Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

08 Boss 281

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 10:22 AM
Scammer Alert!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 08 Boss 281

I dont think this is the right section and im the last to boast about looks of a ford sports car, however, i was rolling past a dealership on rte. 173 in antioch, illinois, and i seen what i think is an 07-08 Graphite Grey Boss 281 Mustang, man did that thing look sweet, anyone seen or run into any of these, i have no idea on the spec/performance but it looked pretty good for a mustang
Old 08-28-2007, 11:14 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Ricks99ls1
I dont think this is the right section and im the last to boast about looks of a ford sports car, however, i was rolling past a dealership on rte. 173 in antioch, illinois, and i seen what i think is an 07-08 Graphite Grey Boss 281 Mustang, man did that thing look sweet, anyone seen or run into any of these, i have no idea on the spec/performance but it looked pretty good for a mustang
GT with dealer added crap...no REAL Boss production stang.......not that I have heard lately of. Last I knew Ford was still trying to get 'Shinoda' to release the Boss name so they could use it.
Old 08-28-2007, 12:29 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ponygt65
GT with dealer added crap...no REAL Boss production stang.......not that I have heard lately of. Last I knew Ford was still trying to get 'Shinoda' to release the Boss name so they could use it.
I heard that Ford had reached an agreement with Shinoda to begin using the "Boss" name again. I heard they had to in order to call the new 302 block a "boss". Not sure.
Old 08-28-2007, 02:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 04Terminator
I heard that Ford had reached an agreement with Shinoda to begin using the "Boss" name again. I heard they had to in order to call the new 302 block a "boss". Not sure.
I heard they were 'discussing it', but nothing final. Even then, There will only be the new Boss 302...nothing in production yet.

I have seen several 06-07 GTs with these packages. DRIVES ME NUTZ!!. LOL.

Don't worry OP..the stang guys are on the task of research. LOL
Old 08-28-2007, 03:50 PM
Teching In

Did either one of you guys consider that what he's describing could actually be a Boss Shinoda Mustang? I think some of them have graphics on them that say Boss 281.
Old 08-28-2007, 04:27 PM
Scammer Alert!

i called the dealer and like trmach1 said its a Boss Shinoda Mustang, he would not discuss price over the phone was trying to get me come in, i am thinking of stopping in, what should i look for to see if it actually is when i go in?
Old 08-28-2007, 05:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by TRMach1
Did either one of you guys consider that what he's describing could actually be a Boss Shinoda Mustang? I think some of them have graphics on them that say Boss 281.
Nope...I keep forgetting about those..LOL

But I ahve seen dealer added stickers say that..they are all over here...(on the lots)
Old 08-28-2007, 06:20 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 04Terminator
New 302 block?

I am way out of the loop, but this is something different from the 440 DOHC 5L block right?
Old 08-28-2007, 07:21 PM
Scammer Alert!

ok so everyone knows Ford did come out with the Boss in 4 different options for 07

1.Legacy - Starts with a GT and adds the following: Boss Shinoda chin spoiler, Boss Shinoda rear wing, Boss Shinoda graphics (vibe or hockey stick style), BCS Spring kit, high flow axle back exhaust, Boss Shinoda 4 piece floormats, shaker hood, pedal covers, Hurst shifter with white ball, Shinoda fender emblems, and a Shinoda 5 spoke 18″ wheel and tire package

2.Level 1 - Same as the Legacy, adds BCS level 1 suspension (springs, shocks, swaybars), JBA ceramic coated shorty headers, Diablo programmer, under drive pullies, and a twin 62mm throtle body

3.Level 2 - Same as Level 1, adds BCS level 2 suspension (springs, shocks, swaybars, lower control arms), performance gauges, and a Vortech supercharger kit.

Level 3 - This is what dreams are made of. Adds all the stuff from the Level 2 kit with a BCS level 3 suspension, but instead of a vortech supercharger you get a forged engine assembly, twin turbo system by Turbo Horsepower, performance clutch, and 14″ Baer brakes (you’ll need them).

4.Stroker Edition - For those naturally aspirated enthusiasts looking for something alittle more nastalgic. You get all the stuff in the Level 3 kit with the exception of the twin turbo system. Add the Boss Shinoda rear window louvers and you’ve got the classic Boss style.

