Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

couple kills...

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 08:50 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default couple kills...

well, i got my elco this last week and its not liscensed yet... but i had to take it out for a cruise. my first victim was a TPI trans am GTA. hes one of my friends. Its a 350/auto car. we were out on a near abandoned highway outside of town and we did 3 honks. he outlaunched me pretty bad (brand new kumhos compared to my old cooper cobras). he had about 3 lengths on me by 30 mph, but after that it was all me. as i shifted to second, i blew past him pretty well. after that i think he gave up.
second kill: sitting at a stop light in town, some guy in probably his mid 20's pulled up next to me in a 5.0 mustang. he revved a little bit, so i rolled down my window. he asked what i had, i said a cammed 350. i asked what he had, he said practically stock 302 with a cobra intake and some head porting. I said lets run them. on green, we both launched.. i got the advantage cus he dumped the clutch and roasted them all through first. second gear he started to gain a little bit, but as soon as i got into the upper rpms, the pull stopped. i won by about 2 cars. my former car is an '86 mustang gt vert 5 speed, so i know how quick those cars are...

well, to me its quick. to you LS1 people this is probably pretty damn funny.