Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

(one bad day)PLEASE HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2007, 09:39 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question (one bad day)PLEASE HELP!!

Alright it finally happened, I might really be busted for street racing. Or will I?

Today im going back to work from lunch and i see a 5.0 getting on my ***. I had to turn left and he followed me into the protected lane. After i turned i quickly passed the few cars in front of us and pulled into the open lane just to see if hed pull up beside me. Sure enough he did, I goosed it, he returned, and we again began to come up on traffic. Made another turn onto a more deserted road and had a little run, then came to a stoplight intersection w/an overpass. By this time both of us have adrenaline running and are in full race mode so we completely miss the state trooper lurking in the busy truckstop parking lot across from the light. Light turns green and we both take off. Keep in mind i was in the A4 TA and shifting manually. I was about to make the 1,2 shift and i saw him (the cop) fishtail behind us in my rearview and turn his lights on. I **** a pile so high i nearly broke through the t-top glass and pegged the limiter for a sec forgetting to shift. Seriously though, i pulled over immideately like a good citizen. The 5.0 went under the over pass and tried to turn onto the on ramp on the far side so the cop swerved from behind me and took off for the stang. The millisecond that ******* view was obstructed, i realized that i was stopped on the nearside on ramp so... well guys... i said **** it and bolted. I flew to the nearest residential hood and parked in a hidden trailer park to collect myself and call someone to come get me, cause there wasent a chance in hell id let my baby get impunded. I call my supervisor and explain the situation and he managed to get me back. All is well right? WRONG. I get out and about in the work truck and after about an hour get a call from another mechanic, "So are you trying to race my son ************!". I said wow dude, it was just another 5.0 to me, sorry if that was your kid. He yells "Well hes in jail now so thanks a ****** lot!", and hung up. Apparently this is the kids (hes 18) 3rd offense, so he prolly gonna get it sideways. And being 18 you bet dads gonna have to $ up for it, so i can understand that hed be heated. And you bet the kid would paint the picture so that his dad would think i enticed him for what little bit of sympathy it may bring. " I tried to turn off but he kept chasing me and flipping me off, dad i promise!". Anyway, later in the day two state troopers left their cards at the front desk of my work saying i could call later in the day or Thurs. and that the kid narked on me. I figure that if they had enough to arrest me they would have just waited for me to get back. So shall i do as planned and deny all involvement until they show me they can prove it, on the grounds that there are hundreds of blue TA's and only a kid and dad (who wasnt there) know it was me. Sorry for the ****** novel but i really need all the advice i can get. Im all about honesty but were talkin serious **** here, so if a little silence can save me a whole lot of pain and money, i feel this may be one of those moments you just have to tell your morals to shut the hell up, what do you think?
Old 01-22-2007, 09:45 PM
Staging Lane

The only problem you'll have is you already admitted it was you to the dad. That and they may have gotten your plate #.
Old 01-22-2007, 09:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

The fact that the other kid ran is his own fault. I'm surprised the cop didn't get your license plate, either way I wouldn't say anything. If there going to give you a ticket then they'll do it. I wouldn't tell them anything your only going to further incriminate yourself and oh yeah if they give you a ticket, go to court and contest it with a lawyer.

P.S. make sure they don't find this thread..
Old 01-22-2007, 09:54 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dude, i've went 8 years now without a single ticket. all with cars ranging from 14second cherry bombers to low 11 second, 3 inch piped, street cars. and me with a bad appetite for competition the only thing that has saved my *** is brutal honesty. tell them you just couldn't resist the urge and that you fucked up. they were all young once too. so they can relate. just lay it all on the table. you may be surprised.

and believe me, they always know the truth. even when they don't.

and the judge ALWAYS believes them.
Old 01-22-2007, 09:57 PM
Launching!

Unless he had a good camera i cant imagine that he got my plates from the frantic 2 or 3 seconds he was behind me. Unless they show me undisputable evidence, the plan is denial.
Old 01-22-2007, 10:00 PM
Launching!

Brutal honesty once resistance is feutal maybe?
Old 01-22-2007, 10:03 PM
Launching!