Heres a link to what this salesman was trying to sell me, lol he told me it was a level 2 with a procharger, now im not stupid, for one the boss comes with a vortech, and two the boss didnt come out until 07 and this car was an 06, i told im thanks but ill keep my 10,000 Firebird, go spend a couple thousand on heads and cam and blow that mustang away, he wasnt as happy as i was, anyhow here is the link http://www.dodgeofantioch.com/inventory/listused.aspx
Old 08-28-2007, 07:28 PM
TECH Resident

Regardless, it is not a factory Mustang. That's an aftermarket/tuner setup.
Old 08-28-2007, 09:44 PM
Launching!

Default 08 Parnelli Jones Stang

The Parnelli Jones addition Stang is a low production version of the Gt modified by Saleen I believe.It has a 4.6 punched to 302 cubes,and is supposed to have 400 hp at the crank with no power adder.
Old 08-28-2007, 11:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

Saleen did indeed do the parnelli stang.

Ricks99ls1 - Thanks for the info.
Old 08-29-2007, 12:18 AM
Teching In

wow Ive never herd of these shinoda stangs anyways it looks a little overdone/riced out...eye of the beholder i geuss.
but yea +1 on the parnelli jones, thats the only boss out right now, and i think they only made 500 or something and only for 07 if im not mistaken
Old 08-29-2007, 12:26 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Ricks99ls1
ok so everyone knows Ford did come out with the Boss in 4 different options for 07

1.Legacy - Starts with a GT and adds the following: Boss Shinoda chin spoiler, Boss Shinoda rear wing, Boss Shinoda graphics (vibe or hockey stick style), BCS Spring kit, high flow axle back exhaust, Boss Shinoda 4 piece floormats, shaker hood, pedal covers, Hurst shifter with white ball, Shinoda fender emblems, and a Shinoda 5 spoke 18″ wheel and tire package

2.Level 1 - Same as the Legacy, adds BCS level 1 suspension (springs, shocks, swaybars), JBA ceramic coated shorty headers, Diablo programmer, under drive pullies, and a twin 62mm throtle body

3.Level 2 - Same as Level 1, adds BCS level 2 suspension (springs, shocks, swaybars, lower control arms), performance gauges, and a Vortech supercharger kit.

Level 3 - This is what dreams are made of. Adds all the stuff from the Level 2 kit with a BCS level 3 suspension, but instead of a vortech supercharger you get a forged engine assembly, twin turbo system by Turbo Horsepower, performance clutch, and 14″ Baer brakes (you’ll need them).

4.Stroker Edition - For those naturally aspirated enthusiasts looking for something alittle more nastalgic. You get all the stuff in the Level 3 kit with the exception of the twin turbo system. Add the Boss Shinoda rear window louvers and you’ve got the classic Boss style.

Heres a link to what this salesman was trying to sell me, lol he told me it was a level 2 with a procharger, now im not stupid, for one the boss comes with a vortech, and two the boss didnt come out until 07 and this car was an 06, i told im thanks but ill keep my 10,000 Firebird, go spend a couple thousand on heads and cam and blow that mustang away, he wasnt as happy as i was, anyhow here is the link http://www.dodgeofantioch.com/inventory/listused.aspx
Damn go and spend money on heads and cam on an Ls1 to blow an n/a 302 Mustang away,twilight zone! Lol! You guys are starting to sound like us Fox body guys on the cheap mods.
Old 08-29-2007, 02:01 PM
Scammer Alert!

hey dont be offended, all i was saying was for the price they ask, ill take the looks of my ride, the durability of my drivetrain, and 2500 for heads and cam, and make that mustang put its tail between its legs
Old 08-29-2007, 05:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"GAS" sells some recreation ones around here, i'm not to sure what they did to the engine though and no i havent ran one yet. I agree with looking baddass though
Old 06-10-2012, 02:17 AM

Default Boss 281

Saw a red one on the street the other day. Never heard of a Boss 281, so I gooled it and found this site. Looked in the window and there was a small plaque on the dash that said prototype.
Old 06-10-2012, 02:28 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

2007?
Old 06-10-2012, 09:24 AM
10 Second Club

Received 152 Likes on 104 Posts

lol onoi
Old 06-10-2012, 09:22 PM
11 Second Club

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

holy 5 year old thread, batman!