Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

1960 step side vs 1969 fleet side

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 05:02 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 1960 step side vs 1969 fleet side

Well back when I lived with the parents still, before I was 16 I had bought an old 1960 step side chevy for 500 bucks. It ran. It actually had an old 235 straight six with 12x,xxx on it. Well I ended up rebuilding a 327, It had an aggresive cam and itake with Edlebrock heads, Hedman headers, and true duals out in font of the rear tire. that was pretty stout. I did alot of work to the whole truck, new and updated suspension, gears, and a turbo 350 with a 3000 stall and a shift kit. I had the truck pretty much done, except for the paint job. The damn thing was Canary yellow, and How I hated that color. It was the uglyist truck at school, and I am not joking, I got harrased all the time, Well over the summer I finally had the motor done, and put it in the vehicle, only my buddy's knew about it.
Well when we finally got back into school, my truck still looked the same, but it ran 100% better. This kid in my auto class started to joke and poke on me. So we had finally decided that it was time to shut his trap once and for all.

The truck he had was a really sweet ride, His dad had built it from the frame up, totally redone. Had a healthy 350 in it with a turbo 350 tranny. Other than a few minor mods like intake headers and a baby cam, the truck was pretty much stock. It ran good none the less.

Well we finally get out of class at the end of the day, and by that time the whole school new what was happening, and we had a time and place picked out for the race. Well when me and my buddy got there We were surprised to see about half the damn high school there. Well we line up and start to warm up the tires and I purposely kinda dogged it to make it look like it was nothing special. We finally line up and he says, Ready to get my *** stomped by a real chevy, and all the kids that were in hearing distance started to laugh at me. That was fine, cause I knew I would take him, I just bit the bullet and went along with it.

Well the girl dropped her arms and we take off. I automatically took a car in a half lead on him, and as I hit 60 I was about three cars a head. I decided to let off the throttle some and as he came up to my door I nailed it again and started to take off again. Well I ended up killing him by a full truck length.

It was priceless to see the look on his face as he was so imbarrased that my jolopy kicked his *** that bad.

Lane
Old 01-11-2007, 05:09 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats freakin awesome. Go jalopy! I can relate