Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

New roush mustang VS LS1, not to pretty!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2006, 03:41 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default New roush mustang VS LS1, not to pretty!!

Well tonite i finally got my car back from the tranny being rebuilt along with the 3500 stall that was put in it amd WOW what a difference that made. So later on me and my buddies met up at our usual place for sat. nights. So after we all met up we went to the street races to see if anything was going on. I get there and a guy prob maybe 16 years old pulls up in this new roush mustang light silver w/ black racing stripes looked really good, and he was also with his G/F . Well i go up to him and ask if he wants to run and he's like well i cant get any traction so i said well ill set you out a car so he agrees to the race im like hell ya. Well i heat up my BFG's and get ready i stall it up to bout 2300 rpm and then punched it the car just jumped sideways and as i approached the top of 1st gear i had already passed him LOL and ran it out to bout top of 2nd with i dunno how many cars on him. Well he says he spun real bad and that he want to run again so im like aight im going to set you 5 cars this time LOL. So i stalled it up again to bout 2300rpm and left a lil easier this time maybe 1/2 throttle and did a totally better launch then i punched it and that converter hit SOOO hard i just starting pulling really really fast bout mid 2nd gear i was at his door just hopping on and off the throttle LOL then gassed it again and pulled tad more.. When i got back everyone was like " I heard you spray it" I told them i had the bottle but it was empty (which it really is). But overall i guess good night, i had some fun with the new torque converter. lemme know what ya'll think.
Old 12-03-2006, 03:50 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is funny......what are guys having out there your own "PINKS"

oh yeah.....nice kill
Old 12-03-2006, 09:29 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what kind of converter did you have installed if you know by any chance?? im looking to get rid of my stocker but im F/I and havent really figured out what to get yet. 3500 is what most people say to get.
Old 12-03-2006, 12:15 PM
TECH Veteran

i bought it from an un sponsor so ill pm it to ya..
Old 12-03-2006, 01:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Just a tad bit of an unfair race. No? Was the guy talking trash?

Nice kill. LOL on the 5 lengths.
Old 12-03-2006, 03:04 PM
TECH Veteran

no he didn't talk any trash i was just wanting to race somebody. My dad in his mach 1 raced him from a dig also but my dad said the roush took him by a length so i was like alright ill run him then. I just left him pretty bad it was ugly..
Old 12-03-2006, 03:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by bjamick
no he didn't talk any trash i was just wanting to race somebody. My dad in his mach 1 raced him from a dig also but my dad said the roush took him by a length so i was like alright ill run him then. I just left him pretty bad it was ugly..

Your dad lost to a new roush in his mach 1??? Are you serious? I think you need to give your dad some pointers on driving.
Old 12-03-2006, 03:19 PM
TECH Veteran

Well he left with traction control off which didnt help traction and he said he couldn't pull on the roush any just stayed the same. So roush got him off the launch and just held it out til prob mid 3rd gear. Well my dad just got the car this wed. and its completely stock down to the tires.
Old 12-03-2006, 03:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Well he left with traction control off which didnt help traction and he said he couldn't pull on the roush any just stayed the same. So roush got him off the launch and just held it out til prob mid 3rd gear. Well my dad just got the car this wed. and its completely stock down to the tires.
That's why...he just needs some seat time.

Just remember:

Roush STG1 - base GT with body kit
Roush STG2 - Base GT with body kit and suspension mods
.........STG3 - S/C'd ~400 FWHP
.........427R - stg3 with some add ons to make 427 HP.

A stock mach should take out a stg1 or stg 2 roush. Not only are teh BASE gt's a couple of tenths slower than a mach (being generous there), the roushes are heavier than a base GT with NO addition power add-ons.

BTW - he wants to have the T/C OFF. He will be hell until he gets used to launching and shifting...but he should turn it off. ONE false move, and he has no power at the rear wheels.

BTW - IMO, his first change to that car should be to get rid of the stock crapbacks. PM me if you have any questions.
Old 12-03-2006, 03:30 PM
Launching!

Sweet kill.
Old 12-03-2006, 03:48 PM
TECH Resident

Nice Kill!! at 5 cars!
Old 12-03-2006, 05:57 PM
TECH Veteran

ya i wasn't expecting me to beat him with the 5 cars but it was nothing LOL
Old 12-03-2006, 06:11 PM
Banned

Is your Dad's Mach 1 an automatic?? If so, that would explain why he lost. Stock Ford automatics suck terribly, they have low stalls, tall gears, and sap up a ton of power from the motor.
Old 12-03-2006, 06:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Talking

Well tonite i finally got my car back from the tranny being rebuilt along with the 3500 stall that was put in it amd WOW what a difference that made. So later on me and my buddies met up at our usual place for sat. nights. So after we all met up we went to the street races to see if anything was going on. I get there and a guy prob maybe 16 years old pulls up in this new roush mustang light silver w/ black racing stripes looked really good, and he was also with his G/F . Well i go up to him and ask if he wants to run and he's like well i cant get any traction so i said well ill set you out a car so he agrees to the race im like hell ya. Well i heat up my BFG's and get ready i stall it up to bout 2300 rpm and then punched it the car just jumped sideways and as i approached the top of 1st gear i had already passed him LOL and ran it out to bout top of 2nd with i dunno how many cars on him. Well he says he spun real bad and that he want to run again so im like aight im going to set you 5 cars this time LOL. So i stalled it up again to bout 2300rpm and left a lil easier this time maybe 1/2 throttle and did a totally better launch then i punched it and that converter hit SOOO hard i just starting pulling really really fast bout mid 2nd gear i was at his door just hopping on and off the throttle LOL then gassed it again and pulled tad more.. When i got back everyone was like " I heard you spray it" I told them i had the bottle but it was empty (which it really is). But overall i guess good night, i had some fun with the new torque converter. lemme know what ya'll think.
still rather have a ROUSH MUSTANG ..... [good cars.]
Old 12-03-2006, 08:29 PM
Staging Lane

Did you spray, and what stage. If it's a stage1. I would hope so. And you don't race form a dig with the TCS on it will just bog.
Old 12-03-2006, 08:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by NHRAMAN
still rather have a ROUSH MUSTANG ..... [good cars.]
So you would rather have a GT? (see my post above)
Old 12-03-2006, 10:18 PM
TECH Veteran

My dads car is a M5 and he just spun without TC on road was really cold. And i did not spray bc i accidentally left my bottle for like couple weeks and it all just seeped out i guess so now its empty and i only made like 4 lil passes on that bottle.
Old 12-03-2006, 11:35 PM
Teching In

I love the young guys that bring daddy's car out.
Old 12-04-2006, 12:37 AM
On The Tree

i had a young kid in high school with a roush say he was gonna walk me all over town, and when we finally got to race i pulled probably 8-10 cars on him by 130 it was rediculous, needless to say i havent heard from the kid in a while
Old 12-04-2006, 01:03 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=bjamick]bout mid 2nd gear i was at his door just hopping on and off the throttle LOL then gassed it again and pulled tad more.. QUOTE]

Way to hop it on his ***!!!haha