Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

M6 LS2 GTO and Me

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2007, 08:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default M6 LS2 GTO and Me

I was coming home tonight and a stock LS2 GTO M6 pulls next to me at the light. I kept eyeing his car cause I figured he would try to impress me. We slowly left the green light and he puches it chirping the gears. We finally get next to eachother and he's rolling at what seems to be 1st or 2nd gear. Now it's 25* out and traction would be long gone, but I was like what the heck. We punch it at about 29 mph and I spin all 1st and a 1/3 of 2nd. Needless to say, he got a good jump being M6 with most likely traction. We go to about 65mph and he has a car length on me. We did about three races back to back from around 30mph to 65mph. Btw, 30mph is my dividing point of high 1st or low 2nd gear. So a few times I raced from low 2nd. When that happened, he had about a car and a half at the end. Which makes sense because my 1st gear will last about a second before spinning into 2nd gear. All in all, he beat me every time but I sure wish it was warmer out to see a good race.
Old 02-07-2007, 02:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

when i was stock i ran vs a ls2 GTO m6. and we was dead even till about 80-100mph where he missed a gear for a split second and i slowly pulled away. i ran 13.5@105 back then.

so you did pretty good. trust me you dont want warm weather. your really only hope is the other driver has bad traction. he can hang with you off the line and if that happens he will walk you easily. they can trap 109+ on average