1.) That guy's dad is a tool for blaming you for his kid's actions especially if its his 3rd offensive. Its time for Junior to take responsibility for his actions now that he is an adult.
2.) You need to talk to a Lawyer. Probably not a good idea to get legal advice from the internet unless its from a lawyer familar with the laws in your state.
Old 01-22-2007, 10:31 PM
11 Second Club

they obv. didnt get your plate number cause they would have been to your house that day or the following morning
Old 01-22-2007, 10:32 PM
On The Tree

ok how did the dad get your number do u now him or something???
Old 01-22-2007, 10:33 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dude its up to you. i just gave a little advice based on my expirience. they dont need cameras. the troopers word is all that is needed. good luck to ya, keep us posted.
Old 01-22-2007, 10:48 PM
TECH Resident

If i were you, i'd be honest, but ya how the heck did the dad know you?? that in itself seems very strange that he got your number??
Old 01-22-2007, 11:02 PM
TECH Resident

call them and see how it goes. what can it hurt?
Old 01-22-2007, 11:04 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by road_rage187
ok how did the dad get your number do u now him or something???
my bad for leaving the conncetion out. I work with his dad. Didnt realize that was his kid until it was all over. I figure telling the dad at this point wont mean ****. And although the cops word may mean **** how can the average joe tell one TA from the next. Like i said there are hundreds of blue TA's out there. Other than a convict and his dad who knows it was me?
Old 01-22-2007, 11:11 PM
Teching In

The first thing i would do is delete this thread. you never know who this kids friends are. the second thing i would do is keep my mouth shut. if they had anything real to go on then you'd know it already so the only person that can skrew you is yourself.
Old 01-22-2007, 11:13 PM
Launching!

if worse comes to worse ill try and negotiate and see if the judge would be cool about letting us start some kind of - anti street race/ pro track day at the local track. Between all his mustang guys and my local F body guys, and all others in between there could be a nice turn out.
Old 01-22-2007, 11:22 PM
Launching!

if they had anything real to go on then you'd know it already so the only person that can skrew you is yourself.

Not really i still need to find out how much leverege the cops have.
Old 01-22-2007, 11:48 PM
Launching!

the minute the lights on most squad cars go on so does a camera. All the cop has to do is say it was you and with the kid telling a similiar story and also saying it was you, you're caught man. All that telling them it wasn't you and that there are lots of blue t/a around is going to do is **** them off. I would be honest and hope for the best. I can tell you they are far more likely to let you slide if you are honest right off the bat, whereas if you try to bs they will try and write you every ticket they can think of.
Old 01-22-2007, 11:56 PM
Teching In

They cant do anything, how would they prove you were driving? I'm going thru a simiar situation I got caught, my buddy didnt, but they got his plate and were calling him on his phone with mine. Threating him if he didnt come to the station they were going to issue a warrent ect.. Long story short, nothing came out of it for him. Me on the other hand, I've got three tickets, evasion,CNI,drag racing. Car got impounded I went to jail, and 1300 worth of fee so far, have my court date feb 12

Last edited by Oldbones; 01-23-2007 at 12:12 AM.
Old 01-23-2007, 12:09 AM
TECH Resident

IMO it would be best to tell the truth. first of all, you have good credibility with the cops because you pulled over first. once the cop pulls around you then you have no obligation to wait for him to come back.

i had a similar situation, but told the truth the whole way through, and got off with defensive driving. here in dfw street racing is a class b misdemeanor as well.
Old 01-23-2007, 12:09 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Oldbones
They cant do anything, how would they prove you were driving? I'm going thru a simiar situation I got caught, my buddy didnt, but they got his plate and were calling him on his phone with mine. Threating him if he didnt come to the station they were going to issue a warrent ect.. Long story short, nothing came out of it for him. Me on the other hand, I've got three tickets, evasion,CNI,drag racing. Car got impounded I when to jail, and 1300 worth of fee so far. Have my court date feb 12
yea but you didnt give up your friend i'm guessing. if the kid he is racing ID's him as the driver then they can prove it was him, and he is pretty much caught. In your case they knew who it was but since you didnt tell them who it was they can't prove it was him.