Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

My latest Kills: LS1 Z/28, Cammed 5.0, SRT4

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2006, 04:00 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default My latest Kills: LS1 Z/28, Cammed 5.0, SRT4

Well guys I haven't had many races to get all excited about lately, but I'm trying to pass the time at work. So here is a few stories of my latest kills in the past few weeks for you to contemplate. (my mods are in sig)

The first was a cammed 5.0. I was at the gas station filling up and I here the unmistakable sound of a cammed small block. I look over and it is an early fox-body GT that looked rough but sounded really nice. I get in my car and of course I had to 'rev a little extra when I started my car. I didn't think anything about it but when I started to leave he reved back. So I whipped it back around and decided to talk. I asked what he had and he said basically just a cam. One of his buddies smiled real big and said "you should run him!" with kind of an attitude like he just knew I would get my *** handed to me. I jumped at the opportunity and said how about we head out and do a roll from about 10-15. The kid agreed and so we headed out. He pulled up to me and I hollered for him to go ahead and jump and I would be ready. He did and this damn thing could run. Throught first I was dead even, second about 1 fender, and FINALLY by about midway through 3rd I started to pull him. I let out about 135 with about 1.5 cars on him. I slowed down to give him a thumbs up. He returned the gesture, but I could tell he was somewhat upset or embarresed (he left his buddy at the gas station so who knows what he told him). The kid never got beside me again.

Race #2. A few nights later I was heading to my freinds house and ran up on a White Z/28, with a berger panel, chrome Eagle 18s, and ground effects. I asked if he wanted to run him and he was down. It turns out he has a 2000 A4 with nothing but a flowmaster. We went out to an empty stretch of highway, and did 2 30 roll races. I let him honk and both times I pulled rather well. The third race was from a dig with him honking again. He got a slight jump on me because I was a little over-zelouse with the gas pedal, but once I got traction I pulled him rather hard. All three races I took it to about 115 and had about 3 cars on him each time. I'm very impressed with the advantage the new gears and clutch gave me.

The third race was an SRT4 on the same night as the Z. I had just started to head back to my buddies house after the run in with the Z/28 and a copper color SRT4 does a Fly-By on me. I made my way through traffic and happen to catch him at a light. I was really excited because I have heard good things about these cars and I had yet to run one. The light turns green and we both took off. I got a good jump on him but screwed my 1-2 shift bad and he pulled even with me, but once I pulled my head out of my *** and got into second, it was nothing but tailights. To be honest I was not impressed....I never got a chance to ask the guy what his mods are (if any) because he never would get next to me again and turned off after about a mile later. I'm assuming he was bone stock as bad as he got walked.

Sorry for the novel, but like I said I am VERY bored at work.

Cliff Notes:

Early 5.0 GT (cammed)-roll from 15 to about 135 with me winning by a little over 1.5 lengths.

2000 Z/28 A4 with flowmaster only-two rolls from 30 and one dig with me winning by about 3 lenghts before letting off.

SRT4 (assumed stock)-killed badly!
Old 10-28-2006, 04:05 PM
Devil Dog, OohRah!

Originally Posted by rk_2000_Z/28
Sorry for the novel, but like I said I am VERY bored at work.
I know EXACTLY how you feel right now. And I just started my shift. Anyhow, good kills!
Old 10-28-2006, 05:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

woop woop! cammed 5.0s sound goot