Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Anyone ever race an NSX??

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2007, 02:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone ever race an NSX??

So today I am heading home from work about 8:00 at night. It was a warm day today so alot of imports were out. The First car I see is a old school BMW M3. I give it a little bit of gas and go around him and he doesn't bite. I am looking in the rearview and I see a MR2 Turbo make a dash for the car pool lane followed by a tricked out Yellow NSX. So the NSX comes up besides me and floors it, I look in the rearview to make sure there is no cops and floor it. From 60 to 110 I walked him by at least 3 or 4 cars but he was still there insistent on racing at higher speeds. I was actually impressed by this one it definitely wasn't stock because there not even remotely fast stock.

What do you guys think? Do you think he would have pulled me harder above 110 mph? Was I a ***** for not racing up to higher speeds? I am damn curious to know what he had done. I would not be surprised if he had a Comptech supercharger at all.
Old 03-17-2007, 03:52 AM
Staging Lane

NSX's are a joke. The most over-priced and under-performing cars on the road today.

People talk about their good handling abilities but I was far from impressed when I drove it. Maybe that's because I was coming out of my C6 Z06 right into the NSX.. Although, I did tell the owner that it handled well when he asked so I wouldn't hurt his feelings too bad..
Old 03-17-2007, 04:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Fadi
NSX's are a joke. The most over-priced and under-performing cars on the road today.

People talk about their good handling abilities but I was far from impressed when I drove it. Maybe that's because I was coming out of my C6 Z06 right into the NSX.. Although, I did tell the owner that it handled well when he asked so I wouldn't hurt his feelings too bad..
Your on Crack.

NSX's are still laying down badass times at the nurburgring.
Old 03-17-2007, 05:00 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Justin00SS
Your on Crack.

NSX's are still laying down badass times at the nurburgring.

Not to sound rude but, he was just comparing two sports cars (not a muscle car and a sports car), one of which is a car wed all give our left arms for, stated he has driven both...then stated his Z06 was the all around better car for the most part. And you cant even say the price is diffrent in either car as there in the same playin field on that too.

Hes driven 2 cars most of us never will, yet hes the one on crack? sure its putting out good times in nurbrgring but, is it beating his z06?

And dude, come on, everyone knows NSXs are over priced despite what they are made out of/do.
Old 03-17-2007, 07:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Save for the price it is doing with 280hp v6 what alot of cars are doing with 400+hp v8s and v10s.

They still look cool too.

They were just waaay ahead of their time.

Anyone who knows cars should be impressed by what the NSX can do. Its also quite obvious that it wasn't designed for high mph or straightline racing.
Old 03-17-2007, 07:31 AM
On The Tree

I worked at a pontiac dealership in 2002 and one of the used car managers went out and bought a NSX, the last year model they produced with the built in head lights. I said take me for a ride cause i never rode in one before. So he took me down the highway and it was quick. When we got back my other boss was like was it fast? I said yea its pretty quick. Then he said do you think it could out run that T/A on the show room floor. I dont know i have never rode in a Ws6 before. Then i was introduced to the LS1 the hard way. It was the convertable yellow WS6 with the racing decals on the side of it and the black wheels. No comparason, not even close that pontiac would walk all over that NSX, i think that was the fastest stock T/A i have ever rode in. NSX's are over priced and over rated.
Old 03-17-2007, 08:53 AM

people buy NSXs because they want the look and feel of an exotic car but can't afford the multi-hundred thousand dollar prices tags. it's as simple as that. typically, people looking to buy an NSX are not looking to buy an American V8 muscle car, so why bother comparing two cars that are designed for completely different reasons?
Old 03-17-2007, 08:54 AM
TECH Addict

That previous post by ScreaminRedZ was actually me, I didn't know he had logged in on this computer, haha.
Old 03-17-2007, 09:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ
people buy NSXs because they want the look and feel of an exotic car but can't afford the multi-hundred thousand dollar prices tags. it's as simple as that. typically, people looking to buy an NSX are not looking to buy an American V8 muscle car, so why bother comparing two cars that are designed for completely different reasons?
Exactly.

Two entirely different breeds.
Old 03-17-2007, 10:01 AM
Banned

owned a nsx...for about 2 months....hated the car...great looking good handling, but not the "race car" it was made out to be....... but a great looking car
Old 03-17-2007, 10:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Probably would suck daily driving or street driving.

They are cramped and lack low end torque. Unless you are driving them to their max they really aren't good for anything else.
Old 03-17-2007, 10:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

the only way I would take a NSX is if it had an LSX, then it would be a pretty badass car, although it would still look wierd IMO
Old 03-17-2007, 10:55 AM
On The Tree

The NSX's styling was before its time, and its the only reason it survived the same styling for so long. And it was a great handler, but what mid-engine RWD car isn't?

It would've been great for a sportscar priced on the $30's, but not $100k ++. I laugh everytime I hear it refered to as a supercar. ANd as far as a them doing good on the track, well what highly-modified racecar doesn't do well on the track?

The NSX is no joke, but the bottom line is that it is outperformed in EVERY category by cars the cost way less. I like the styling, but its still not the best looking car.

My $.02
Old 03-17-2007, 11:19 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BaddillaK
the only way I would take a NSX is if it had an LSX, then it would be a pretty badass car, although it would still look wierd IMO
I like your thinking I would love to have an NSX with an LSx motor. I think they have always looked badass but I've never been too impressed with their performance compared to the price.
Old 03-17-2007, 12:02 PM
Banned

You raced one of the older NSX's. They run high 13's@103ish. A newer one will run high 12's/LOW 13's@108-112ish.
Old 03-17-2007, 12:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Really and what makes you think that? Not only was it not an early car but it was modified as well. BTW I love mid engine cars...thats why I bought my Vette.
Old 03-17-2007, 12:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Give me a Boxster S over a NSX any day. If I am going to put up with a slow car at least give me a convertible! Plus I am a sucker for the looks of the Boxster.
Old 03-17-2007, 12:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BLKWS.6
You raced one of the older NSX's. They run high 13's@103ish. A newer one will run high 12's/LOW 13's@108-112ish.
could you please stop defending everything import..... everytime someone says they beat an import or something you talk about how great or fast they are
Old 03-17-2007, 12:28 PM
On The Tree

The NSX was built to be Vette competition.. and it failed miserably in every aspect of that except the chassis itself. The only thing it can do is turn with the Corvette..probably better than the C4 of the time, but was quickly outclassed by later versions.
Old 03-17-2007, 12:47 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Fadi

Fadi, you're so kind.