Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

HA, Im an asshole

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2006, 02:55 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default HA, Im an *******

so the other day i went on a road trip to go shopping and on my way back i ran into this 5.0 cobra, not the fox body. he sounded real nice (what mustang doesnt), and actually looked like it could kinda move. i followed him for a good 20 min at about 90mph then he gets in the right lane on the highway. he slows it down to legal speeds and i get next to him. i hear him get down to probably 3rd at 70mph, could have been 4th (i dont know if he had gears or not). he just wants it real bad, jumping and stuff, but i dont really feel like winding up my car too much because im about 200 miles from home, but im always down for a good race. so i have one of my passengers throw out the 5, i hear him upshift and i put about 2 cars on him by 100 then i stopped. my car is basically stock, lid and exhaust. and i had about 600lbs of passenger weight. i figured that was a good way to see who has more without putting my engine in danger.
Old 12-01-2006, 03:56 AM
TECH Resident

good kill...but how are u bein an ******* ...thats just highway racin
Old 12-01-2006, 07:34 AM
mcG
TECH Resident

what do you drive?
Old 12-01-2006, 12:24 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by SStheBest
good kill...but how are u bein an ******* ...thats just highway racin
ditto, seems like a clean race, now if you left out you were swerving in and out of traffic and being really reckless. Well then, thats a different storry, Nice kill, its always fun to win a race with your buddies in the car....
Old 12-01-2006, 06:29 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by mcG
what do you drive?
1999 z28
Originally Posted by Phil8616
ditto, seems like a clean race, now if you left out you were swerving in and out of traffic and being really reckless. Well then, thats a different storry, Nice kill, its always fun to win a race with your buddies in the car....
no it was just open highway, and the guys were lovin it.

i guess i dont really know the racers etiquette here. he was sitting there for a long time with his revvs up and i kept just barely nudging the throttle then he would lurch forward, it took some time to let him know i wanted a 5th gear race. should i have down shifted to give him a more exciting race. the guy seemed to have a real nice cobra, worthy of a good race. i just diddnt really feel like going nuts. IDK i probably started a real open ended thread.
on a side note though i love leaving my car in 4th when a POS honda pulls up next to me at around 40mph or so. some BPU integras ill only leave a car or two on, but its just fun to hear them really revv that crap up and then throw out the 4 on them as i pull off. a few of them have followed me to sonic or wherever and ask me if i was really in 4th. classic. the old ricer anomaly got to love it.
Old 12-01-2006, 09:50 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by blertawho
1999 z28

no it was just open highway, and the guys were lovin it.

i guess i dont really know the racers etiquette here. he was sitting there for a long time with his revvs up and i kept just barely nudging the throttle then he would lurch forward, it took some time to let him know i wanted a 5th gear race. should i have down shifted to give him a more exciting race. the guy seemed to have a real nice cobra, worthy of a good race. i just diddnt really feel like going nuts. IDK i probably started a real open ended thread.
on a side note though i love leaving my car in 4th when a POS honda pulls up next to me at around 40mph or so. some BPU integras ill only leave a car or two on, but its just fun to hear them really revv that crap up and then throw out the 4 on them as i pull off. a few of them have followed me to sonic or wherever and ask me if i was really in 4th. classic. the old ricer anomaly got to love it.
(throwout the 4)F**kin awesome