Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

WS6 kid makes ricer comments last nite

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2006, 01:00 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default WS6 kid makes ricer comments last nite

Last night me, my bro and a few buddies went to the local car show at chick fila. There was a kid there who I met and raced about 6 months ago at wally world(wal-mart), he has an '00 WS6, his name is Alex. At the time I had just my headers, ory, lm and short throw. His mods were, borla exhaust, hurst shifter that came with the car, eibach ignition and he said he had a custom "chip". I said they dont make chips for LS1's, only handhled programmers or you would have to had a new ecu. He again told me no, he went to a shop he found and they made him a chip. So I said ok, and we left and raced. I put a car on him. So I saw him again as he approached me last night to come and talk to me. We got to cathing up on our cars, and he said some really ricer comments in. Ok, now one of his friends also works at my store. She ran her mouth to my buddy with an SRT4 and said this kid Alex wants to race him and he has 700 hp. My buddy said, whats are his mods? She replied with and intake, exhaust and a chip. My buddy said, wow thats kinda modest dont ya think? as he was laughing at her. Anyways, last nite at the show he tells me and my buddy with the SRT4 that he has exhaust, a "stretched" factory y pipe that he took to rev xtreme to have melted and made bigger, a hurst shift kit(car is a 6spd) a diablo chip and a gorilla chip for the intake and his car makes about 500hp. I turned to look at my bro and buddy and busted out laughing. There was a kid there last nite that I raced last week with a cobra who said he wanted to race Alex. He was like no, I dont even bother with cobras, they're a waste of my time. Derek(kid with the cobra) said, I'll give you $20 to race me. Alex said no, I can't, I just got a ticket last week and Im afraid. Then an LT1 camaro drove thru the parking lot with a loud exhaust and Alex said how he raced him yesterday and the LT1 had a 40 mph roll on him and he still beat him. I started laughing again and just walked away. Why do some people talk like this and say such stupid things? And everything I wrote were his exact words. This kid definitely did not deserve to have the car he has and he is the type that gives bad names to car guys everywhere. Sorry for the long write up, but I just had to let everyone hear that story. And I just wanted to ask if anyone has ever heard of a "gorilla chip" for the intake? Or if there are any companies out there that have started making chips for LS1's at all? I have always read on here there are no such thing as an actual chip for ls1's.
Old 11-11-2006, 01:07 AM
TECH Apprentice

WOw...jsut wow...I hate STUPIDITY. Sad thing is.....he not only didn't learn in 6 months..HE GOT WORSE.

Funny.....I always thought Fbods used chips not tuners......but, that's partly why I am here....to learn.
Old 11-11-2006, 01:35 AM
Teching In

Uuuuuuh I rarely post but when did Eibach start making chips, thought they were suspension types. Dude sounds like a fuggin ooopum-lupa.
Old 11-11-2006, 01:54 AM
On The Tree

haha, there was a DSM kid (when I usta race DSM'S) who had a stock AWD (with a miss) and claimed to run 10's. Ran a AWD that did 11.3 on spray w/o his spray and got SPANKED. I LOVE to race those type of people beucase after you sluaghter them, you can enjoy all the goofy BS they pass around about how there tires were low, or some gay ****
Old 11-11-2006, 02:16 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow! what a goon. He should sell his car
Old 11-11-2006, 03:59 AM
TECH Apprentice

i busted a girl that said her dad bought her a C6 and he put a chip in it for her and it was so much faster than it was. i said, he didnt buy you a C6, you dont have one that is bullshit cause there are no chips available for them. stupidity that some people throw around is amazing. i cant wait until i get a clutch in my car, i had this kid with a WS6 tell me he is going to waste me with his iron block 370ci motor stock 241's, a large sounding cam, pacesetter LT's, tsp true duals, he doesnt even know the specs on his cam just says its big, 3.42's, 6spd. He also goes on by saying that any thing over 370ci is just a waste and there is no proof that a 383, 403, 408 or a 427 is any faster than a 346 or a 370 for that matter. Im taking him to a ATM to get $200 out before we even race. Funny thing is i told him the specs on my cam 240/.608 108 he crapped his paints and said damn boy that is huge???!!
Old 11-11-2006, 04:10 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hes a tool
Old 11-11-2006, 05:09 AM
11 Second Club

ahahahahahahaha

I had a guy from my hometown with an ss that ran low 13s beat me when I was running 11.9s because I spun like crazy off the line. I gave him props and asked if he wanted to race next week when my tires come in(my old slicks were toast). He said yeah and we went on our way. During the whole week he was talking so much smack to my friend that my car is slow as **** and he's going to beat me again. After my friend told me this I told him to be up town tomorrow night at our meeting spot. This time I was in the parking lot waiting on my hoosier slicks and skinnies and the look on his face was priceless lol. He tried like hell to back out of the race and I said...Oh no, let's go, we're racing. Long story short I smoked him by 6 cars in the 1/4 with his g/f in the car with him.
Old 11-11-2006, 10:47 AM
Teching In

uhhh they do make chips for f-bods....jets preformance does....but what a tool thatguy was hahahhah love it
Old 11-11-2006, 10:55 AM
TECH Senior Member

What an ***.
Old 11-11-2006, 11:15 AM
On The Tree

Reminds me of a kid I knew in high school who used to talk all kinds of nonsense. After a while people just stopped talking to him because all he did was lie. I have never had someone actually try to convince me that his friend's dad has a 5 sec. street car! WTF? These people should be bitch slapped!
Old 11-11-2006, 05:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

There are bs 'chips' on ebay that are 20 dollars. But then you look and the exact same crock piece from radio shack is listed for all types of cars including LS1s. Maybe they bought one of those.
Old 11-11-2006, 06:40 PM
Launching!

All that being said, i.e. the chips off of ebay and jet performance, it still doesnt give him any room to say that his car makes 500. I wish he would sell the car and hopefully someone who didnt talk out his *** would pick it up.
Old 11-12-2006, 02:29 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by camkid
uhhh they do make chips for f-bods....jets preformance does....but what a tool thatguy was hahahhah love it
The jet "chip" sandwiches between the computer and harness. It's good for a degree or two of advance...if you're lucky. Pretty much worthless. (unless you have a "tornado" also).
Old 11-13-2006, 10:45 AM
Teching In

Kinda reminds me about this weekend. A ricer that I know said that the went 500 mph in his turbo eclipse Even when I told him that it wasnt possible, he said that it was a street racing car from california and that it went at least 450 mph, lol. He was saying that it had a v-8 and a new turbo and exhaust. what a tool.
Old 11-13-2006, 11:33 AM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Hey, stupid guy for sure but it gives us people to race! There are PLENTY around.
Old 11-13-2006, 12:39 PM
Launching!

that's all i have to say....
Old 11-13-2006, 02:33 PM
Teching In

I had a guy with an 05 GTO kept referring to his DiabloSport Predator as a chip. I kept correcting him and saying "programmer" he just simply said "Samething"..

Truth is in all cars you will always get the guys who don't reseach and just buy what some other tool said "worked great in my car".
Old 11-13-2006, 03:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

my generation sux for car intelligence..... im 18 and i cant talk to any of my friends about cars....... they try and tell me that my blazer will get smoked bye a 325i bmw and that no chevy can beat any bmw...... i have stoped getting mad and i say fine lets just line them up- which 99% of the time they dont want to....
Old 11-13-2006, 09:13 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think a 'gorilla chip' is like a 'cow pie' right?

The only solution for this guy - find an old railroad spike and pound it deep into his ear...

Jim