Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

93 Z28 vs supercharged vw caraddo (dont know if that is the correct spelling)

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2007, 06:01 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 93 Z28 vs supercharged vw caraddo (dont know if that is the correct spelling)

I was at the carwash last night and a s/c corrado pulled up, dont know his mods. I asked him if he wanted to race, and he said sure but youll probably win. I told him i was A4 and he smiled and said ok, that sounds alot better. First race was a 20 roll, I ate the tires all the way through second gear and had more than 2 buses easily by 70. We did a rematch from 35, terrible place in gearing for me, i pulled about a bus. He was pretty shocked. During the second race i did something i had never done before i barked third gear. I only had 10 psi in my tires.

Another guy was there last night in a turbo saab. His girlfriend was making fun of other peoples cars, and telling everyone there 99 saab is worth more than there lives. A real couple of ********. Anyway The guy was saying his car ran 13.9 stock, and he has an upgraded turbo and is 310 at the wheels. So i challenged him. He said he'd race me tonight. Im skeptical about the 310 at the wheels, but who knows. There will be alot of people out tonight and theyve all heard him and his girl talk **** about how fast the car is, i guess ill find out tonight.

93 Z28 A4 3:23 gears

K&N fipk
airfoil
tb bypass
flowmaster
hi flo cat
180 thermastat
royal purple fluids
Old 03-24-2007, 06:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

nice kill, im sure you wont have a problem with the saab, race him from a dig
Old 03-24-2007, 07:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I can't believe the cat in the Corrado even thought he had a chance. They are not very quick.
Check out the Corrado site. http://www.corrado-club.com/corrado/
Old 03-24-2007, 07:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Good Kill?
Old 03-25-2007, 12:29 AM
On The Tree

Dude in the saab didnt even show up, i looked up his saab and it doesnt run a 13.9 stock, it really runs a 15.3. Saab 9 3 99 model
Old 03-25-2007, 12:47 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well, unless my car's really running like ***, I can't believe you roached the tires through 2nd. Seeing as how high that gear goes. Especially with 10psi in the tires. Unless it was raining, which is a different story
Old 03-25-2007, 12:58 AM
Staging Lane

i had a corrado there not that quick the g60's that its (s/c 4 cyls from the factory)they can be but so can every vehicle if the money and time is put it
the vr6 corrado's are faster but corrado's made for the road coarse not a drag.
Old 03-25-2007, 04:57 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by erickeown
I was at the carwash last night and a s/c corrado pulled up, dont know his mods. I asked him if he wanted to race, and he said sure but youll probably win. I told him i was A4 and he smiled and said ok, that sounds alot better. First race was a 20 roll, I ate the tires all the way through second gear and had more than 2 buses easily by 70. We did a rematch from 35, terrible place in gearing for me, i pulled about a bus. He was pretty shocked. During the second race i did something i had never done before i barked third gear. I only had 10 psi in my tires.

Another guy was there last night in a turbo saab. His girlfriend was making fun of other peoples cars, and telling everyone there 99 saab is worth more than there lives. A real couple of ********. Anyway The guy was saying his car ran 13.9 stock, and he has an upgraded turbo and is 310 at the wheels. So i challenged him. He said he'd race me tonight. Im skeptical about the 310 at the wheels, but who knows. There will be alot of people out tonight and theyve all heard him and his girl talk **** about how fast the car is, i guess ill find out tonight.

93 Z28 A4 3:23 gears

K&N fipk
airfoil
tb bypass
flowmaster
hi flo cat
180 thermastat
royal purple fluids
sounds like that bitch needed a slap
Old 03-25-2007, 09:17 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by aboatguy
I can't believe the cat in the Corrado even thought he had a chance. They are not very quick.
Check out the Corrado site. http://www.corrado-club.com/corrado/
No offense to you....but that was a really arrogant statement. ALMOST anything can be fast - depends on how much $$$ the owner has.

One of my friends has a 'rado, and if he would've put it together, would've had about 220ish whp (Stage 4 Kompressor supercharger, w/ supporting mods). Would it have beaten a modded LS1? - doubt it....but it DEFINETLY would've surprised alot of ppl (maybe it would've ran w/ a stock LS1 at our elevation, but I'm guessing the mighty LS1, even when stock, would've taken it).

You get my point.....

