Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

damn ricer

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2007, 10:52 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default damn ricer

I was out on route 3 driving around doin around 40 and saw an sti so I pulled up next to it. The only mods I could see was an exhaust. I was looking at him and he pretended like he didn't notice I didn't want to race. I drove next to him for a while and then got the feeling that he wanted to race, when suddenly he starts honking it off. He jumped about 2 car lengths ahead of me because I have and A4 TA and I had to wait for it to downshift. After I downshifted I started pulling really hard. Right when I was pulling in front of his back bumper he started slowing down so he could say he won. This race literally lasted for about 1 and a half seconds. If we would have kept going I would have definately pulled ahead of him. There was a stoplight up ahead and I pulled up next to him to try and get another race, but he ignored me. I hate ****** ricers!!

Last edited by 98TAbadass; 12-11-2007 at 08:39 PM.
Old 02-16-2007, 10:57 PM
TECH Regular

LOL. I bet he's on some STI forum right now saying how YOU jumped first, but he still reeled you in and proceeded to toast your ***.

"Ricers" are a tricky species. You have to be ready for anything, at anytime.

I define "ricer" by having one of the many "typical" slow cars (be it a 4cyl honda, v6 mustang, etc) who says "it's a 400whp/12 sec car" (Aren't they all). A REAL 400whp dsm/civic/srt4/v6 stang is near always NOT a "ricer" IMO...and I don't care if they get their power N/A, spray, turbo, supercharger, or blower - fast is fast.
Old 02-16-2007, 11:06 PM
TECH Veteran

o i love when people do that..so they can go home nd say they beat an lsx. that happened to my friend but we were at a light and an 06 g35 was like a car behind us at a light and we were trying to get him to race before and than all of a sudden he just guns it and we werent expecting it and right when we were pulling he slammed his brakes. Man do i love those races
Old 02-16-2007, 11:56 PM
Teching In

It cracks me up when people do that. Especially when there is no reason for them to let off. They know they were gonna get thier doors blown off anyway..... so they let off and make it seem like you just did a fly-by.
Old 02-17-2007, 04:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ahaha, yea I had a guy try that in a 350Z. We were at the light together and he wouldn't look at me so I was like ok maybe he doesn't wanna run. Well I get up to about 40 and see him hit it in my rearview and I waited til he was along side just enough, then I punched it and destroyed his pull. The guy looked really pissed that I just beat his $30K car and wouldn't let him fly-by me.