Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Raced a C5 Corvette

Old 03-26-2007, 10:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99 Z28, C5 Corvette, 06 Cobalt

well I'll start off by telling you it's been abnormally warm out here in Minnesota and I decided to take my ride out of storage early it was 81* out here today and 74* right now, it's normally mid to high 40's this time of the year...anyway on to the racing

On my way home from the gym I run into a c5 black convertible vette at a red light with an older man driving and wife in the passenger seat, I rev at him and he looks over at me I point forward and shrug, he gives me a blank stare and returns to looking forward. At this point I thought it was a no go but the light changes green and he lays into it I can hear him spinning and I'm at his back quarter before I finally realize whats going on, so I lay into it and immediately pull to his drivers door, then even by 40, I'm half a car ahead by 60, and 2 or 3 cars by 80 well I know he let out of it so I slow down to about 50 waiting for him to catch up so we can try it again but he wont get next to me. I notice this car behind us catching up very quickly then weave between the vette and me. It looked like a black cobalt SS so I gave chase and finally caught up to him well I get lucky and we get a red light a few lights down. I rev a couple times at him and he looks over at me, I point forward and shrug he looks forward then revs and looks back at me inching forward. I bring the rpm's up to 2k as the cross light turns red, BAM the light turns green I lift off the brake and put the pedal to the floor begging the car to get traction, he gets a fender on me I then proceed to put a bus length between us by 60 and I let off realizing that I just owned this guy well he turns into a gas station a mile or 2 down the road so I follow and talk to him pretty cool guy it turned out to be a regular Cobalt with no supercharger and stock he said "he knew he would get his **** rocked, but wanted to try anyway". Well those are my first kills with this car. Very Very fun time.

Cliffnotes...
81* in Minnesota when it's normally 40's
Beat a C5 vette who's top was down and who let out of it early
Beat a stock Cobalt
All with the T-Tops down, I know they were kinda lame races but I had fun

Last edited by killerinparadise; 03-26-2007 at 10:47 PM. Reason: different title
Old 03-26-2007, 10:56 PM
TECH Resident

nice kills. so basically your just lid/exhaust hmm. Sounds like you laid it to that vette pretty good. I saw one in that grey color convertible. My mom was in the car with me, and I told her I should race it. she goes "nah that will waste you" I rationalized I'd lose but not by that much.
Old 03-26-2007, 10:57 PM
wrp
9 Second Club

Its all fun.....Great kills and posts
Old 03-26-2007, 11:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by shiv15
nice kills. so basically your just lid/exhaust hmm. Sounds like you laid it to that vette pretty good. I saw one in that grey color convertible. My mom was in the car with me, and I told her I should race it. she goes "nah that will waste you" I rationalized I'd lose but not by that much.
yeah I've just got a lid and exhaust on it right now, I'm pretty sure the guy in the corvette spun for awhile and then just let out once we got even because I left him hard after that. He would've probably beat me up top had he kept in it cause he started to slow my pull when he finally got traction, I really wanted to get a good race just to see where I stand with a corvette but he wouldn't have any of it probably didn't like the loudmouth exhaust barking in his old ears after the first race

Search this Thread