Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

98'Z28 vs.388 stroker

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2006, 08:57 PM
10 Second Club

Received 58 Likes on 27 Posts

Default 98'Z28 vs.388 stroker

Well i got some runs in last night and decided i would tell yall about them and a few other that took place!

First up was me and my buddy's long town awaited run his car is a 388 stroker with a solid roller and world products heads and i believe it 12 to 1 compression, its got a 3500 stall, Gn rear and 28.10.5 slicks. I do know it ran a 7.50 in the 1/8.

He asked if i would be willing to do a 20mph roll on the motor and of course i agreed and believe me when i say this we've been trying to race for about 2 years and when my car broke his ran and so on and so four!
I told him if he wins i want another run with me on the nitrous !

Anyways i honked it off and started pulling right away and had about 2 cars on him too about 130mph but i did notice he was catching me very very slowly! We tryed to run again and i started pulling the same way as before and then his car broke. Very good run and i hate to see him lose and that it happened it front of half of his friends these way.

Second run was my buddy's 04' Cobra bone stock and my buddy's 02' WS.6 M6 with Slp LM and Slp Lid, They ran from a 45 roll and the TA had a Half a fender on him till 130 and the Cobra came beside him and they let out! Good runs and two Good drivers. They ran at the track and it turned out different the Cobra ran 12.7's and the TA ran 12.8-9's.