Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

why are there so many cops

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2006, 11:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default why are there so many cops

well tonight i was just cruisin around with 2 passengers in my car we were bored as **** and looking for a race... so i drive and drive then drive some more.. nothing..

so i decide to go on a little cruise... i drive down 41 into northport and see a new viper going the other way so i turn around and try to catch up to him and i see flashing lights ahead so i slowdown and he was pulled over..so i decide N.P. isnt the best place to look for a race so i head towards sarasota...

i end up catching a light next to a 03/04 cobra listening to slipknot, so he rolls down the window and said "the boys will getya out here" so we didnt go... we catch 2 more lights and we still didnt go.. he said he ran 12.1 (his lisence plate was badass.. F8L BIT3).. so we both get onto I-75.. he stomps it and i get on it a bit to 110 then let off since i have passengers.. but they tell me to stompit so i do... so we go and go and go topping out the speedo and pulling from the cobra... we then getoff the interstate... i head back towards home...

then i runup on a pontiac solstice (i think no biggie) he then rolls down his window and says lets go for 100bucks.. i think to myself ok..so i tell him let me drop my passengers off (about400lbs) he says he will still kill me and he has 350hp and is brags about him being a lawyer.. so we cruise and there are tons of cops out so he backs out....

then a white evo pulls up and starts to talk about how i havnt seen fast yet.. we then catch a light but there are tons of cops out so we just shoot the ****... he had an EVO RS and he said he pulls 0-60 in 3.9 (i think its a load of BS but he was late 30's to early 40's so he prolly has cash)

so for the night i had 3 good possible races (4 if u count the viper) but didnt get to run any of them...

man i need more mods...
Old 12-30-2006, 12:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Good "visualized" kills.
Old 12-30-2006, 01:05 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good "visualized" kills.
Classic...

Jim
Old 12-30-2006, 03:31 AM
On The Tree

i almost got slammed the other day. i ran into a 454ss truck in traffic. we were rolling and he wanted to go, as did i. i put my car in 2nd with my cutout open. we just kept revving and slowing down popping the gas everyonce and a while, but then we hit a traffic light. i started to revv and looked in my rear view...there was a cop directly behind us.

i wish i could run into those kinds of cars that easily
Old 12-30-2006, 01:05 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Me and my friends were just talking about this last nite. They are everywhere. On thursday i'm rolling with my friend in his 04 mystic chrome cobra and a ls1 z28 flys by us and then slows down to wait for us. So we run him twice and absolutely killed him and on the second run we flew right by a cop. We almost shitted ourselves but luckily the cop was on the phone not paying attention.
Old 12-30-2006, 01:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 2000 SILVERADO
Good "visualized" kills.

i think those would be visualized deaths....

everybody knows a full bolton cobra pwns full bolton ls1's....

evo rs stock i could take but if this guy really did 0-60 in under 4 then i would have no chance...

and if the solstice had 350 to the rear i would again get pwned... 350 rwhp in a car the size of a miata...

and the viper (well)

its amayzing how in the past month ive ran across some crazy cars... but i think im done "looking" for street races, especialy with the ammount of cops in this area...

i also need a V1 or a beltronics of some sort of good radar detector....

they need to come out with one that works with onboard navigation... that would be sick....

i cant wait till my incometax check comes in
Old 12-30-2006, 01:59 PM
12 Second Club

Location: Chitown-Jax NC-Jax FL-Honolulu-OKC, OK-NOW New Orleans Area

income tax yeah.. Cant wait either I need LCAs to get ride of this crazy wheel hop I have.
Old 12-30-2006, 02:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I've had my problems trying to race as well, only it's not cops it's taffic.
Old 12-30-2006, 02:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

got pulled last night for supposedly "street racing", cop was bullshitting, let us go after 30mns with no tickets.
Old 12-30-2006, 03:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 2000 SILVERADO
I've had my problems trying to race as well, only it's not cops it's taffic.

traffic is even worse then cops...

if there are cops out i may take a chance if presented with one.. but i dont **** around in traffic..
Old 12-30-2006, 05:50 PM
Teching In

I have the same problem, $1300 in tickets and cops following me around like f-ing crooks for my money. It's ended my street racing career.
Old 12-31-2006, 11:41 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

why are there so many cops?

let's think about that one for a second, then think again about what time of year it is...oh yeah! X-Mas & New Year's holidays!

they will start to subside some here in about a week or so....
Old 01-01-2007, 06:24 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by presto_z
why are there so many cops
Originally Posted by presto_z
i was just cruisin around with 2 passengers in my car we were bored as **** and looking for a race
You answered your own question.
Old 01-01-2007, 11:34 AM
TECH Regular

It's Florida and the winter months. Q-tip's driving all over the place from all the northern states, and the ones that live here have one foot in the grave. I'd say your chances of having some ****-it-I'm-dead-soon-anyway attitude 80 year old pulling out blind into a major street has you more at risk than anything else in these parts..

Just stay out of the right lanes ;)