Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Had a Run-in with a C5 Vette today

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 07:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Had a Run-in with a C5 Vette today

Was on my lunch Break from my Classes today and kinda got on it a bit leaving the parking lot, when a guy that goes to the other campus was pulling out in his C5 got on it right behind me....well we hit main 3 lane wide BLVD. and he passes me and throws a rev...Caught back up to him and threw a rev back at him and he stated to me at the red light he wanted to ease into it and not just launch the **** out it cause he had a new clutch in and was still trying to get used to it....I was like why not im gonna loose anyway....well light turned green we rolled slowly up to around 20-25 or so and we both stood on it..My car pulled out on him about 1 1/2 lengths through 1st, started sucking me back up at the stop of 1st, hit 2nd he lost a bit of ground with me being an auto but sucked me right back up back to being dead even and then all of a sudden he went to hit 3rd and I see the front of his car dive and bounce off the limiter a few times, waited a sec to see if he would try and real me back in but he didn't...soo we left it at that.......I was praying to the LT1 god for that missed shift but I'm not calling it as a win just two car guys havin some fun on a nice day.....

He was also on his cell phone....polly would have continued to put the hurting on me if he wasn't chit chattin

Last edited by GreatWhiteZ28; 02-28-2007 at 07:10 PM.
Old 02-28-2007, 07:47 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

not bad, sounds like he wasnt too great of a driver, but when the quicker car has a worse driver, it makes it that much more interesting than just getting smashed (or even smashing!). just think of the fun you would've missed it you just passed it up because you "were just gonna lose anyways". haha
Old 02-28-2007, 08:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by PewterScreaminMach
not bad, sounds like he wasnt too great of a driver, but when the quicker car has a worse driver, it makes it that much more interesting than just getting smashed (or even smashing!). just think of the fun you would've missed it you just passed it up because you "were just gonna lose anyways". haha
He was on his phone the whole time......yeah..I thought about just letting it be and just cruise on.normally the Vette guys around here just turn their nose the other way and laugh at you.....then I decided "what the hell, it's just in good fun"....
Old 02-28-2007, 08:23 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice run....who the hell races while on the phone!

Thats why he missed a gear
Old 02-28-2007, 08:32 PM
On The Tree

An idiot that wants to lose control of his car likes to race and talk on the phone at the same time. By the way nice run!
Old 03-01-2007, 08:27 AM
Teching In

i have a z06 but usually drive my z28 around during the week, i had a c5 pull next to me the other day and he probably thought he was going to take me, i guess after getting it handed to him twice he didnt want anymore. having both cars im always suprised at some of the vette owners that dont give the respect to other cars thinking they are the ****, one reason why i got the z06. i know i have a nice car, but i also know someone with the right 5k dollar car can easily hang.had that happen also
Old 03-01-2007, 09:33 AM
Teching In

He was on his phone?.. I don't understand why anyone would race while talking on their cell phone. That's just plain stupid.