Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Another One Bites The Dust !

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2007, 08:41 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Another One Bites The Dust !

Spice red 2006 GTO 6-speed , after Mardi Gras parade in Shreveport,La. Saturday night. Lined up at the light on Bert Kouns Industrial Loop at St. Vincent Ave. About 7:30 P.M. traffic everywhere, but hell he was messin with me so ***** it. I turn off the traction control , check for cops, he's hunkered over the steering wheel with one hand on the shifter & blippin the throttle.When the light changes we are both almost side ways in a drift as we cross the intersection , cars everywhere, don't care if there are any cops in the bunch behind or in front of me cause I ain't lettin go without a fight. I put about a length of daylight on him but he was real close cause I could here him gettin rubber every time he shifted . I let off at about 105MPH cause we were runnin out of room. He was about 2 lengths behind when I let off. MAN what a rush ! Now maybe them goat drivers will think twice before they mess with a gray hair old school guy in a Pewter convert. Z/28. Certainly made my weekend !
Old 02-10-2007, 08:56 PM
Teching In

Very nice! He's probably at home surfing the net for superchargers right now! LMAO!
Old 02-10-2007, 09:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nothing against the OP, but how come i read any of these races anymore and someone is always "sideways" or "drifting" on the start. Can these people just not drive? Have had my share of hard launches on the street and i might kick out my rear end a few inches left or right. But I've never had a problem of going sideways in any car i've launched......over exaggeration maybe?
Old 02-11-2007, 03:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

^^^^^ I'd think it would be VERY easy with much more power

On my old tires I went sideways like a ************ off a light racing a buddy in a new HD2500... I had to hit the brakes and straighten out before I could get back in it.

tires ftw.

and nice kill btw.
Old 02-11-2007, 09:13 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by black00ssFL
Nothing against the OP, but how come i read any of these races anymore and someone is always "sideways" or "drifting" on the start. Can these people just not drive? Have had my share of hard launches on the street and i might kick out my rear end a few inches left or right. But I've never had a problem of going sideways in any car i've launched......over exaggeration maybe?
depends on the tires I think. My car is a bitch to launch on my shitty *** tires, and on the 1>2 shift it blows the tires off real bad again. Another reason why I try not too street race..
Old 02-11-2007, 12:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I guess it's possible. The two cars I'm mainly comparing it to that I drive often is a '70 mach 1 with a heart transplant (514 ci big block) and a manual, and the other is a 69 chevelle ss with a 504 ci big bolck with a stalled auto. Both cars are always on drag radials (nitto's). Then of course i have my car which has a 3500 stall on bfg g-force t/a's. i have gone sideways in my car on a launch....but that was in the rain, lol.