Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

When Will They Ever Learn?

Old 04-29-2007, 11:36 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default When Will They Ever Learn?

I'm driving home from a car show at Old Town, and I am doing the speed limit at 45 mph. on a three lane road. For some reason I keep having this 92-95 Mazda MX-3 fly past me trying to get ahead of traffic but I guess he keeps getting stuck behind slow people and I keep getting next to him becasue my lane just keeps flowing( I'm in the middle lane). He is young and has a car full of gangsters. He keeps gunning it when he gets next to me . We come up on a light and it's red and we are both in front. I start smiling for I know what a fool I am about to make out of these thugs. Light turns green and I just leave like normal waiting for them to hit it. As I suspected they punch it! ALL 106 HP is SCREAMING out of the MX-3 and the car takes a 1 foot jump on me! I start rolling on the throttle slowly so I can become even with this crazy fast car. I look over and begin to laugh and for a second feel sorry for the guys car as they are trying there hardest to leave me in their exhaust smoking grape fruit shooter dust. I then remember that these are Ricers and must be taught a leason and brought back to reality. I resume to put the pedal all the way down and leave them in my wake. I get to 85-90mph. and decide to let off and wait for the flyby that I know is about to come upon me in about 5 seconds. It happens and they rev as they go by. We get stopped at another light and he jumps into the left turn lane as soon as I start approaching them. My night then returns to normal as I continue my journey home laughing about what has just happened in the following moments that has just past. When will they ever learn? I slept well that night.
Old 04-29-2007, 11:40 AM
Launching!

And if it was a KLZE-T you may have some trouble... Those things can seriously be fast... coming from someone whom just crossed over from that mazda scene... obviously not in this case tho :roll:... good kill none the less

-justin
Old 04-29-2007, 11:53 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ORedRoc4
And if it was a KLZE-T you may have some trouble...
Pardon my ignorance, but what the heck is a KLZE-T? Sounds like a radio station!! I must admit, I am totally CLUELESS when it comes to Mazdas. What cars/years were they offered in and what kind of numbers do they make?
Old 04-29-2007, 12:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ORedRoc4
And if it was a KLZE-T you may have some trouble... Those things can seriously be fast... coming from someone whom just crossed over from that mazda scene... obviously not in this case tho :roll:... good kill none the less

-justin
Old 04-29-2007, 01:06 PM
Teching In

I'm gonna assume it's the new turbo miata motor. Hence the -T, although i'm probably wrong
Old 04-29-2007, 05:40 PM
Launching!

hey man ill take you down my my mazda any day
Old 04-29-2007, 05:48 PM
On The Tree

Yeah LOL......I have no clue what a KLZE-T is, but I'm assuming it's Turbo charged and very rare for someone to run into.
Old 04-29-2007, 06:16 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by JAMcreations
I look over and begin to laugh and for a second feel sorry for the guys car as they are trying there hardest to leave me in their exhaust smoking grape fruit shooter dust.
Old 04-29-2007, 06:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

you shouldn't have eased into the throttle when they punched it. they were probably thinking they were just as fast as you until you hit nitrous or something. SHOW NO MERCY towards ricers. SMOKE 'EM from the get-go and maintain bus-lengths always!
Old 04-29-2007, 06:43 PM
On The Tree

AWww man. You may be right. I shall never give them an inch for now on.
Old 04-29-2007, 06:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The KLZE is a DOHC 2.5 V6 found in some Mazdas OVERSEAS. They have a variant here, the KL30? that puts out 30 fewer HP (200 vs 162). I used to work for a Ford dealer a some punk there had a Probe and all I ever heard about was the KLZE swap. I assume this guy thinks his -T designation adds a turbo, like an LS1-T Besides, the KLZE is only good to 6psi before it goes boom!

And like sdm1234 said, don't toy with these retards, just bury them. Otherwise 2 months from now you'll hear that he kept up with you through the first 3 gears until you sprayed him
Old 04-29-2007, 10:17 PM
Staging Lane

japan with there long named engines....SR20DGAY-TT, 2JZFAG, KZNHGT-T-R...blah blah f*ck rice
Old 04-29-2007, 11:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by sdm1234
you shouldn't have eased into the throttle when they punched it. they were probably thinking they were just as fast as you until you hit nitrous or something. SHOW NO MERCY towards ricers. SMOKE 'EM from the get-go and maintain bus-lengths always!
That is literally how the scenario goes.
Old 04-29-2007, 11:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

I use to have an Mx-3 the first year model sohc 88hp 96tq lol was my first car so i thought it was so fast only fun thing was that it was a stick and i could bury the tach and slam threw the gears without getting a speeding ticket lol. no matter how hard i tried i couldn't;t go faster then 110 not even down hill
Old 04-30-2007, 05:32 AM
Launching!

KLZE is found in japan only, its the jap spec version of the KLDE in the US and Europe. They were offered in the Xedos 9 and MX-6 2.5i and put down 200-220, big variation, not sure why. They dont come boosted factory, but as Marc 85Z28 said, theyre only good to about 6 PSI then boom.... or bent rods. They are IMO opinion good motors for starters, but most people just rice the car out... not everone can start out with a Z28

And it is EXTREMELY rare to run into because well the mx-3 is one ugly *** car... noone would think twice about building it...

-justin
Old 04-30-2007, 11:51 AM
On The Tree

Yeah, as he said, be thankful it's not the K-series (came stock with KFDE and maybe K8DE).

And btw - the two variants on KL is the KLDE not KL30/KL03 - common mistypes - (original stock motor my mx6 CAME WITH) and KLZE (the motor I'm running now). And just be thankful that wasn't my mx6 you were next to btw. And the mx3's (some) came stock with the KFDE (2.0L v6) and a few of them had a k8ze iirc, with a mere 1.8L of displacement. With K-series, watch out for turbo, nitrous, or strokers (yes, some, like me, have 2.7L stroker kits using cranks taken from Suzukis).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mazda_K_engine
Old 04-30-2007, 11:55 AM
TECH Resident

hehe i like to dust the hell outta of em first...then play w/ their emotions if they come back up on me(slowed down of course)...they look like they wanna continue to get stomped so i just continue to goose the throttle next to em while their givin it their all
Old 04-30-2007, 04:08 PM
On The Tree

"XtremeModifier", I know I'm not the fastest thing out there by any means but why should I be thankful I wasn't next to your car? The guys I went up against were Ricers, which is what you are not, assuming you are fast. There is a big diff. between loosing or winning to a fast Import or Domestic then to a Ricer. I don't know what you run at the track or how fast your car is but I would be THANKFUL to run any car that is fast or faster then I, and I do it quite often at the track. Also I would think that even though this is LS1-Tech, that a lot of guys would have known more or heard of that type of motor if it was so common for people to tune and race with, I assume now that it is very uncommon for someone to run into that kind of a setup on the street which is why I am not thankful for any rerason that it wasn't a KLZE motor and that I showed the Ricers up.
Old 04-30-2007, 07:24 PM
12 Second Club

My friend has a Mazda MX6 w/ a KLZE in it. Runs I believe about a 14.0 @ 100ish and he's just got header and exhaust. He has some turbo components he's buying right now to put a turbo in it.
Old 04-30-2007, 09:21 PM
Coy
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by XtremeModifier
And just be thankful that wasn't my mx6 you were next to btw.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: When Will They Ever Learn?