01:02 AM
Launching!

Dont know about you guys, but I keep on having people with bikes messing with me. I'm minding my own business and at least 3 different times in 3 weeks I get these *uckers that want to do wheelies while riding next to me, revving at stop lights and what have you. I dont think a stock car can match up to even moderate of the bikes.
Old 10-07-2006, 11:26 AM
uno
On The Tree

Trucks always try and give it a go with sport cars around here. When I used to have runthis on my tags of my 240, trucks and vans were all that would even try lol
Old 10-07-2006, 11:38 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by dbuie
Today, on the way home, a Full-Size Chevy diesel PU decided that he was going to show me a thing or two. At about 45 MPH he kept getting beside me and revving his motor. At first, I just ignored him and let him do his thing. But, like an idiot, I decided to let him get to me. It was time to edumicate him. I got beside him and started to rev my motor. He then took off and I nailed it and left him (4th gear). He kept coming back for more though. I was just having a good 'ole time and laughing my *** off during all of this. I finally had to slow down in the right lane due to traffic and he precedes to pull alongside me on the left. He then begins to start calling me every name in the book, he's going to kill me or murder me, etc. Before I could challenge him, he took off again. Down the road I pulled up beside him and he wouldn't even look my way. *****.

Some F-bod driver probably took his woman!
Old 10-07-2006, 11:44 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Grimlock1968
Dont know about you guys, but I keep on having people with bikes messing with me. I'm minding my own business and at least 3 different times in 3 weeks I get these *uckers that want to do wheelies while riding next to me, revving at stop lights and what have you. I dont think a stock car can match up to even moderate of the bikes.
I've been getting that too.
Old 10-07-2006, 11:48 AM
TECH Resident

I have this done to me all the time. And when my roomate had his lifted 2 door tahoe with dumps, we used to do it to badass cars all the time, just to see them run!
Old 10-07-2006, 01:40 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Grimlock1968
I get that too lol. I actually had a douche on a bike riding my *** him an his 2 buddies thought the were going to show me a thing or two . My g/f was with me and was like ohhh that guy is a dumbass he thinks he's god's gift to women lol. Then after i kinda goosed it when i went past time in traffic they were all over me. This dipshit was riding so close i could see his headlight though the space between the wing and rear hatch, this was in pretty heavy traffic so it's not like either of us could get on it. I don't see why they do that it truely is ***** envy i believe. It's stupid to try to race me they know their going to beat me so wtf is the point really .

Oh and the guys in big trucks around here it's a 50/50 chance your going to run into one that wants to see you get on it. The other 50% they have a big head and for some reason they think they are going to actually beat you lol.
Old 10-07-2006, 02:08 PM
12 Second Club

lol thats funny
Old 10-07-2006, 02:18 PM
Staging Lane

You guys should try riding a sportbike sometime if you think every guy on a bike is after you to race. It's 100 times worse on a bike. Every schmuck rolling on 4 wheels wants a go.
Old 10-07-2006, 03:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Around here if ya try to or pass a truck or sport-ute they always seem to get pissed. Case in point- I was cruising down the highway yesterday trying make it to dinner with the fam, cruising along about 75 and get behind some traffic ( what ever happened to keep right for slower traffic?) that won't move over. No problem. I get in the right lane to go around and see a car up ahead in my lane. I speed up to pass and the guy next to me in a Durango speeds up too. Sooo, I get stuck and as the cars next to me go by they're all yelling and shaking their hands at me. I'm not driving stupid so I don't get it? I get back over and go by the guy in the right lane and all the other a-holes in front stay in the left lane again. Now theres no one in the right lane at all so I pull into it and start to pass the Durango again (more dirty looks!) and think alls well when the guy in front of him veers into my lane and all I could do was swerve for the shoulder! I had a split second decision to make, and said screw standing on the brakes and losing it, I punched it and passed him on the shoulder. Dumb I know but f-it. Any time I pass a truck they get pissed, I guess I should too when I'm in mine!
Old 10-08-2006, 09:59 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Most of my non track races in my f bodies were from trucks and normally very slow cars.
In my talon it is a bit different mix it seems.Most of the normal import guys seem to fear the turbo talon mabye they know it being awd will waste them off the line.

I have not lost to a truck yet but of course know there are fast trucks out there see them at my local track running.Buddy has modded up engine swapped 6.0 truck that just ran 13.99 this year. Seen some diesel turbos at local track with some mods but never seen one break 13s there yet. Seen lots of fast old trucks with like BBC swaps
and some fast minitrucks with v8s swaps.
In our town it seems the slow guys driving things like v6 tiburons and near stock hondas and imports do want to try my various cars although they usually don't mess with the ws6 much or the turbo talon..I think they might possibly hope the vert being purple is a chick car and a v6..its actually the wifes car. And they likely might think my talon is stock or maybe non turbo although have the turbo badges on it currently.
Most of the talon challengers are v8 cars that figure no way a 4 banger will have a chance against them.
The most challenging cars that want to play are usually the mustangs in their many forms.They are interesting as you never know whats in them. Some have of course added superchargers,lots have spray and some engine swaps and some in my town have single and even twin turbos.
They have really cracked down in my city on racing in any form calling it stunting or contest of speed if they even think you are racing you will get big tickets so a lot more mellow lately. Boring but whatever. Unfortunately right now track is like three hours away but supposed to maybe get track half hour away but its not open yet.
That will be nice.
Old 10-08-2006, 04:47 PM
On The Tree

me to.
Old 10-09-2006, 01:16 AM
Launching!

Exclamation

Originally Posted by ibepressin
You guys should try riding a sportbike sometime if you think every guy on a bike is after you to race. It's 100 times worse on a bike. Every schmuck rolling on 4 wheels wants a go.

Let me ask you folks this, let's say Joe Schmoe is having a bad day and he's minding his own business driving around in his ls1. Let's say also Joe Cool pulls along to him in this nicely respectable bike revving out of no where blatantly cutting in front of him, then gets behind him rides his tail, then does this irritating drive by wheely that makes you want to do a quick lane change check on him. What do you think this guy is thinking if he were to do that to the wrong person at the wrong time of day and place? I'm sure someone bold like that is probably packing a piece in case somebody that didnt like his showing off decided to give him an attitude but besides that what is he thinking? Grant it, I can show a high degree of respect for some of the stunts these guys can do on their bikes, yes, it even looks cool to me but I dont understand why is it necessary to mess with someone that is just minding his own and doing the speed limit? (I apologize if it's a naturalistic way of hijacking a thread but while you guys were on the subject...)
Old 10-09-2006, 01:22 AM
TECH Veteran

brake check the ************ FTW!

Originally Posted by 89tang
This dipshit was riding so close i could see his headlight though the space between the wing and rear hatch
Old 10-09-2006, 11:52 AM
Launching!

Lots of people think trucks are fast. The other night at Speedwrold there tons of slow trucks a few fast ones. People really do think slow heavy *** gas guzzling vehicles are cool these days. Its sad. Fast heavy *** gas guzzling vehicles are cool. Stock Titans are not. Its just pathetic that they get butthurt about it. I guess I would too if I payed through the nose for a luxo barge I dont need that cant accelerate, corner, decelerate or otherwise entertain me yet looks like it should do mach 5 and sounds like the apocalypse. Its bordeline factory rice.