Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

SS vs. G35 ...you have to hear what this guy says!

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2006, 02:16 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SS vs. G35 ...you have to hear what this guy says!

So my friend(logo_craig) and I are cruising back to the house last night when I notice a nice looking car riding all over my *** through this construction zone. So I speed up and weave through a little bit of traffic so that we can get some open road, all the while he stays right on my ***.

We finally realize it is a G35 coupe; I love these cars and would like to own one as a daily driver one day. Anyways, the road construction ends and the conjested 2 lane turns into a wide open 3 lane road. There is a red light like an 1/8th mile up the road so I am coasting to a stop, but this guy decides now would be a good time to race and procedes to do his first ricer fly-by and then has to slam on his brakes b/c of the red light.

As soon as we both get to the red light, of course, it turns green. So we both slowly get back up to speed pacing each other. I hear/see him down gear at about 50 and punch it! A split second later I punch it. His bumper got about a foot in front of mine, but that is as far as he got. Pulled about 2 cars through 2nd, and then another 3 or so through 3rd. I shutdown at 90mph about 5 cars ahead and still pulling.

He catches up and we cruise next to each other for a little while, I looked over at him and he was shaking his head. Well we get a red light. He starts revvin' his v6 so I start revving my full exhaust ls1 .
The light turns green and I completely roasted my tires. Seriously all the way through 1st I was just burning them up! Funny thing was, he still didn't get a jump. By the end of 1st I was 1/2 a car ahead b/c of all the spinning. Switched into 2nd and immediately gained about a car. Put another car on him throughout the rest of second, went halfway through 3rd, looked back and was 4-5 cars ahead so I shutdown. He proceded to do his second ricer fly-by even though my brake lights had been on for at least 3 seconds .

Now, for those of you that have read this far, here is the best part:
We stop at the next light where we are going straight and he is turning
right. His retarded looking head leans out his window and tells Logan word for word:

"I have an activated supercharger, but I can't get it to work"

WHAT!!?? Ok, I have heard some ricer excuses in my life, but holyshit!! What is this guy even talking about!?!?

Well, me and Logan thought that **** was hilarious and laughed our asses off all the way home!

Sorry if it was long, I like to be thorough when telling stories.

Last edited by jpat1023; 10-11-2006 at 02:26 PM.
Old 10-11-2006, 02:20 PM
uno
On The Tree

i heard the supercharger on a clutch fan type of thing before but not that haha.lol nice
Old 10-11-2006, 02:28 PM
On The Tree

he must have watched mad max before the race. remember the switch? nice race.
Old 10-11-2006, 02:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

If not that, then he must have been talking about one of those electric "superchargers." That definitely takes the cake as far as excuses go.
Old 10-11-2006, 02:34 PM
TECH Resident

^^ Yea that is the only thing I can even remotely think of....but still, putting that thing on your car is just as bad as his dumbass excuse!

ws64life--haha yea I remember that **** in mad max! Gotta love that movie...
Old 10-11-2006, 03:03 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Man...if he ever finds that switch, watch out

Are people actually getting dumber over time, or have they always been this toopud?
Old 10-11-2006, 03:22 PM
TECH Regular

Im telling you ever since that dumb *** set of movies "the fast and the furious" every one thinks that if they add tail lights they are now paul walker. and every car with a folgers can on the back runs a 10 sec 1/4. Im telling you this is when i think car world went downhill.
Old 10-11-2006, 03:24 PM
TECH Resident

Old 10-11-2006, 03:35 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've heard of serious electrical problems with the G35...must include the "activated supercharger".
Old 10-11-2006, 03:46 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by skifast87
Im telling you ever since that dumb *** set of movies "the fast and the furious" every one thinks that if they add tail lights they are now paul walker. and every car with a folgers can on the back runs a 10 sec 1/4. Im telling you this is when i think car world went downhill.
It all started when ricers started modifying Honda Civics, and its gone downhill from there. The F&F made it even worse by giving it publicity. Its now to the point where you can buy ugly riced out 4 cylinder cars right from the factory (Evo and STI). Pathetic, it really is.
Old 10-11-2006, 04:19 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

like a ricer lol saying his vtec aint vtechin right when you spanked his *** by 23.5 cars.
Old 10-11-2006, 04:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by bjamick
like a ricer lol saying his vtec aint vtechin right when you spanked his *** by 23.5 cars.
Old 10-11-2006, 04:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by TransAminal
It all started when ricers started modifying Honda Civics, and its gone downhill from there. The F&F made it even worse by giving it publicity. Its now to the point where you can buy ugly riced out 4 cylinder cars right from the factory (Evo and STI). Pathetic, it really is.
Old 10-11-2006, 05:25 PM
mcG
TECH Resident

those g35 coupes are nice, but this guy's an idiot
Old 10-11-2006, 05:30 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by jpat1023
So my friend(logo_craig) and I are cruising back to the house last night when I notice a nice looking car riding all over my *** through this construction zone. So I speed up and weave through a little bit of traffic so that we can get some open road, all the while he stays right on my ***.

We finally realize it is a G35 coupe; I love these cars and would like to own one as a daily driver one day. Anyways, the road construction ends and the conjested 2 lane turns into a wide open 3 lane road. There is a red light like an 1/8th mile up the road so I am coasting to a stop, but this guy decides now would be a good time to race and procedes to do his first ricer fly-by and then has to slam on his brakes b/c of the red light.

As soon as we both get to the red light, of course, it turns green. So we both slowly get back up to speed pacing each other. I hear/see him down gear at about 50 and punch it! A split second later I punch it. His bumper got about a foot in front of mine, but that is as far as he got. Pulled about 2 cars through 2nd, and then another 3 or so through 3rd. I shutdown at 90mph about 5 cars ahead and still pulling.

He catches up and we cruise next to each other for a little while, I looked over at him and he was shaking his head. Well we get a red light. He starts revvin' his v6 so I start revving my full exhaust ls1 .
The light turns green and I completely roasted my tires. Seriously all the way through 1st I was just burning them up! Funny thing was, he still didn't get a jump. By the end of 1st I was 1/2 a car ahead b/c of all the spinning. Switched into 2nd and immediately gained about a car. Put another car on him throughout the rest of second, went halfway through 3rd, looked back and was 4-5 cars ahead so I shutdown. He proceded to do his second ricer fly-by even though my brake lights had been on for at least 3 seconds .

right. His retarded looking head leans out his window and tells Logan word for word:

WHAT!!?? Ok, I have heard some ricer excuses in my life, but holyshit!! What is this guy even talking about!?!?

Well, me and Logan thought that **** was hilarious and laughed our asses off all the way home!

maybe hes got the badass electic supercharger and it wont turn on. If hes got the e s/c i wouldnt mess with him
Old 10-11-2006, 05:30 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by jpat1023

maybe hes got the badass electic supercharger and it wont turn on. If hes got the e s/c i wouldnt mess with him
Old 10-11-2006, 06:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i think that guy ate his bowl of down-syndrome wheaties for breakfast, lunch and dinner!!.....for the past 18 years!!
Old 10-11-2006, 07:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Good read, nice kill. I would've ragged the guy on the spot.
Old 10-11-2006, 10:26 PM
12 Second Club

yeah it might be like a old friends 02 mustang gt, he'd brag about the stock "turbocharger" he had and how fast he was, every time he'd punch it his "tc" light came on "my cars turbo charged" he'd say and how he would fly, finally some one let him know the "TC" light was for TRACTION CONTROL
Old 10-11-2006, 11:42 PM
On The Tree

^^^^