Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

06 Gt

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 12:20 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06 Gt

Ok the Gt has borla LT's, no cats, magnaflow mufflers, CAI, and some crappy tune done by someone that had no idea what they were doing! My mods are in my sig, who is putting out more torque. This argument has been going on and on for a while yet the Mustang guy will not race me...you know the same excuses as usual especially the one about his vagina hurting! End this for me please....
Old 04-05-2007, 12:23 AM
12 Second Club

The only way to end this is to race him and win! But you should be putting at least 345tq to the wheels!
Old 04-05-2007, 12:39 AM
Staging Lane

Default I know, I know

You are preaching to the choir brotha, I have posted some derogatory signs about the mustang around the office maybe that will set him off! I mean freaky friday (local dragstrip thing) is this friday and it would be perfect for us to race!!!
Old 04-05-2007, 12:48 AM
12 Second Club

you should easily hit very low 13's or even dip into 12's with those mods while he's gonna be in mid-low 13's. So take it to the track and shut him up!!!!
Old 04-05-2007, 01:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

your car will easily put out a **** load more torque than his, especially under the curve and down low, the 4.6's are peaky motors and have no torque down low, hp wise you two will be pretty close to each other but down the 1320 I would put you up to 1/2 a sec quicker with a better trap speed too.....
Old 04-05-2007, 01:38 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by wpnsman2000
Ok the Gt has borla LT's, no cats, magnaflow mufflers, CAI, and some crappy tune done by someone that had no idea what they were doing! My mods are in my sig, who is putting out more torque. This argument has been going on and on for a while yet the Mustang guy will not race me...you know the same excuses as usual especially the one about his vagina hurting! End this for me please....
If he has a stall he will get you other than that you will edge him out .
Old 04-05-2007, 02:07 AM
Launching!

I raced a new GT last week. The one I raced was stock by the sound of it but I pulled away from him fairly easily. We raced from about a 70 mph roll and I think he gave up by the time I hit 4th. Honestly I thought it would have closer although that speed is a good rpm for 3rd gear for me.

That is my only real world experience with a newer GT, but I am comfortable saying if all he has done is a few bolt-ons, there is no way he is making more torque than you.

The guy sounds like he just wants to run his mouth and look cool, he knows he will lose and will never race you. Don't waist your time or energy on it.