Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Had a run in with a vett NA and sprayed a 03-04 cobra.

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2006, 11:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Had a run in with a vett NA and sprayed a 03-04 cobra.

I was on the HWY and I pull up and pass this stock looking black C5 vett with dealer plate’s on it. I get about 100ft in front when this vett decides to punch it and catch up to me and pull right next to me matching my speed. He then punches it all the sudden and I do the same. He gets a little jump on me but I stop his pull and pass him up. I run through a few gears and put about five cars on him. I give him the thumbs up and pull off the hwy to my house to pick something up, As I head back to the hwy I see this black SVT 03-04 Cobra turn onto the street in front of me and then punch it a little(I think to my self this one sounds modified!). I pull right behind him at a light right before a long four lane underground tunnel (I wish I could have pulled besides him at the light but there were cars at the light already and I’m going to take what I can get). One of his buddy that was following the Cobra in the car behind me gets out of his car and yells to the Cobra in front of me and says” Yea! You gotta take this one down!” I open my Bottle, arm and purge a big nitrous cloud above my windshield . The light turn green and the Cobra slightly punch it off the line and moves to the right to give me some room. We line up from around maybe a 20mph roll and we both punch it. I run though first, second and then third as my cutouts are blaring and echoing off the underground tunnel walls (sounded bad ***) I put about five cars on him at the time I shut down. I stick my arm out the window and give him thumbs up *** I exit the other end of the tunnel he never pulls up and takes the first onramp on to the fwy and we go our separate ways. Damb! I wish I knew what his mod’s were.
Old 10-23-2006, 12:29 AM
Staging Lane

Nice kills.
Old 10-23-2006, 12:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Nice kills
Old 10-23-2006, 01:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

that had to feel good putting a few lengths on a cobra with cocky friends! I love those cobras though....
Old 10-23-2006, 10:00 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ya i wish i could own a cobra, im only 18 and when i turn 19 to start my credit i was wanting to buy a car on a first buyers program do you think i could buy a cobra?? but anyways your car is sick man props
Old 10-23-2006, 04:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks guy's. It feels good to get my first 03-04 Cobra. I waited five years to finally get one. Those cars are kinda rare, even more rare than the WS6's and SS's. I give Props to the 03-04 Cobra's.
Old 10-23-2006, 04:15 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by Oatmeal
Thanks guy's. It feels good to get my first 03-04 Cobra. I waited five years to finally get one. Those cars are kinda rare, even more rare than the WS6's and SS's. I give Props to the 03-04 Cobra's.
Nice kill! Most people LOVE racing 03 Cobras due to that little bit of fear they feel when they see them! Its fun to have one, I went to Autozone Saturday and I swear I walk out and 3 guys are asking me "pop the hood", "what ya got", "you got a solid rear"....Its fun as Sh%t! If you get chance to own one, do it. If you get chance to race one...well do that too. Again good kill.
Old 10-23-2006, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by bjamick
ya i wish i could own a cobra, im only 18 and when i turn 19 to start my credit i was wanting to buy a car on a first buyers program do you think i could buy a cobra?? but anyways your car is sick man props

You may have a slight problem with insurance premuims. Otherwise yes, get one. Even through Fords first time buyer program they require a 5k down payment and its usually on NEW cars...but hey, contact your local Ford and ask. ( That was the criteria when I worked there, could be different now )
Old 10-23-2006, 08:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
Nice kill! Most people LOVE racing 03 Cobras due to that little bit of fear they feel when they see them! Its fun to have one, I went to Autozone Saturday and I swear I walk out and 3 guys are asking me "pop the hood", "what ya got", "you got a solid rear"....Its fun as Sh%t! If you get chance to own one, do it. If you get chance to race one...well do that too. Again good kill.
Nice fun car you have there with a long mod list. Nice!
Old 10-24-2006, 09:13 AM

Thanks....but not enough, not even close these streets are MEAN these days!
Old 10-24-2006, 04:58 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice kills!!. Your car is making some good power
Old 10-24-2006, 07:22 PM
Teching In

nice kills..