Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Ran into an LS2 GTO. Looks like I deserve a rematch.

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2006, 11:38 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ran into an LS2 GTO. Looks like I deserve a rematch.

Well finally after long awaiting, I found myself next to an LS2 GTO at a light. The car was loud so it defenatly had an exhaust to say the least. I sit there and wait for the light to turn green, and I'm assuming that we'll roll out a little to make sure we're clear, then go. Well, that wasan't the case for the GTO.

GTO takes off and get's about a car and a half, maybe even two cars ahead of me. So at this point I'm like, well it's now or never. I gave her all she's got and took off. My car downshifted into 1st and by the time I was at the top of the gear, I had caught him . Since I haven't loaded up a decent tune on the car, my shifts hit the rev limiter. Well 1-2 had a little rev limiter action and lost about a half a car. Hit 2nd, and I caught back up, went to the top of 3rd and must have wacked the rev limiter about 4 times. Then that was that.

So, I have basically no tuning except for making the car more driveable after the build, lost at least a car and a half out of the hole, and was whacking the rev limiter like a broken record. Not talkin any smack, but I think I could have walked away from the LS2 given some better circumstances. I'm sure he was thinking it was just another slow LT1. Suprise suprise!
Old 11-11-2006, 11:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

kool race, get a tune and go looking for him
Old 11-11-2006, 11:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

you must have a fucked up tune if your auto trans bangs the limiter before it shifts.
Old 11-12-2006, 02:05 AM
TECH Resident

Nice car.
Old 11-12-2006, 10:49 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My LS1 bangs off the limiter on the 1-2 shift, but if i can learn how to tune it with my HPtuners ill fix that but i have to get someone to show me how to set it and work with it LOL. Hope you get your car straightned out and find him again.
Old 11-12-2006, 03:59 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like you would have pulled him. Get that tuning issue handled before it makes you lose another race.