Last edited by Nate81Camaro; 03-26-2007 at 03:51 AM.
Old 03-25-2007, 09:23 AM
On The Tree

I have seen some very quick Corrados in Florida.. You can never take a car at face value here. I have seen a turbo Chrysler Aries demolishing on the street.
Old 03-25-2007, 12:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Nate81Camaro
No offense to you....but that was a really arrogant statement. ALMOST anything can be fast - depends on how much $$$ the owner has.

One of my friends has a 'rado, and if he would've put it together, would've had about 250ish whp (Stage 4 Kompressor supercharger, w/ supporting mods). Would it have beaten a modded LS1? - doubt it....but it DEFINETLY would've surprised alot of ppl (maybe it would've ran w/ a stock LS1 at our elevation, but I'm guessing the mighty LS1, even when stock, would've taken it).

You get my point.....
WOW!!!!! 250RWHP

I've seen some modded Corrados and a friend had one when they were new, THEY ARE a road cars and IMO not worth the gas to race in a straight line; on a road course or curvy back road they may be worthwhile.

Now the Dodge/Mitsu and Toyo turbo 4s are a different story.

I'm really not arrogant just sick of D/Fs that talk smack about how fast their (in actuality SLOOOOOW) car is and then act surprised when a stock (10/15/20 year old) car hits spanks them (they get beat like Tina Turner when Ike returned home drunk).

Now, can some douche bag with more money than brains build one that can beat a stock LTX or LSX; maybe?

Mike

Last edited by aboatguy; 03-25-2007 at 01:02 PM.
Old 03-25-2007, 01:33 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by theroad64
I have seen some very quick Corrados in Florida.. You can never take a car at face value here. I have seen a turbo Chrysler Aries demolishing on the street.

Not to self -- do not ever play with a white Chrysler Aries in Orlando if you ever hear it blow off. That beast that Maurice built is just plain sick, shock factor x 1000
Old 03-25-2007, 04:21 PM
11 Second Club

I raced a completly gutted Coraddo that was supercharged (you can get them either in the V6 of a supercharged 4 banger). He only had the 2 drivers seats in the car and that was it...he also had the supercharger on 20psi and a bunch of mods...We went from a 40 roll first and he would pull 2 cars on me instantly...then i would catch up and put another 2 cars on him by 110...did this three times and the same outcome everything. Ended up talking to him after, he was very suprised in my car and i was very suprised he pulled that fast right away...The corrados can be pretty damn fast
Old 03-25-2007, 11:45 PM
On The Tree

I have quite a bit of experience with VW's so not to burst any bubbles, but G60's are not fast and will never be fast. The MOST you can get out of a G60 is around 200-220whp. Maybe around 250 to the crank. And trust me, before I got into the whole love of f-bodies, I was completely into anything VW. Sometimes I wanna punch myself for how bad I was into those little 4cyl. Although the R32 and the 20th are still badass IMO. But anyway, G60's are impossible to make fast, and this is not an opinion, this is fact. If you don't believe me just go to www.vwvortex.com...the site i used to be a member of, go into the VW part and then into the corrado part of the forums. You can find out anything and everything you ever wanted to know about VW's on that site. The only Corrado's that are capable of being fast, are the VR6's. One of my friends had a supercharged vr6 rado and had about 375whp. That thing ****** moved. And i've seen several other supercharged and turbo'd VR6's that were nasty. Now, I am by no means bashing this kill. I just don't want anyone to get the false impression that a G60 rado is in any ways fast so if they see one they are afraid to race it. Unless they have a 6cyl f-body. Then the G60 would take it. Regardles...nice kill.
Old 03-25-2007, 11:52 PM
TECH Regular

WOW!!!!! 250RWHP
Yeah, and that's on the non drive wheels (RW) - couldn't resist....

Thanks for chimin in, Chris.

ARK
Old 03-26-2007, 12:01 AM
On The Tree

Lol...got to...especially when someone is talkin about a car that I loved for 5+ yrs.
Old 03-26-2007, 03:50 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 97REDZ28
Lol...got to...especially when someone is talkin about a car that I loved for 5+ yrs.
Would that be the 'rado or the f body?
Old 03-26-2007, 03:53 AM
TECH Regular

I'm really not arrogant just sick of D/Fs that talk smack about how fast their (in actuality SLOOOOOW) car is and then act surprised when a stock (10/15/20 year old) car hits spanks them (they get beat like Tina Turner when Ike returned home drunk).

Now, can some douche bag with more money than brains build one that can beat a stock LTX or LSX; maybe?

Mike
For the record, I wasn't calling you arrogant, I was saying it your statement sounded arrogant - yeah, I guess it's not that different MY BAD!

I agree 100% about the D/Fs statement....