Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Run in with a couple C5's

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 10:58 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Run in with a couple C5's

Ok, its car show time again. Im on my way up but have to stop and get my paycheck first so I can get gas. On the way, 2 C5's come flyin up on my ***, move to try and get around. I speed up and rev to see if they wanna run. One was an auto, the other 6spd. I see the 6spd downshift to get thru an opening in the traffic, I do as well and keep pace with him in hopes of getting a run. They both just take off and leave as I have to stop and get $$. Ordinarily I would have chased them, but I was in need of gas. We finally get to the show, walk around for a little bit, and sure enough about a half hour later, guess who shows up.....the 2 vettes! So I go get my car and pull it in next to them. The kid who was driving the auto looks at me and says, whose T/A is that? I smiled and said mine. He immediatelyasked if that was me on the way up here and I said yes. We got to talkin, he tells me he has an exhaust and chip and is sittin at 400hp as we speak, weighs 1900lbs, runs a 12.2 and my motor in the T/A weighs alot more than his, hence the major weight difference. The exhuast was a home made cat-back. I told him what I have done. The 6spd driver comes over and tells me he is stock with a filter. Nice kids, but they were the typical vette owners. They kept sayin, if you wanna pull bitches, get a vette! Which im sure it may be easier, but its definitely not the only car in the world to pull bitches. T/A's do alright too The driver then decided to talk **** to my buddy about his SRT-4. He has stage 2, soon to be stage 3. Its not slow. Nasty car with race gas. Now my brother is gettin pissed off at the kids and from out of no where, says, do you wanna go run gary's T/A and shauns SRT4? The driver of the auto smiled and said, I got 400, sure you wanna run? I just smiled and said, then you have nothing to worry about. So we all leave, and head up to this looong stretch of hwy where there is nothing around. On the way, I raced the auto from 50-110. I put about car and 1/2 on him. Ok, we get to the spot and pull over to set up the races. First race, me vs 6spd. We get on the road, line up, and wait to get waved go. 1...2...3...Go! I get an excellent launch, got about a car out of the hole, still spin like theres no tomorrow in 1st and 2nd and hold him off til 4th.....miss! Sh*t! We turn around and line up again. He honks 3x, launch! Again, another good launch and hold him off til 4th then he pulled me. Damn 4.10's Next race. SRT4 vs. auto vette. They go from a 25 roll cuz my buddys tranny has been acting up. Honk 3x, go! Dead even for a few seconds, my buddy starts to pull, then all of a sudden.....No more boost. Vette just walked away from there. We pulled over to look at it, boost line broke. All in all, some good races. The kids were idiots, but still fun to race. Those were my first races with C5's. The 6spd has ALOT up top. Just thought I'd share. Sorry for the novel.
Old 03-04-2007, 01:09 PM
Staging Lane

What a dope in the auto vette. I hate when people talk out of their ***. anyway nice runs
Old 03-04-2007, 07:37 PM
Launching!

Thanks. Yea the kid in the auto vette was an ***. Typical owners
Old 03-04-2007, 10:51 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice runs.