Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

raced a evo,gt500,z28rs (both old school) *Long boring stories

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2006, 02:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default raced a evo,gt500,z28rs (both old school) *Long boring stories

Gt500
On a main highway i pulled up to a green and white stripe mustang GT500(67/68?) and gave the gesture nod and rev and when traffic let up he got the jump and pulled around me (took me by surprise) and stayed there a length ahead 3rd gear to me banging 5th at 12X mph And his car was loud as ****! I didn't think he would race ( his car is collectable). I should have hit 2nd... When i pulled up next to him again he put his hands up unfriendly like and said 'what'. I gave thumbs up and pulled behind him.

EvO
First I saw a Celica done up with wing/wheels/guage pods/carbon fiber everything. I pulled up friendly next to him and saw him and his girl and gave the head nod for him to hit it if he wanted to. He ignored me. 5 seconds later im still next to him and and nodded again for him to hit it. He smiled and shook his head no. Then...... his buddy(with girl in car) , i didnt see behind him few cars comes flying up on my ***. Its a EVO somthing. Mods i see were giant intercooler, heard his blow off valve, loud deep exhaust for a zingy zingy car, carbon fiber hood and pins/wheels/wing/heard his turbo too. So its on. He starts to slow down to 50 somthing, he hits it, i hit second, its even till i hear him hit his rev limiter and then the chirp blow off valve. Third gear i start to pull a car length, he starts to wind out what ever gear he is in and bounces off his rev limiter again i hear. I hit 4th and pull a smidge more and the race is over! I slow and get aside him again ( i thought it was close) and he gives me the joking 'bow down with hands in the air'. I laughed and pulled ahead of him and exited a few.

Z28
I pulled up to a awesome black shiney Z28RS 67/68?. Awesome wider crager wheels on it and a bigger hood maybe. I Looked over and the guy slowed down to like 40 somthing on a highway (no one was around) and he gunned it. I hit it also, i went thru 2nd,3rd,4th, then i heard his car shift a gear (weird) and i finaly pulled foot or two ahead by the mid of 5th. Didnt see how fast it was but we were moving. As soon as i pulled a little i gave thumbs up yelling 'yea yea' and his girl was cheering from all the excitement going on. That was a close race.
Old 11-18-2006, 04:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

with your mods i would of assumed you'd walk all these cars easily. well i guess thats why you run 'em. good kills.
Old 11-18-2006, 04:40 PM
TECH Resident

Wow!!! Sounds like you found some nice runs. Both the old muscles sound like they must have been pretty bad ***. I loves those old school GT500s! Those things were unbeleviable for the standard back then, and would still hold there own today. But I have to think that the Mustang must have some mods to run the way it did against you with the mods in your sig. It may have been a replica, because I can't imagine someone taking a car like that out of stock form, let alone streetracing it!

Anywho...Good races!
Old 11-19-2006, 07:11 AM
TECH Apprentice

Yea racing the 'old' muscle was awesome. It was hard to tell if the gt500 was a legit 428 car or not, but man, did it sound mean! And it took off like a bat out of hell that i could not catch up to.