Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

My A4 TA vs LT1 Formula

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2007, 02:49 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default My A4 TA vs LT1 Formula

I was pulling into the parking lot of the local hangout with my buddy (anthraxmm) when I noticed a guy in an LT1 'bird eying our cars. I saw the car, but instead of looking into it further (thought it was just a 6, I guess that's why you guys like Formulas ) I decided just to park it with my friends and wait for the "racers" to show up.

So all the racers arrive and we head out to the local race spot. I watched a couple of races with my buddies all happy that I wasn't getting called out by the two quick-as-**** fox bodies that were sitting around, when I got asked if I was going to be running my car. I told the guy I was, but that I at least wanted to know what I'd be lining up against. The guy pointed to that same Formula which was now sitting a little ways down from where I was, and said that he wanted to run an LS1 car. I told him I'd run him, feeling all cocky because I had burned the last M6 LT1 Z28 I ran against pretty bad.

We waited for everyone to get out of the way, and lined them up. I foot braked it to 1.5k and waited for the go. We got the ok, and took off. We both had decent launches, with me jumping ahead about a door. At around 60mph I looked in my mirror thinking I was gonna see his lights getting smaller, but I was wrong. He was right at my door the whole race, I barely managed to fend him off, and not by much.

After the race, we complimented each other on the run, and he seemed like a pretty cool guy. We were dead even, and I know that had he got the jump on me the situation would've been reversed.

If you're on here dude, you've got a damn fast car, and I'd be more than happy to give you a rematch sometime!

Nice run
Old 02-19-2007, 02:55 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice kill. Sounds like a great run. It's always more fun when it's closer I think, more of an adrenaline rush.
Old 02-19-2007, 10:49 AM
TECH Apprentice

Those runs are the greatest, I wish we had a place around here to run like that still all ours were busted by the popo. What are your mods, and did he mention his?
Old 02-19-2007, 12:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Nice Kill
Old 02-19-2007, 12:32 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice kill,

What are you mods/his mods?
Old 02-19-2007, 10:48 PM
Launching!

Yea those close races are incredibly fun! What were his mods?
Old 02-19-2007, 10:54 PM
Teching In

nice kill, also agree the close races are the best!