Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Any DFW GTO race a Maxima on Monday?

Old 11-13-2006, 05:59 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Any DFW GTO race a Maxima on Monday?

I'm a moderator on Maxima.org and just saw this thread. Thought I'd see if we could get the other side of the story.

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=499817
Old 11-13-2006, 08:43 PM
TECH Resident

GTO's are pretty heavy cars but i doubt 800 to 1000 lbs heavier than a Maxima.
Old 11-13-2006, 11:11 PM
Teching In

Ya well i raced an enzo last night. smoked his ***!!!! its just talk. You can say anything on the net. in my opinion its just ricers tryin to play with the big dogs
Old 11-13-2006, 11:14 PM
SDB
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

moderator on a Maxima forum....

ok....

wow....

I actually pissed all over myself and fell on the ground because I laughed so hard..

I am serious....

I am soaked in my own urine, my face hurts from smiling, I am hoarse from laughing out loud, and my back hurts from hitting the floor....

I haven't laughed this hard since I raced a nissan maxima in my 2000 olds intrigue and beat him....

really, thanks for coming on here...

I needed a pick me up...

wow...just wow...

SDB
Old 11-13-2006, 11:35 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by TimTaylor75
I'm a moderator on Maxima.org and just saw this thread. Thought I'd see if we could get the other side of the story.

Old 11-14-2006, 12:36 AM
TECH Veteran

I didnt know there was a Maxima forum!! I thought those were family cars that had decent power.
Old 11-14-2006, 09:49 AM
SDB
10 Second Club

Yeah, those fucing LS1/LS2 GTO owners, all running high to low 13's bone stock, thinking they can beat a superninja maxima....I would want to get the other side of the story as well....can't be having all that bullshit going on at the allmighty maxima site...

Not only did I not know there was a maxima site, but didn't think anyone would EVER admit to being one one, much less being a moderator of one!

I can't think of hardly anything more queer than a maxima site....I can only imagine the conversations that go on there..."Beat a totally hopped up mail truck in my addition last night" or "got destroyed by nephew's tricycle, how fast are those things???" or "what mods to get into the teens?"...

Do you think they have similar format to this site? You know, instead of "12 second Club, 11 second Club, 10 second Club" etc, they have "19 second Club, 18 second Club, 17 second Club (now your haulin, 17's are sweet), 16 second Club (running 16's or quicker, damn!)...???????????

SDB
Old 11-14-2006, 10:12 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TimTaylor75

Probably not a GTO. A stock G6 or Grand Am. GTO? nah.
Old 11-14-2006, 11:19 AM
On The Tree

Default Maxima

My buddy called me the other night and told me that I had to bring my car out cause he had just got smoked. I said by what, and he told me that I wouldn't believe him if he told me. It turned out to be a 1987 Maxima. It had just smoked his 04 GT Mustang, and my other buddies 92 GT 5.0 Mustang. So I took my car out and found them waiting for me at Wal Mart. I pulled up and there was a Maxima that said "ITS EVIL" on the tags. I thought they were pulling my leg. Then he cranked the car, kinda sounded like a old Subaru wagon or something until he revved. I heard the turbo, and the blow off valve, and was like OK not kidding. So we proceded to race from a 25 MPH roll which isn't good in my car considering I can kick down at 35 and spin the tires to bout 80-90 MPH while rolling. He didn't spin and stayed bout 3/4 of a car behind me until I got traction, then I started pulling away. I looked down at 150 MPH and he was bout 8 cars back, and my cars not slow by no means. I beat him, but it was very impressive. We tried again from 60 cause he said he could beat me at that speed, but i pulled 2-3 cars just running to 85 MPH and I let off the gas "what a difference not spinning makes huh? LOL" He did smoke the 2 GT's though, and says he has a time slip proving it ran a 12.3 at Bristol TN dragway which is even more impressive. Anyone that has ran Bristol knows its a slow track cause its slightly uphill and high altitude, not usually prepped to good or anything. You can go to http://www.fullthrottleforums.com/showthread.php?t=9020, and take a look at the car!!! Can you say sleeper??? He's done alot of work to it.
Old 11-14-2006, 12:18 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by SDB
Yeah, those fucing LS1/LS2 GTO owners, all running high to low 13's bone stock, thinking they can beat a superninja maxima....I would want to get the other side of the story as well....can't be having all that bullshit going on at the allmighty maxima site...

Not only did I not know there was a maxima site, but didn't think anyone would EVER admit to being one one, much less being a moderator of one!

