Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

I got beat yesterday!

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2007, 05:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy I got beat yesterday!

Well I have had my car for about 4 months now and up til yesterday I had not been challenged to a race. My car was completely stock when I brought it home, you can look at my sig to see what has been done to it so far which performance wise isn't much.

I was going down the interstate when I noticed some kid in a Cobra come up behind me. I could tell be the way he was following me I was finally about to get my 1st challenge! He pulls along side me and stomps it so I keep waiting for him to slow back down along side me so we could have some room for a decent run but he never would fall back. So I catch back up to him to line us up but I never could get him to slow down enough to get some distance between us and other cars. We finally get a little distance but we were going at around 65 to 70 when he decided to go. I stayed nose to nose w/ him at first then he started to pull away. He got me by about 1 1/2 cars before we ran out of room and came up on traffic again. I gave him a thumbs up and went on about my way but I was kinda pissed b/c I would have liked to have gone from about a 40mph roll rather that 65 to 70 mph roll and I would have liked to have had more room between us and the other cars if I could have I gotten him to back off a little bit but oh well. I guess it was just some dumb kid who's daddy bought him a nice ride who dosen't know how to race.

I noticed the car had a car lot tag on it so I am sure he just bought it. Maybe he was too scared to do a full out run in it since it was new to him but even if we had I probably would have been spanked even worse. Oh well just thought I would make mention of it but now I am pissed and I want to do more to my car. Not that I didn't already want to do more to my car but I was just trying to do a little at a time. I just wish I had more money so I could go ahead and drop a cam and headers into her.
Old 02-11-2007, 05:55 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sounds like fun man, u win some, u lose some....but u live to race another day....haha i couldnt resist......let the modding begin lil buddy
Old 02-11-2007, 05:58 PM
Bad Trader (Louis H)

There is a dedicated section for this ya know?
Old 02-11-2007, 06:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

dont razz him, the mod will be moving this more than likely and thats cool, keep modding my friend
Old 02-11-2007, 06:48 PM
12 Second Club

welcome to the ls world. if u were stock and he took u like u said he did the cobra was not, it be exhaust system or only bolt ons any ls motor stock should stay up with a stock cobra. driver do make a different cause cobra's are not that far behind. do all the free mod's next look into headers, y-pipe,cat back. u did not mention if ur car was a a4 or m6. m6 look into changing clutch and slave cylinder. biggest change will be cam and/or head swap. but, I would do exhaust system first, then cam if u cant afford heads. hell exhaust alone with tune should be enough to hang/beat a stock cobra. save ur $$$$ and mod first what is affordable for you. then you'll see the tables change and u will be looking back from ur rearview mirror. good luck.

just checked out ur mods, ur heading in the right direction. I would conentrate on headers and rest of exhaust system, then cam.

fuerzaws6
Old 02-11-2007, 06:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yes I have an m6 and I have an LS7 clutch and I did the slave and master cyclinder upgrade with the drill mod. As far as comming down to the driver there was no chance to find out b/c I never had a chance to get out of 4th gear.