Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

best street racing day of my life

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2006, 05:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default best street racing day of my life

well today started out like anyother christmas eve day but ended unlike anyother... i had tons of last minute christmas shopping to do so i head out to meet a couple friends that were at wal-mart...

im cruising down port charlottes nicest road (veterans hwy) and happen to notice a black shelby gt 350.. so i do like any other f-body owner would do and i catch up to it... there was moderate traffic so we cruise about 60mph and get past the traffic and catch the cochran/veterans light perfect.. it turns green and we take off.. we go to about 80 (with me a few lenghts ahead) and he slams on his breaks and turns into wal-mart (i passed the entrance since we were racing)... so i turn at the next light and pull into the walmart parking lot and park... i meet with my friends and tell them of my victory and how now i wanted to race a gt 500.... we leave walmart and go to sears.. then target.. then circuit city (i bought aout 100lbs worth of **** (tools, highchair ect...)

and as im leaving circuit city a maroon porsche carerra is pulling out to (ive raced a few carerra's and won so i wanst to worried).. so we both turn out and he gets on it a bit so now i know he is interested :-) so we get to the sr776 and us41 intersection and he is infront of me (we are behind a few cars) so we go through the light and cruise catching the torledo blade/sr776 light.. we go and i pretty easily take him and so we slow down and give each other the thumbs up and i do a u-turn (since im heading the total opposite direction of where im going)..

i end up going back down veterans towards my house and i see what i thought was a silver shelby gt-500 go buy and rev his engine so i do a u turn and catch up to him.. we turn down us41 and head down a bit and he waves me to follow him and we do a u-turn.. we are side by side and at 35 we stomp it.. i take him by a car and a half before i let off (he couldnt drive stick to great) and he gets next to me and tells me to pull over.. so i turn down enterpise dr. and he turns towards treasure lanes so i hurry up and turn around and he pulls in behind thunder roads inbetween that and musclecar showroom... we get out and he asks what i have done so i tell him full boltons and he thought i meant a supercharger as well so i tell him no... i get to looking at his car and it has no badgings at all.. i ask him what it is and he says a mustang tribute s/c production number #1.. i have never heard of this car so that made me even happier not to mention its rarety..

turns out his dad owns thunder roads and the musclecar showroom so they have tons of nice expensive cars.. so he challenges me in his charger srt8 so i ofcouse except and we go directly across the street (dont know the name of the road but starts with an "s" i believe) and we go from a 40 roll since he claims he gets no trac... and i take him by 2 cars... we pull over exchange numbers and handshakes.... and i finally head home...

so that was the best day in my street racing history.. i beat 4 badass cars that most people think that an f-body would have no chance against.. and i meet 2 new musclecar enthuiest's (sp?)... i can get pics of that srt8 and mustang tribute s/c pretty easily now that i have the kids #.. and hopefully we will race again and i will have a video camera... as for the carerra there are tons of them so no biggie (f-body's own those things all the time) and im sure i will talk to the guy with the shelby gt 350 since i pass him almost evreyday leaving work... ohh i cant wait till i do more stuff to the car..

ohh and i posted a few months ago about the guy across the street with his vortech supercharged 02 vette and me being a little jelouse.. well he took it off so now it looks like i am once again the fastest car on my block.. but there are still a few cars in charlotte county that would pwn me nasty.. so the mods will have to continue since i will never be fully satisfied

Last edited by presto_z; 12-25-2006 at 12:09 PM.
Old 12-24-2006, 07:15 PM
Teching In

nice!
Old 12-24-2006, 07:54 PM
On The Tree

challenger srt8?

Last edited by AcE XBOX; 12-24-2006 at 10:14 PM.
Old 12-24-2006, 08:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

damn good night for you!!!!
Old 12-24-2006, 08:15 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice kills!! I just posted a kill about a gt 350 today. Took him easily.
Old 12-24-2006, 10:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

sorry i meant charger srt8.. oops.. i do want a challenger though.. they are so badass looking...
Old 12-25-2006, 12:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

hey i was on google looking up this tribute s/c and i found the exact one... here is the link http://www.barrett-jackson.com/aucti....asp?id=185077

#1 of only 50

ill see if i can get pics of it and my car together sometime this week...
Old 12-25-2006, 02:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BayAreaSS
Nice kills!! I just posted a kill about a gt 350 today. Took him easily.

You were right the first time, Ace misread

good kills
Old 12-26-2006, 07:36 AM
Staging Lane

Good kills. That is one awesome Mustang. you know that will be worth some money in the future.
Old 12-28-2006, 02:56 AM
Launching!

good kills and that is one mean looking mustang!
Old 12-29-2006, 12:27 AM
Banned

A GT500 would eat ya though, that "Tribute" only has 435hp, lacking about 65 hp and you only got him by a car and a half.
Old 12-29-2006, 12:48 AM
Teching In

Dude that awesome, i don't run into any of that out here. sweet cars too!
Old 12-29-2006, 03:27 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ICEMAN 31
You were right the first time, Ace misread

good kills
I misread?