Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Destroyed another 5.0

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 10:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Destroyed another 5.0

On my way home from a my buddy's house where I had just got my bottle filled and as soon as I get on the 6 lane road a guy in a 90-93 5.0 rolls up on my right. We both have windows rolled down since it was nice 70* day and I glance over to see that he is probably still in high school or maybe first year or so in college. There is slight traffic around and I have no intensions of racing since my exit is less than 1 mile ahead. He gears down and starts jumping at me and I just had to take the bait. His car didn't sound that loud so I will just give him the benefit of the doubt and say it was stock (except for the busted out tail light). A big gap opens in front of us and we are rolling about 40mph. I only gear down to third around 3K or so and being the gentleman I am, waited on him to take the hit. When he goes I floor it and by 75mph I am 2 lengths ahead and shut it down. He turns off without the thumbs up or anything. Oh well. Its a boring kill story but it is all the action I have had in few weeks.
Old 02-22-2007, 11:13 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 2K1WS6TA
On my way home from a my buddy's house where I had just got my bottle filled and as soon as I get on the 6 lane road a guy in a 90-93 5.0 rolls up on my right. We both have windows rolled down since it was nice 70* day and I glance over to see that he is probably still in high school or maybe first year or so in college. There is slight traffic around and I have no intensions of racing since my exit is less than 1 mile ahead. He gears down and starts jumping at me and I just had to take the bait. His car didn't sound that loud so I will just give him the benefit of the doubt and say it was stock (except for the busted out tail light). A big gap opens in front of us and we are rolling about 40mph. I only gear down to third around 3K or so and being the gentleman I am, waited on him to take the hit. When he goes I floor it and by 75mph I am 2 lengths ahead and shut it down. He turns off without the thumbs up or anything. Oh well. Its a boring kill story but it is all the action I have had in few weeks.
Sounds about right. 50-100 I beat my old 5.0 (244whp) by 3 cars (not counting the 1.5 car jump I got on it since my dad did not hear the honk-off). I too started in 3rd

Way to pick on a cripple GOOD KILL!
Old 02-22-2007, 11:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I wasn't picking, don't get that idea. He is the one that came asking for it. I just gave him what he wanted. Unless he wanted to win, I didn't give him that.
Old 02-23-2007, 12:20 AM
Tech Apprentice

Aren't the highschool kids fun to pick on? LOL I love it when a teenager gets a V8 car with a few stuff done and thinks he is ready to take on the world. Haha great kill man! I love how you let him get the jump. I always do that, makes coming past them that much sweeter!
Old 02-23-2007, 01:43 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
Aren't the highschool kids fun to pick on? LOL I love it when a teenager gets a V8 car with a few stuff done and thinks he is ready to take on the world. Haha great kill man! I love how you let him get the jump. I always do that, makes coming past them that much sweeter!
When I got my first car, a crown vic with a 5.4L and a police interceptor package that my father, grandpa, a friend, and myself build in the driveway, I thought it was the **** too! Cut the kid some slack. I then thought my TA was fast, then my 5.0, then my LS1 TA, now I think my friend's civic is fast, when I ride in a car that is faster than his, then it will be that. THERE IS ALWAYS! something faster, but so far noone has let me ride in a 9-second car, so that Civic still stands as my personal definition, lol.