Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

me vs New Evo

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2006, 04:35 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default me vs New Evo

My friend and I decided to go up to Temecula. While cruising the 15N, we came across one of the new EVO's. The owner had removed anything he could to make it look like a base model Lancer. It's kind of how I did it with my Z28, removed all badging and made the exhaust look like a 6 cylinder. First race was playing catch up with the guy, he didn't even give me a chance to get ready before he zoomed ahead. Those things are pretty quick from a high roll. So as we line up on the freeway we drop our speeds to 55 mph and give it three honks. We stayed by each others side for a second or two and then I started pulling hard. By the time I shut it down at 120, I had put about 7 car lengths on him. So we try again. Same results but this time my car found the sweet spot and the pull on him was a little better, maybe 9 to 10 cars by 135. We raced one more time and same results. This was done on all motor.

So after the race the guy rolls down his window and my friend does the same. The guy says that he has four people in his car and he wasn't at his full potential. So my friend tells him to look in the back seat of my car...

The kicker was that I had my car fully loaded with my houseware...at least 400 pounds worth...I was in the process of moving and **** was stacked to the roof...

He didn't have much to say after that...
Old 12-24-2006, 10:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

haha nice kill. it's always fun to leave the other guy speechless. keep up the good work!
Old 12-24-2006, 10:44 AM
TECH Regular

nice
I raced one of those EVOS when my car was stock ..and I kicked his
Old 12-24-2006, 11:20 AM
Teching In

good kill, i too have feasted on EVO. always the same with them, even for a second, then a hard pull.