Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Cocky C5 Owner: . . . . OWNED

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 11:44 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Cocky C5 Owner: . . . . OWNED

Hey guys, this happened a while ago actually but jus puttin this in now:

I was on a main street and see a beautiful black C5 coming at me. i did a u-turn and caught up with the guy. Some 30-40 year old guy with his wife with the convert top down, (a looooong time ago, its freezing now! ) we got to about a 25 mph roll and said, "Hey, can i hear that thing?" He said, "Ok" with a really cocky smirk and took off. Him and his wife were laughing. I guess they didn't know that i was runnin the same engine. He was doin about 25 mph up ahead and i slowly creaped up on him. I had a feeling he was gonna punch it as soon as i came up to him, so i downshifted and as soon as he punched it, i took off like a bat outta hell. I launched that ****, (and to this day despite the cold weather, i hear a creaking comin from my left back wheel well. I think the bushing to the lower control arm is messed up maybe). It was pretty much a dead even race but when we got to the light, i said, "wanna race from a stop?" He looked over and his cocky smirk was gone and said, "nah, thats ok". and his wifey wasn't smilin either.

Some good memories of the ol' 346. I recently spun a bearing and probably gonna have to do a rebuild.

James
Old 03-02-2007, 11:55 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm sorry, James.
Old 03-03-2007, 12:06 AM
TECH Junkie

Don't be. I'll be back!
Old 03-03-2007, 01:23 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Love to wipe that smirk. Good kill.

Jim
Old 03-03-2007, 02:39 AM
TECH Junkie

what are you building?
Old 03-03-2007, 10:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

nice kill, sorry bout the rebuild
Old 03-03-2007, 04:00 PM
TECH Junkie

Wasn't exactly a kill. I don't recall if I had pulled on him a lil bit or vice versa, but i thought it was funny how he went from cocky to cockless.

Well, HOPEFULLY, everything will be covered under this extended warranty I purchased. If not, i'm looking into an assembled forged 408 from TSP.

James
Old 03-03-2007, 07:22 PM
On The Tree

old guys in vettes are fun. Your stocker hung with a vert, I flatout annihilated a vert with exhaust and a really angry old man (after he lost). He floored it at the light after laughing, I gave him 2 cars and walked him like he was standing still (car was low 12s at the time). Some of those guys never grow up.
Old 03-04-2007, 12:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

Awww man I love these threads. I had an old lady (mid 40's) in a silver vett role up on me. Her rear tires were def. bigger than stock. My wife, who don't know jack, comented on them. She pulled up next to me and goosed the pedal... I rolled down the window and she mouthed "Ohhh your just kids..." I down shifted and we went. I GAVE her the jump. Ended up pullen on her like she was tree. Gave her a thumbs up, she was reluctant to give one back, but she did. Some "kids" have a heads/cammed procharged ta lol...
Old 03-04-2007, 01:07 PM
On The Tree

freakin vette owners they expect to beat an fbody by bus lenghts. Get over yourselves ive had the same experiences like the above.
Old 03-04-2007, 04:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 35ss
freakin vette owners they expect to beat an fbody by bus lenghts. Get over yourselves ive had the same experiences like the above.

Don't worry, we're not all like that. I was never beaten by a Fbody, but I never expected to win every time either. You can make any car fast, just takes lots of coin.
Old 03-04-2007, 05:00 PM
10 Second Club

Did you get your feelings hurt?

Besides leaving the racing for the track, I know quite a few F-Bodys that would walk my own Z06; one is in the signature, driven by a girl.

Shoot seeing how your react to Vettes, I wonder how you would feel getting curb stomped by another F-Body driven by a woman?
Old 03-04-2007, 08:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Azrael
Did you get your feelings hurt?

Besides leaving the racing for the track, I know quite a few F-Bodys that would walk my own Z06; one is in the signature, driven by a girl.

Shoot seeing how your react to Vettes, I wonder how you would feel getting curb stomped by another F-Body driven by a woman?

Not all vette owners are like that.
Old 03-04-2007, 09:42 PM
11 Second Club

i had somethin happen like that except it was against my dad in his 95' vette and i had him till about 140 the he started walkinon me. im not upset though i mean its my dad i expect him to win he has probally 25 year more "driving"(racing) expeirience than me
Old 03-04-2007, 10:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Enthusiast C5 drivers know better than that. Stock for stock they beat us in car lengths instead.
Old 03-04-2007, 10:48 PM
TECH Addict

most vette owners around here are pretty cocky,luckily the vettes are stock so if you somehow get one to race you,they never look over again
Old 03-06-2007, 12:11 AM
Launching!

I dont drive a Vette but i am a cocky ******* that thinks my car is "the ****" -HOWEVER- I do my best to be a truly polite sports car enthusiast. You said yourself that you did a U turn on a busy street to catch up with the guy, that isnt cocky? I just enjoy being able to share the passion no matter what the other guy drives (no matter how gay that sounds). If hes a jerk, im a bigger one, thus i can understand, and if hes cool its reciprocated, but no one who has a level of pride in their car can honestly say they havent been cocky in at least one situation or another. I can think of some SRT4 guys that put up threads exactly like this about guys like us (and yea occasionally me...but really, seriously just once lol). My point is that were all freakin cocky and he happened to get bitch slapped back down to earth IN FRONT OF HIS WIFE during one of his "moments". As so, i could imagine his reaction would be quite drastic to say the least. NICE KILL. I just hope i dont have my girl with me when i get my reality check!!!
Old 03-07-2007, 01:12 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by SSickLS1
I dont drive a Vette but i am a cocky ******* that thinks my car is "the ****" -HOWEVER- I do my best to be a truly polite sports car enthusiast. You said yourself that you did a U turn on a busy street to catch up with the guy, that isnt cocky? I just enjoy being able to share the passion no matter what the other guy drives (no matter how gay that sounds). If hes a jerk, im a bigger one, thus i can understand, and if hes cool its reciprocated, but no one who has a level of pride in their car can honestly say they havent been cocky in at least one situation or another. I can think of some SRT4 guys that put up threads exactly like this about guys like us (and yea occasionally me...but really, seriously just once lol). My point is that were all freakin cocky and he happened to get bitch slapped back down to earth IN FRONT OF HIS WIFE during one of his "moments". As so, i could imagine his reaction would be quite drastic to say the least. NICE KILL. I just hope i dont have my girl with me when i get my reality check!!!
agreed
Old 03-07-2007, 10:51 PM
TECH Junkie

i see what you are saying, . . but when I did a U-turn, it wasn't my cocky side, jus my play side
Old 03-08-2007, 12:20 AM
Staging Lane

awesome story. Yeah, typical vette owners don't have a clue. Most auto enthusiasts chose the c5 bc the entire package is an excellent starting point to build a personal super-car.

MY vette is feelin slow to me now. I need MORE POWER.

Last edited by Vette4LIFE; 03-08-2007 at 01:26 AM.