Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

GXP Vs. SS

Old 02-17-2007, 09:25 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default GXP Vs. SS

Today as I was headed to grab lunch. I noticed a little silver car speeding up behind me. As we stoped at the light I notice it was a solstice, but the hood looked odd to me. After I left the light I merged into the right lane and the car darted past me. I glanced at the rear and noticed it was a GXP ( first one I have seen on the road) with paper dealer plates on it. We catch another light together, me in the left lane solstice in the right. I glance over and notice that it is a woman driving it in buisness dress, which was cool. We exchange a little rev. When the light turns green I roll out gentle untill the little turbo fury gets about a car out on me. I then lay into the gas promplty putting the little silver car by my side, and just as quickly put her behind me. I glance back as I shift into third, and I notice the little car is a few cars back. As I let out the gas the lady stays all in it and gives me the ol' fly-by. Seemed like a nice car. The woman went speeding through some turns ahead of me, and the car seemed to handle them exceptionally well.

Cliffs: Schooled a lady driving a shinny new GXP with the ol' mullet machine. Yeeha
Old 02-17-2007, 12:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

I hope she enjoyed those turns.
Old 02-17-2007, 02:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Good kill, but if those motors respond as well as a srt4 lets say to mods, their gonna tuff competition with rwd i believe, im waiting for people to mod them because they're prob going to be beast, i wouldnt mind having one if they werent so much
Old 02-17-2007, 05:51 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 98NATA
Good kill, but if those motors respond as well as a srt4 lets say to mods, their gonna tuff competition with rwd i believe, im waiting for people to mod them because they're prob going to be beast, i wouldnt mind having one if they werent so much
I completly agree this those things will be a blast once people start putting simple bolt-ons to them.
Old 02-18-2007, 02:42 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hasnt lingenfelter got those ecotec (sp?) motors to insanly high HP levels already?
Old 02-18-2007, 03:24 AM
Staging Lane

Good kill, gotta love the flyby from a business woman. What do those things run stock?
Old 02-18-2007, 11:13 AM
11 Second Club

~14@ 100 mph. A lot of people have made good power with the ecotec the compact pro mod car uses a stock ecotec block and makes 1200+ hp. Along with some top speed cars also making 1000+ hp. There was a cavalier around here making ~350hp to the wheels with a pretty much stock ecotec.
Old 02-20-2007, 04:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

from what i heard they like ls7's pretty well....leave the turbo 4cyl modding to the srt4's
Old 02-20-2007, 04:42 PM
TECH Addict

Mallet already puts out an LS2 and LS6 Solstice. 50K plus car....not including his supercharged versions. theyre in some issue of last years High Performance Pontiac. ran 11s, if not 10s, out of the factory i think
Old 02-21-2007, 01:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

the GXP solstice will become the next big tuning car i belive because of it being a 4cyc and turb and rwd. and its good sucess in drifting competition. their some quick cars. low 14s at 100 mph like someone else stated. and its been dyno prooven by mangaflow or someone. they made a full exhaust 3" and gained like 18 rwhp from it.
Old 02-21-2007, 09:01 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by EchoMirage
Mallet already puts out an LS2 and LS6 Solstice. 50K plus car....not including his supercharged versions. theyre in some issue of last years High Performance Pontiac. ran 11s, if not 10s, out of the factory i think
Another company (forget the name) dropped an LS7 into one. I believe they were talking 550hp (not sure if that is wheel or flywheel).

Nice think about the car is the front frame rails are so far apart you can squeeze some really big motors between them. Anyone have a spare 572 to drop in one?
Old 02-21-2007, 09:03 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by GXPPOWER
the GXP solstice will become the next big tuning car i belive because of it being a 4cyc and turb and rwd. and its good sucess in drifting competition. their some quick cars. low 14s at 100 mph like someone else stated. and its been dyno prooven by mangaflow or someone. they made a full exhaust 3" and gained like 18 rwhp from it.
Not 100% sure but I would think the wheel base is a little to small for drifting. The car would be very hard to handle in a drift.
Old 02-21-2007, 09:16 AM
TECH Apprentice

I like the v-8 idea, but why go through that when you can prob mod them as easy as an srt4, or will be able to soon, and their problem seems to be traction. The solstice's rwd will help that out somewhat, so i see that as a fairly easy 11's...sounds good to me
Old 02-21-2007, 10:11 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 98NATA
I like the v-8 idea, but why go through that when you can prob mod them as easy as an srt4, or will be able to soon, and their problem seems to be traction. The solstice's rwd will help that out somewhat, so i see that as a fairly easy 11's...sounds good to me
Some people just hate the idea of a 4cyl regardless of how fast it is. Believe me I know.
Old 02-21-2007, 11:42 AM
TECH Addict

good kill. the GXP's are nice but belive it or not I'd prefer the saturn sky redline over pontiac. -did i just say that?
Old 02-21-2007, 03:24 PM
11 Second Club

I prefer the sky as well.
Old 02-21-2007, 04:06 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by WRX-ERROR
Not 100% sure but I would think the wheel base is a little to small for drifting. The car would be very hard to handle in a drift.
Rys Millen already has a solstice for drifting in D1. went to that after the GTO got discontinued.

I think the Sky actually looks a little better then the Solstice too.....but the Sky is meant more for a luxury ride, while the Solstice is performance orientated. the sky comes with softer suspension, taller gears, etc.
Old 02-22-2007, 07:55 AM
Teching In

Rys Millen already has a solstice for drifting in D1. went to that after the GTO got discontinued.

I think the Sky actually looks a little better then the Solstice too.....but the Sky is meant more for a luxury ride, while the Solstice is performance orientated. the sky comes with softer suspension, taller gears, etc.
Didn't know that. I would have expected it to drift much like a Miata which sucks *** because of the wheel base.

I like the Solstice myself. Kind of reminds me of a BMW Roadster.
Old 02-23-2007, 08:51 AM
TECH Addict

even between the redline and GXP versions? i thought they were both equally performance orientated
Old 02-23-2007, 09:21 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by WRX-ERROR
Then you didn't see me at the Houston Mazda Zoom-Zoom Live! Event in the RX8 and Miata's, .

Search this Thread