Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

disillusioned youth

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2007, 06:40 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default disillusioned youth

so, im heading to the local wing join with my lady. as i lazily row through the gears i spot a civic behind me, no big deal. theres traffic ahead and i like to keep a safe following distance so amazingly there is JUST enough room for asseyes to get the bright idea to punch it at a blazing pace of 30-38 in 2 seconds in order to fit into my safety buffer zone.

as i ponder what happened, i notice its an SI, so i figure my internal clock is wrong and he accelerated at a more blistering pace of 1.32 seconds. now, i dont know about you, but i take this as an act of aggression. so i return the favor and pass him and 4 other cars. he follows suit only to get stuck behind me because of moderate traffic.

he follows to a more open road where he gets next to me. i look over to a **** eating grin as he thinks he has me beat. traffic clears and i down shift to second at 40 and proceed to put bus lengths on him up to ~100.

in doing this i pass my stop to get wings, so i was tempted not to give a thumbs up, but to my surprise he wont even acknowledge me as he passes me while i am turning around.

damn kids.
Old 09-08-2007, 07:05 PM
Staging Lane

haha.. Nice kill. Happens to me all the time too. At least you were going to be a good sport and possibly give him a thumbs up. I'm starting to get to the point where I wont even race anymore ricers. I've beaten too many of them and its just not fun anymore. Plus they annoy me.

I probibly would have done the same thing though if he was being that aggressive too. Look on the bright side, at least you didnt have to listen to any of his excuses.. "Wait till I hook up my turbo and i'll smoke your ***" or the "I wasnt going all out".

If the guys not being an *** to me, I'll throw them a thumbs up or if they got a nice car (even the 'stangs).

Ricer ---> <--- LSX

Last edited by Provie; 09-08-2007 at 07:44 PM.
Old 09-08-2007, 07:39 PM
Staging Lane

yeah, excuses do get old, i like to give the benefit of the doubt a lot of the time. im nice to a fault just chalk it up to youth, but i feel obligated to let them know they are not fast.
Old 09-08-2007, 08:03 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by dgr00s
yeah, excuses do get old, i like to give the benefit of the doubt a lot of the time. im nice to a fault just chalk it up to youth, but i feel obligated to let them know they are not fast.
Thats usually what gets me too.. I feel the need to show them how slow most of their cars actually are.
Old 09-08-2007, 11:51 PM
bsf
TECH Resident

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by dgr00s
theres traffic ahead and i like to keep a safe following distance so amazingly there is JUST enough room for asseyes to get the bright idea to punch it at a blazing pace of 30-38 in 2 seconds in order to fit into my safety buffer zone.
I hate that crap. Some day I am going to buy me an old Dodge Power Wagon like Rick of Simon & Simon drove so I can just push rude drivers off the road. Not really, but the thought makes me feel all nice and warm inside.
Old 09-09-2007, 03:47 AM
11 Second Club

lol nice kill. I don't mind fast imports, but ricers just **** me off haha