Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

02 SS vs E46 Dinan M3

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 03:16 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default 02 SS vs E46 Dinan M3

So i was taking my buddy for a ride tonight cuz he hadnt been in my car for a while, so we were headed home on the freeway after a couple quick punches when i see HIDs go flying past me.... so i drop it into 3rd to catch up and once traffic breaks me and this guy were on it...

i got behind for a second because of oncoming cars and i read DINAN on the left rear.... one of my friends dads has a SC dinan M and i know that thing is ****** fast... but i thought whatever i was in the mood... It was a white M3 with for sure exhaust.... anyways i pull up next to him at 80 and he hits it so i slam it down and grab 4th and start to pull him nice and steady so with him getting a 3/4 car jump from 80-120 i had about 2 on him...

we line up again from a 70 and this time i honk it and on the third honk we both take off and i pull him like i was shot out of a gun... by the time i was halfway through 4th he was in my side mirrors and probably got out of it cuz by the time i hit 5th he was in my rearview... so he definatly wasnt SCed... but a fairly stout M...

thanks for the read
Old 10-11-2007, 07:55 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good kill.
Old 10-11-2007, 12:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

nice kill. m3s are nice cars, and the dinans are really sexy. they do come in different "stages" kinda like a roush or saleen. if i remember correctly the lowest stage has a tune, some suspension work, and maybe exhaust. the higher stages are the ones w/ the blower. nice cars, sexy as hell either way.
Old 10-11-2007, 01:43 PM
TECH Addict

Nice kill. I don't know too much about those Dinans, but I do know they are no slouches. Definitely not shabby for an NA six cylinder.
Old 10-11-2007, 02:51 PM
Banned

Good run, good story. They are sexy cars but a little tame in straightline acceleration as compared to a LS1.
Old 10-11-2007, 06:42 PM
TECH Veteran

Good Kill Jordan!
Old 10-11-2007, 07:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Good kill. Guy couple houses down has a nice 2003-2005 M3, it's a tight car no doubt.
Old 10-12-2007, 11:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

good kill! I just killed an older Dinan by my house
Old 10-12-2007, 12:00 PM
Launching!

nice kill. Those things have a nice topend too.
Old 10-13-2007, 03:24 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by capn smokey
Good run, good story. They are sexy cars but a little tame in straightline acceleration as compared to a LS1.
I wouldn't bet on it. In the hands of a good driver the E46 M3 is capable of mid to low 13's trapping at 105+ stock just like the LS1 F-bods. The highest stock trap speed I've seen is 107 but that was an excellent driver.

If a person has a stock LS1 F-Bod especially an A4 I definitley wouldn't take them lightly. Not alot of torque but that 333 hp screams at high rpm's. On top of that they weren't really meant for straight line performance.
Old 10-13-2007, 03:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TORNATIC!!
I wouldn't bet on it. In the hands of a good driver the E46 M3 is capable of mid to low 13's trapping at 105+ stock just like the LS1 F-bods. The highest stock trap speed I've seen is 107 but that was an excellent driver.

If a person has a stock LS1 F-Bod especially an A4 I definitley wouldn't take them lightly. Not alot of torque but that 333 hp screams at high rpm's. On top of that they weren't really meant for straight line performance.
ya especially if its a dinan. capn smokey is at it again with his wise words of bullshit
Old 10-13-2007, 01:02 PM
TECH Addict

Dinan is a suspension tuner. The most they do for the engine is air filter, exhaust, tune.

http://www.dinancars.com/Series.asp?...=14&Chassis=10
Old 10-13-2007, 09:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by djsanchez2
Dinan is a suspension tuner. The most they do for the engine is air filter, exhaust, tune.

http://www.dinancars.com/Series.asp?...=14&Chassis=10
negative

http://www.dinancars.com/Series.asp?...sis=10&Model=9

you're looking at regular 3 series
Old 10-13-2007, 09:51 PM
TECH Addict

Cool didn't see that one. Thanks.

The more you know- G.I. Joe
Old 10-14-2007, 03:37 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 88blackgt
ya especially if its a dinan. capn smokey is at it again with his wise words of bullshit
Can you please quit following me around and harassing me? I dont know why you do this **** but you really dont know what you are talikng about. An LS1 car is on a completely different level than a m3 in straight line performance and I think anyone could agree on that. You are ignorant about anything pertaining to automobiles and its starting to get annoying. Are you like 12yrs old and have nothing better to do than post ignorant bs on a forum you dont even belong on?
Old 10-14-2007, 03:40 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by TORNATIC!!

I agree that they are comparable stock to stock with an a4 but m6 f-bods have trapped 110+ and can routinely trap 107. I have also heard that they are pretty strong at high speeds because of their good aero traits.
Old 10-14-2007, 12:40 PM
***Repost Police***

An LS1 car is on a completely different level than a m3 in straight line performance and I think anyone could agree on that.
How can two cars that are so close together in both et and trapspeed be on "completely different levels?"
Old 10-14-2007, 04:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
How can two cars that are so close together in both et and trapspeed be on "completely different levels?"
doesnt matter, as long as it makes sense in his head

Can you please quit following me around and harassing me? I dont know why you do this **** but you really dont know what you are talikng about. An LS1 car is on a completely different level than a m3 in straight line performance and I think anyone could agree on that. You are ignorant about anything pertaining to automobiles and its starting to get annoying. Are you like 12yrs old and have nothing better to do than post ignorant bs on a forum you dont even belong on?
i dont follow you around, its that your ignorance makes my head hurt every time i read one of your posts. you think you know alot about different vehicles, when in actuality you dont have a clue. you take this and make HUGE generalizations, that most of the time are blatantly wrong, and quite easy to disprove. dont make generalizations and you wont get called on them. haha you never did respond to my reply on the viper thread, good call on a viper "never being able to set a top speed record." theres full weight, irs, manual vipers in the 7s, making them some of the meanest street cars out there.

*waits for more gems of knowledge from capn smokey*
Old 10-14-2007, 06:00 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 88blackgt
doesnt matter, as long as it makes sense in his head

i dont follow you around, its that your ignorance makes my head hurt every time i read one of your posts. you think you know alot about different vehicles, when in actuality you dont have a clue. you take this and make HUGE generalizations, that most of the time are blatantly wrong, and quite easy to disprove. dont make generalizations and you wont get called on them. haha you never did respond to my reply on the viper thread, good call on a viper "never being able to set a top speed record." theres full weight, irs, manual vipers in the 7s, making them some of the meanest street cars out there.

*waits for more gems of knowledge from capn smokey*
I dont remember the Viper thread, I guess thats just another thread you trolled yourself into because you have some desperate need to devalidify everything I say. And no a Viper doesnt and never will hold a land speed record, thats inarguable. Now as far as strip records, I have mad respect for them, they are nearly untouchable. I already stated that an ls1 vs m3 is a fair match stock for stock but who cares what stock cars run? I have never heard of A M3 taking down a competent driver in a ls1 car, and considering the massive amount of 10 and 11 sec ls1 cars and the fact that m3s are rarely ever seen doing much but road courses I would say that they are 2 DIFFERENTLY designed cars. The m3 is a badass luxury/handling car where as the f-bods were designed to kick *** in a straight line, I didnt state falsifications and i didnt insult either car so what the hell are you jumping my *** for. You need to find something better to do than trying to disprove my every word because it seems you dont know as much as you think and you fail every time.
Old 10-14-2007, 06:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by BayAreaSS
Good Kill Jordan!
werd.