I can't think of hardly anything more queer than a maxima site....I can only imagine the conversations that go on there..."Beat a totally hopped up mail truck in my addition last night" or "got destroyed by nephew's tricycle, how fast are those things???" or "what mods to get into the teens?"...

Do you think they have similar format to this site? You know, instead of "12 second Club, 11 second Club, 10 second Club" etc, they have "19 second Club, 18 second Club, 17 second Club (now your haulin, 17's are sweet), 16 second Club (running 16's or quicker, damn!)...???????????

SDB
LOL..you have some of the funniest posts I've ever read
Old 11-14-2006, 12:24 PM
12 Second Club

I think SDB is taking it a little too far. Have respect for any fast car! World doesn't evolve around vettes and f-bodies... there are other nice looking and fast cars out there...

I actually went to their forum and maxima is supercharged. So, if GTO driver couldn't drive well and that maxima is running low 13's, which is definitely possible, I see how this could have happened.
Old 11-14-2006, 01:41 PM
SDB
10 Second Club

I dont respect ******* karate cars...hate them all....pieces of **** and their owners all suck ****.

period

SDB
Old 11-14-2006, 01:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SDB
I dont respect ******* karate cars...hate them all....pieces of **** and their owners all suck ****.

period

SDB

Thats funny as hell
Old 11-14-2006, 02:36 PM
12 Second Club

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by SDB

period

SDB
Sounds like a personal problem to me...
Old 11-14-2006, 03:01 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by OdessitPashka
I think SDB is taking it a little too far. Have respect for any fast car! World doesn't evolve around vettes and f-bodies... there are other nice looking and fast cars out there...

I actually went to their forum and maxima is supercharged. So, if GTO driver couldn't drive well and that maxima is running low 13's, which is definitely possible, I see how this could have happened.
agree 100%
Old 11-14-2006, 03:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

It's not really that big of a deal. I watch GTO's at the track all the time that are slow as hell... In fact, most of them I see run a high 8, or 9.xx 1/8th mile. That's not impressive by any means, there's a lot of open room to get beat with those kind of times.
Old 11-14-2006, 03:03 PM
uno
On The Tree

Originally Posted by stroked383z
My buddy called me the other night and told me that I had to bring my car out cause he had just got smoked. I said by what, and he told me that I wouldn't believe him if he told me. It turned out to be a 1987 Maxima. It had just smoked his 04 GT Mustang, and my other buddies 92 GT 5.0 Mustang. So I took my car out and found them waiting for me at Wal Mart. I pulled up and there was a Maxima that said "ITS EVIL" on the tags. I thought they were pulling my leg. Then he cranked the car, kinda sounded like a old Subaru wagon or something until he revved. I heard the turbo, and the blow off valve, and was like OK not kidding. So we proceded to race from a 25 MPH roll which isn't good in my car considering I can kick down at 35 and spin the tires to bout 80-90 MPH while rolling. He didn't spin and stayed bout 3/4 of a car behind me until I got traction, then I started pulling away. I looked down at 150 MPH and he was bout 8 cars back, and my cars not slow by no means. I beat him, but it was very impressive. We tried again from 60 cause he said he could beat me at that speed, but i pulled 2-3 cars just running to 85 MPH and I let off the gas "what a difference not spinning makes huh? LOL" He did smoke the 2 GT's though, and says he has a time slip proving it ran a 12.3 at Bristol TN dragway which is even more impressive. Anyone that has ran Bristol knows its a slow track cause its slightly uphill and high altitude, not usually prepped to good or anything. You can go to http://www.fullthrottleforums.com/showthread.php?t=9020, and take a look at the car!!! Can you say sleeper??? He's done alot of work to it.
Wow you're really close to me. I was getting ready to ask if you are in VA. Yeah the car is sweet. He bought it mostly that way though. Has a 3.3 v6 in it iirc. That car is also for sale.
Old 11-14-2006, 03:05 PM
On The Tree

fack, do we really have that bad reputation around here??? i've seen slow ls1/ls2 gto's around as well, but i've also seen slow ls1 fbodies/vettes, 03/04 cobras, does that mean those cars are slow ??
just because is an ls1 doesn't mean is always fast.

Last edited by BlueGoat06; 11-14-2006 at 03:25 PM.
Old 11-14-2006, 03:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SDB

SDB

Old 11-14-2006, 03:59 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SDB

period

SDB
SDB just plain went off on the po mo fo...
I won't mention a Maxima or any rice cars 'round here! ROFLMAO

Search this Thread