Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

LOL at this GT

Old 11-13-2006, 02:02 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LOL at this GT

So... im cruising around woodbridge with a buddy of mine with me, just driving no where cause we had nothin to do when this gay *** mid 90's GT passes me and gives me a quick rev and looks over at me with eyes of intent... I could tell he had exhaust but didnt know if he had anything else. I was about to make a turn into the mall, but i was like hm ok, so i merge back into the lane and pass a few cars to get behind him. At this point he's prob scared s**tless cause my car has all these exhaust leaks so its dam loud and i let him know. So i follow him around cause there was just too much traffic around and i dont like to weave in and out of traffic while im street racing... been there done that, almost totalled my car twice before i realized how stupid it was. So we finally get to a clearing where we can hit it... so i get next to him, look over at him... keep looking... HE WONT LOOK OVER AT ME . He has two hands on the wheel and he's just looking straight like he's scared or somethin.. lol. I was like wtf... you give me a rev and look all big and bad at me then it comes time to race and he wont do anything... "wut a *****," i think to myself, and i down it to second and put buslengths on him just cause i feel like it.

Well later on that night i run into a Caddy CTS-V. I would have ran him but there was so many cops around us so i didnt get the chance to. I was wondering what kind of numbers do they put up? do they > F-bodies or what? I thought they had the LS2 in em but im prob wrong.

All in all a stupid night... worthless GT...
Old 11-13-2006, 02:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 45 Likes on 26 Posts

06 cts-v has the ls2 but the earlier years have the ls6. the run about the same as f-bodys but have nasty wheel hop
Old 11-13-2006, 02:13 AM
TECH Resident

The newer models run the same as the f-bodies? Or the ones with the LS6?
Old 11-14-2006, 11:14 AM
Launching!

The 05 and under CTS-V's come with an LS2. (5.7 400hp)

The new 06 CTS-V comes with an LS6. (6.0 400hp)

Now, why they would change engines and still make the same hp is beyond me...The newer ones are slightly faster, but not much. All the CTS-V's are good for low 13's and are in F-body territory. It's a drivers race...
Old 11-14-2006, 12:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 45 Likes on 26 Posts

you have the engine codes backwards
Old 11-14-2006, 02:14 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by landstuhltaylor
you have the engine codes backwards
+1
Old 11-14-2006, 11:24 PM
TECH Resident

Hmm, weird ive seen some cts-v's make a best 14.1... ofcourse ive seen the ls1 make 14 sec so i guess its all up to the driver, lol. Thanks for the info.
Old 11-15-2006, 08:39 AM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Z 2 8
The 05 and under CTS-V's come with an LS2. (5.7 400hp)

The new 06 CTS-V comes with an LS6. (6.0 400hp)

Now, why they would change engines and still make the same hp is beyond me...The newer ones are slightly faster, but not much. All the CTS-V's are good for low 13's and are in F-body territory. It's a drivers race...
i believe you have the two reversed.

the 05 and under CTS-V's come with an LS6 (5.7L, 405 hp)

the new 06 CTS-V's come with an LS2 (6.0L, 400hp)

to answer your question of why they would change engines, i assume you've never seen an LS2 hp/tq curve compared to an LS6's. yes, the LS6 puts out 5 more peak horsepower, but the curve difference is disgusting. at a point lower in the powerband, the LS2 is putting out nearly 30 more horsepower than the LS6. the LS2 squashes the LS6's power everywhere along the curve except for the very peak numbers. now the torque curve....it's not even a contest. the LS2's is much more linear. the LS2 is simply a better motor. MUCH better hp/tq curve, more cubic inches...there's just more potential in the design. the LS6 is basically nothing but an LS1 with a mild heads and cam package. the LS2 is a whole new beast.

Search this Thread