Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Raced another z28 on the way to work, win?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2007, 09:07 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Raced another z28 on the way to work, win?

So im leaving my gf's this morning and as im backing out a red z28 that ive seen a couple of times in the neighborhood but never have gotten to race goes by. So were turning onto a road with a nice long straightaway with him in front of me. He was in front of me so i quick pulled out onto the road with my car essentially sideways since hes already punching it and ive got to catch up. I was about 3 car lengths back. Through first he kept this distance, i hit second and closed the gap slightly. Then i hit third and quickly caught up to him and wouldve passed but there was a car in the other lane so i just let off instead.

So im counting this as a win. I was surprised to see how quick i started catching him when i hit 3rd. A nice little race to start the day off right. Hopefully i'll see him again and we can go at it again without the minivan in the left lane
Old 01-09-2007, 09:31 AM
Teching In

Sounds close enough to call a win in my book. I had the same thing happen to me against a Mustang, I nearly drove into his trunk. After the guy pulled over and said "Nice run, you had me." so I counted it.
Old 01-09-2007, 09:51 AM
TECH Apprentice

I wouldn't call anything a "win" unless we actually raced side by side. You never know the guy may have more than you think. Wait till y'all really race before you claim a kill, he could have been toying with you. I had a guy think he could outrun my car because I got on it leaving a gas station and he was right behind me giving it all he had. He ran his mouth saying he could beat me, but when we went from a 40 roll, I dusted him by about 4 lengths. The car was supercharged 92 GT foxbody.
Old 01-09-2007, 10:28 AM
TECH Addict

This guy and i have toyed around a couple of times before so he was definately on the throttle, and he kept going after i let off, so its not like he shut down and thats why i came up on him quickly. So im gonna still say its a win, hopefully next time i will have my ls6 intake so i can actually breath up top. some sticky tires would be nice too, lol
Old 01-09-2007, 10:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

So what year camaro did he have?
Old 01-09-2007, 10:52 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Ericbigmac83
This guy and i have toyed around a couple of times before so he was definately on the throttle, and he kept going after i let off, so its not like he shut down and thats why i came up on him quickly. So im gonna still say its a win, hopefully next time i will have my ls6 intake so i can actually breath up top. some sticky tires would be nice too, lol
Its your call I guess, but IMO I wouldn't go around telling people until you actually race him i.e. dig, roll, whatever. I personally cant stand those chase race bullshit things, my buddy always does that **** in his SRT4 and it pisses me off. All you have to do is find him again and make it official
peace
Old 01-09-2007, 12:51 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Hot94Z28
So what year camaro did he have?
He had an ls1, dont know exactly what year, i didnt pay close enough attention

And im not bragging or going around telling people, just had a fun lil race and wanted to post it up
Old 01-09-2007, 01:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Not saying your bragging dude, but you put a ? in your thread title and I was giving you my opinion. If you want to count it as win, then by all means go for it.
Old 01-09-2007, 01:24 PM
Launching!

Yep. Not one to brag about because it wasn't a heads up race, but consider it strong feedback that your car has more than his. Good to stretch the legs once in awhile, regardless.

Although you might not chalk it up as a win, races like that can be the funnest - because if the guy is cocky and thinks his car is the king ****, there's not much more humiliating than when HE starts off if front, and you just reeling him without much trouble. Kind of fun.
Old 01-10-2007, 11:42 PM
TECH Resident

odd very odd.