Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Porsche Boxster gets spanked well by Wagon with 600 Bike witness

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2006, 09:50 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Porsche Boxster gets spanked well by Wagon with 600 Bike witness

Cruising along tonight on the interstate in the left lane, going about 80mph, I see a pair of headlights about a 1/4 mile back, making quick progress, weaving through traffic, with a 3rd headlight right behind it, dancing through the same motions. As they approach, I make out from my supernatural headlight identification skills that it's a Porsche product- just could tell exactly what -yet.

As these Porsche and bike approach, I set my bait and reduce speed to 70mph to force them to pass to my right (clear interstate). As they come up, making major headway- they popped to my right (as anticipated), and I rev matched into 3rd and held the pass, then began walking the Porsche (which got into the throttle even more when he saw me engage). I let off at 110mph to see what it was and it pulled up next to me - just a simple Boxster- as expected due to its inability to pull on me. The 600 bike rider, witnessing this, is dancing between my lane and the Boxster, anticipating another run.

We get through some traffic, make it out of the pack and clear interstate ahead once again. This time the Boxster pops to my right again, and I let him pass and tuck in behind him and he goes WOT at about 70mph- so do I and I wind out 3rd, slam into 4th and the walk begins. The meat of 4th gear sees the wagon go to the Boxsters' left and about 2 cars worth of walk before shut down once again at 110mph. Bike behind us, pacing the entire action.

2 runs and that's enough for me. Boxster darts off to the horizon ahead with the 600 darting past him, having had his fill of entertainment .

In conclusion, Boxsters are no big deal in a straight line run (they are wonderful cars nonetheless), but it's nice to have these little moments of engagement come across you when you're just out and about on your way somewhere- and the opportunity to run a hard charging Porsche owner just manifests itself- along with a bike for an audience.

Further down the interstate, I came across a Supra which was turning off to another highway. I smirked and thought to myself "pick your battles wisely wagon boy, pick your battles".

Last edited by SouthFL.02.SS; 11-03-2006 at 10:04 PM.
Old 11-03-2006, 10:57 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

don't boxters run like 14's to 15's?? i am not a very big porshe fan especially when it comes to boxters. good kill though
Old 11-03-2006, 10:59 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Originally Posted by michael402z06
don't boxters run like 14's to 15's?? i am not a very big porshe fan especially when it comes to boxters. good kill though
They are a low 14ish high 90something mph car. The newer ones dip into 13's and break 100mph trap. The Boxter S is a solid 13sec. car pushing 105+mph.
I ran a plain ol' Boxster. Decent enough challenge for the wagon. If I were still in the SS, I'da gone after that Supra
Old 11-04-2006, 03:26 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yea, but he probebly wouldn't of raced you. most of them just like to dyno race and i'm sure if you were in the ss that boxter would of been WAY back there.
Old 11-04-2006, 07:20 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

What's up Carlos!

That racing spirit never goes away does it? You're out there kicking *** in a
wagon.
Old 11-04-2006, 09:24 AM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Originally Posted by unit213
What's up Carlos!

That racing spirit never goes away does it? You're out there kicking *** in a
wagon.
Hard to walk away from it.
Old 11-04-2006, 09:28 AM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Also, I'm fully aware that it's both interesting (for its underdog value) yet depressing that I'm doing this in a wagon (with a Recaro baby seat strapped to the rear bench- empty of course, for these stories).