Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Corvette Kinda Killed Me...

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 04:03 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Corvette Kinda Killed Me...

I usually never street race and if I do, its to the speed limit because I am a law-abiding citizen...and I work for the police and am gonna be a police officer...lol...I had two friends in my car which equalled about 4oo lbs. extra weight. We were on a two lane highway and a 06 Bergundy Corvette starts ridin' me. I see him jump over to the opposite lane and I'm like Heck No! However, due to my extra weight and ill-timed reaction he easily passed and jumped right in front of me...grr...he was laughing as he did it. I think it would definitely have been closer had I been by myself and knew he was gonna punch it...oh well, you win some you lose some...makes we want to start moddin' my ride more...lol
Old 03-22-2007, 04:10 PM
On The Tree

What kind of car do you have?
Old 03-22-2007, 04:17 PM
Banned

ibtl
Old 03-22-2007, 04:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LS1Hungry4More
I usually never street race and if I do, its to the speed limit because I am a law-abiding citizen...and I work for the police and am gonna be a police officer...lol...I had two friends in my car which equalled about 4oo lbs. extra weight. We were on a two lane highway and a 06 Bergundy Corvette starts ridin' me. I see him jump over to the opposite lane and I'm like Heck No! However, due to my extra weight and ill-timed reaction he easily passed and jumped right in front of me...grr...he was laughing as he did it. I think it would definitely have been closer had I been by myself and knew he was gonna punch it...oh well, you win some you lose some...makes we want to start moddin' my ride more...lol
You do realize that "racing to the speedlimit" is an arrestable offence, right? I don't know much about your state, but it could be a felony. It's at least a misdemeanor if anything. Get caught doing that and not only will you be looking for another career, but you'll be looking for another vehicle, a few years later when you get your license back.
Old 03-22-2007, 04:45 PM
Banned

Old 03-24-2007, 06:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackMagicC5
You do realize that "racing to the speedlimit" is an arrestable offence, right? I don't know much about your state, but it could be a felony. It's at least a misdemeanor if anything. Get caught doing that and not only will you be looking for another career, but you'll be looking for another vehicle, a few years later when you get your license back.

Your right.

But, if you read the statute, atleast in florida,...ANY form of acceleration could be deamed as "racing"... according to how the statute is written.

I have currently an on going trial regarding something similar....due to the way the law is written.

Last edited by V-seriesTech; 03-24-2007 at 07:12 PM.
Old 03-24-2007, 06:09 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

street racing ftw...traffic cops suck
Old 03-24-2007, 07:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by chavez885
street racing ftw...traffic cops suck
Hahaha
Old 03-24-2007, 08:06 PM
Banned