Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

2000 WS6 vs. 99 Steeda

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2007, 03:28 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 WS6 vs. 99 Steeda

I just bought a 2000 M6 NBM WS6 Trans Am completely stock. I'm not a good driver at all but I raced my buddy with a 99 Steeda GT Mustang Full Patriot Head/Cam set up, LT headers, Ractive exhaust, intake, Saleen underdrive pulleys, and more... Thought I was gonna get my *** kicked but we raced 3 times and I won the 25 roll, 35 roll, and I spun them through 1st and 2nd on out dig launch so we just stopped. Anyways that's it, had the car for a week and a half and some dumbass hit me so I'm waiting to get the car back the whole left side had to be repainted and both right wheels refinished, sucks...
Old 01-16-2007, 03:45 PM
***Repost Police***

If he really had a good ported head/cams combo, he would have just as much power as you, if not more... And I don't think Ractive makes exhaust for Mustangs. But anyway, good kill, and tell him to practice some more
Old 01-16-2007, 05:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ahhh steeda the poor mans saleen
Old 01-16-2007, 05:11 PM
Banned

Thats pretty sad on the mustangs part......
Old 01-16-2007, 05:21 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by KillStories
Thats pretty sad on the mustang driver's part......
Fixed it for you
Old 01-16-2007, 05:24 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
If he really had a good ported head/cams combo, he would have just as much power as you, if not more... And I don't think Ractive makes exhaust for Mustangs. But anyway, good kill, and tell him to practice some more

He did, the car dynoed around 300-320 rwhp it was really close, probabaly 2-3 car lengths by the end, never said I killed him.. but hey cool coulda just said good job...

Thanks for the congrats...? Wow not such a friendly forum...
Old 01-16-2007, 05:26 PM
Banned

Mustangs are fast compared to imports but to an LS1, unless the mustang is a cobra, your most likely going to lose.
Old 01-16-2007, 06:01 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by El Ex
He did, the car dynoed around 300-320 rwhp it was really close, probabaly 2-3 car lengths by the end, never said I killed him.. but hey cool coulda just said good job...

Thanks for the congrats...? Wow not such a friendly forum...
I said good kill... just saying that I think with more practice, it'll be a MUCH closer race than that. Nothing to knock you or anything . And Killstories, a 5spd Mach 1 is a pretty much a driver's race with an F-body
Old 01-16-2007, 06:09 PM
Banned

And Killstories, a 5spd Mach 1 is a pretty much a driver's race with an F-body
A Mach 1 will do a hell of a lot better than a normal mustang, but a LS1 fbody will still destroy it stock for stock.....for less money to.....and better looks.
Old 01-16-2007, 06:48 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice kill. The stock power of an LS1 is very good.
Old 01-16-2007, 07:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by KillStories
A Mach 1 will do a hell of a lot better than a normal mustang, but a LS1 fbody will still destroy it stock for stock.....for less money to.....and better looks.
They're way more capable than you think. It is a driver's race stock for stock, period. There used to be a video on here of a stock internal Mach 1 running low 12s; the guy's name was BONESTOCK or something.
Old 01-16-2007, 07:59 PM
Staging Lane

I said good kill... just saying that I think with more practice, it'll be a MUCH closer race than that. Nothing to knock you or anything . And Killstories, a 5spd Mach 1 is a pretty much a driver's race with an F-body

I know I was just messing with you. I had riden in an LS1 Trans Am like the one I just got ONCE before I bought mine (where the guy actually got on it) I never knew how ridiculous they were. I have had so much fun already. I will get up pictures of this Mustang, I was just excited because I thought this thing would kill me, it's IMO the CLEANEST mustang I have seen of this body style. And it's SOOO loud (in a clean way) I just love his car all around. But in terms of driving, we were without a doubt evenly matched, I missed 3rd from each roll (finally catching it) but it was a good race here are some pics...
My friends Mustang...

My WS6 before I got hit...
Old 01-16-2007, 09:43 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by Iron Sights
They're way more capable than you think. It is a driver's race stock for stock, period. There used to be a video on here of a stock internal Mach 1 running low 12s; the guy's name was BONESTOCK or something.
That Killstories guy is nothing but a trolling moron. He does nothing but bash.

Edit: And to OP, nice Mustang, and nice Trans Am... I wanted a WS6 before I got my '01 GT.
Old 01-16-2007, 10:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

That Killstories guy is nothing but a trolling moron. He does nothing but bash.

Edit: And to OP, nice Mustang, and nice Trans Am... I wanted a WS6 before I got my '01 GT.
and just about every time I see a post that you made its trying to find an excuse that a mustang got beat by an F-body. I'm not bashing, just mearly stating the facts.
Old 01-16-2007, 11:04 PM
***Repost Police***

You say "making an excuse" because you probably have a bias. I don't have any bias whatsoever, because I've owned just about everything, and can appreciate many different types of cars. If somebody beats somebody worse than they should, I tell them. If a race goes how it would with equal drivers, then I never have anything to say. Like when people say that an LS1 would "destroy" a Mach 1. That's not true, so of course I'm going to counter that claim.
Old 01-16-2007, 11:21 PM
Staging Lane

Well thanks for the compliments on my TA I will pass the ones for the stang onto my friend. Anyways it was a fun race and I can't wait to get the car back and start modding!
Old 01-16-2007, 11:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I agree with the last sentence you posted there. But you defend GT's an awful lot and try to justify a reason for the loss when the simple fact is that they are much weaker than any LS1 and will be killed with full bolt'ons and a poor driver in the LS1 equipped vehicle.
Old 01-16-2007, 11:39 PM
***Repost Police***

Full bolt-on GT can run mid 13s with the right driver... I see quite a few LS1s at the track running 14s. They SHOULD be faster, but with bolt-ons, a 99-04 GT has a fighting chance from a stop, till about 70-80mph. And if the GT has 3.73s or 4.10s, it becomes even closer. I don't solely try to "defend Mustangs," I just try to correct misinformation. It just happens that alot of the threads here involve Mustangs, lol.
Old 01-17-2007, 12:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Awesome kill for the thread starter. I've been wanting to run into a cammed or H/C 99-04 GT too.

But I'm siding with Irunelevens overall.

A (well built) H/C 99 GT with good tires and a stall if auto should easily beat a stock LS1. A manual Mach 1 should run dead heat with any stock LS1 F-body, although the automatic Mach 1s sucked. And a full-bolt on GT with good tires and gears and possibly stall, can put down about 270rwhp and with traction, from a dig should hang with a stock LS1. A full bolt-on GT will lose it's edge to an LS1 F-body from a roll to very high speeds (especially with stock gears), I've beaten one very badly from 50-130.

For the most part this forum is biased toward GM (suprise!), and I can see that Irunelevens is posting unbiased and respectful numbers, as most Mustang owners on this site tend to.
Old 01-17-2007, 01:02 AM
***Repost Police***

Thank you