Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

my first race!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2006, 10:23 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my first race!!!

Well I used to love racing anything when I had my wrx. I had learned to launch/drive that thing for all it was worth. I would race anything just because I liked to drive my car fast and see other fast cars.
Anyways...

I hadn't raced anybody since I got the vette. Until now

I was leaving my girlfriends house headed to my apartment at about midnight the other night. I was at a stoplight in front of a gas station. The rims are what caught my eye. They had to be 22's. It was a clean 300C, all black. I'm getting on the freeway a block down the rode and I see his headlights on my bumper. I know it is on because He had to haul some *** just to get on my *** from the gas station. I merge at a completely sane speed because State Troopers love to hang out just past the entrance ramp. He doesn't merge at a sane speed at all. He flys by me rims blinging all the way. I catch the srt-8 badge on the back end. I am giddy when I see that. I figure I can hang but I know it should be good. As soon as he is 3 or 4 cars in front he slows to admire his handiwork. By now I am in the middle lane and he is in the far left. I speed up and he coasts until we match speeds at 70-80. I give the three honk hello and where off. I get no jump. He gets no jump. I just slowly but forcefully pull from 80 to about 130. We both slowed. I couldn't see his reaction becuase his windows where like a blackhole.

Thanks for listening. I'm pumped about the race. I don't care about the outcome of these races. It's just fun for me no matter what.

btw, all I have done is the zip-tie mod. It's a 98 six speed vette.
Old 11-06-2006, 10:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

good stuff. i love street racing
Old 11-06-2006, 10:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

Good kill, and nice attitude. It is good to see someone who is out for fun, and not to flaunt their ego.
Old 11-07-2006, 01:00 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good Kill. I bet the WRX and Vette are not even in the same league
Old 11-07-2006, 08:33 AM
uno
On The Tree

they're not haha wrx=175awhp
nice kill. I got one of those srt-8 300c's in my 240sx when I had my other turbo on it. They're sorta fast.
Old 11-07-2006, 08:36 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good to hear there is a vette owner willing to play!
Old 11-09-2006, 12:41 PM
Teching In

yea the wrx and vette are completely different. My wrx was prolly 220-230 awhp. (turboback exhaust, header, intake, tune and some little stuff) but I had 225 width bridgestones all around. it could put down all of that power all of the time (on dry pavement). I have no doubt I was quicker to 60-70 in my wrx than I am inmy vette. That thing was so fun to floor in second gear coming out of a corner. The vette is on bald runflats so until it hooks in second gear, most of the power goes up in smoke.

I had alot of fun in my wrx and the vette will prolly be more fun once I get used to it. I wish I had the budget to build an autocross only STI, a freeway monster vette, and drive an audi everyd ay. oh well, one day, I'm only 20.
Old 11-09-2006, 02:56 PM
uno
On The Tree

Originally Posted by bottlefedC5
yea the wrx and vette are completely different. My wrx was prolly 220-230 awhp. (turboback exhaust, header, intake, tune and some little stuff) but I had 225 width bridgestones all around. it could put down all of that power all of the time (on dry pavement). I have no doubt I was quicker to 60-70 in my wrx than I am inmy vette. That thing was so fun to floor in second gear coming out of a corner. The vette is on bald runflats so until it hooks in second gear, most of the power goes up in smoke.

I had alot of fun in my wrx and the vette will prolly be more fun once I get used to it. I wish I had the budget to build an autocross only STI, a freeway monster vette, and drive an audi everyd ay. oh well, one day, I'm only 20.
I'm with ya there. I'd love to build an awd car in addition to what I already have. You're even younger than me. I'm 24.