Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

LS1 vs S2000

Old 01-21-2008, 01:20 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS1 vs S2000

Don't complain about it being long, just read it at work.

Finally, a chance to put my feet up. I comfortably relaxed in the lazyboy chair and sifted through some websites just looking for something to entertain me. I hear the growing sound of "Devildriver - Nothing Wrong" as my phone begins to ring. I grab it and look at the display. My little brother was calling.

Me - "Hey, what's up."
Brother - "Not much, can you pick me up? I'm at the party I told you about earlier."

With nothing else to really do, I agree to go pick him up. I snag my keys off the counter and a jacket to bear the sub freezing temperatures and hopped into the very cold leather seats of the Camaro. I grabbed the hurst shiftknob and quickly regretted the action. Damn thing was ice cold. I gave the car a minute to warm up a bit and carefully reversed out of my driveway.

The drive to pick up my little brother was uneventful to say the least. Infact I think the only interesting car on the road was a Kia with wire mesh wheels and altezzas. I say interesting because it made me laugh... hysterically. I arrived at the little birthday party and left a few minutes later with my little brother on board. I crept through the development and exited out onto an open two lane road. My brother filtered through the tracks on the CD I was listening to as he tried to find his favorite song. Around the same time, I ran into the last red light before the two lane road opens up to 5 miles of freeway.

Track 2 came on, "Korn - Liar" filtered moderately through the speakers and I smirked as my brother bobbed his head to the beat. Then something caught my attention, to my right I heard a car smack the rev limiter. I peered through the tinted passenger window and saw a local 2001 S2000, driver clearly trying to get me to bite.

Although the driver doesn't know it, I've worked on this particular car. I ran into it at work once before, basically it's a stock yellow S2000 with dual fart cans and a huge sub system. And there it was sitting next to me, revving all 190rwhp of power in it's high 14s state of being. My little brother looked over, smiled, and grabbed the door handle. Smart kid.

I turned down the radio and tossed a small rev to let the driver know I was game. As the opposing light turned yellow I picked up the revs ever so slightly, while the S2000 banged off the revlimiter. Green!

I smoothly pushed down the throttle and slipped the clutch out at the same time. The stock 245s out back had no problem grabbing the asphalt as the *** end of the Camaro sat heavily towards the floor. I could hear the S2000 spinning on the cold asphalt, stupid kid. The tach roared to 6000 and I slammed my Pro 5.0 shifter into 2nd. The tires didn't like that idea as they lost their firm grip on the asphalt. I felt the rear end step out slightly and I let off just slightly to let the tires catch up. Once the rubber was peachy I continued WOT and the certain assraping of my sorry competition. I took a glimpse in my side mirror to see where the S2000 was... well he was about 5 cars back already.

With my little brother in the car I didn't feel the need to speed very excessively. From 2nd I shifted straight to 5th and tapped the brakes showing that I was no longer racing. A few minutes later as any sane person would figure the S2000 finally came screaming past. My brother and I both laughed for a good five minutes and finished up our much less eventful ride home.

One of these days this stinkin town will produce something fun to race.
Old 01-21-2008, 01:25 AM
TECH Regular

lol you told that story like i was there

good kill...i like them s2000s though...they redline at 9grand

o well f-bodys are better

lol
Old 01-21-2008, 02:02 AM
Staging Lane

good story and kill!
Old 01-21-2008, 02:58 AM
On The Tree

man i wish i could have wrote essays in school that sounded that good. great kill dude!
Old 01-21-2008, 08:20 AM
TECH Apprentice

good kill, and yea dude you write really well. i could picture the entire thing.
Old 01-21-2008, 08:50 AM
Staging Lane

Nice kill. Haven't ran one in my Camaro yet but I beat one pretty easily in my TBSS. Ran him up to around 70mph (I know, not much of a race but it was in the city) and pulled him by about 3 cars.
Old 01-21-2008, 09:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow, didn't mind that long story at all. It was put together really well, and was actually understandable. To be honest I spent about as much time on this story as the others, cause I have to read other stories two or three times just to figure out what happened!
Old 01-21-2008, 09:34 AM
TECH Resident

Well written kill
Old 01-21-2008, 10:13 AM
TECH Addict

You said you've been working on the Z? What all do you have done to it?
good kill btw
Old 01-21-2008, 10:17 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good read. Better than "I killed an S2000. The End."
Old 01-21-2008, 10:50 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very nice. Well written and informed me what the S2000's can do. I always wondered. Thanks for entertaining me on my day off... Haha... Thanks
Old 01-21-2008, 11:26 AM
11 Second Club

sweet story...theirs a few local kids around here that have worked S2000's....they get mad when they cant even hang with the V6
Old 01-21-2008, 11:36 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by kidcamaro98
sweet story...theirs a few local kids around here that have worked S2000's....they get mad when they cant even hang with the V6
lol....those V6s can be pretty nasty i hear

Good kill....

The only good S2000 is a dead S2000... or one with a 2JZGTE crammed under the hood.
Old 01-21-2008, 11:43 AM
Restricted User

An S2K tried racing me the other day....complete waste of my time....I like those cars...but w/o a blower or turbo they really aren't doing much....
Old 01-21-2008, 12:11 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Gaunt
lol....those V6s can be pretty nasty i hear

Good kill....

The only good S2000 is a dead S2000... or one with a 2JZGTE crammed under the hood.

yah...their's a guy in Florida that does those swaps for a living...he chargers 15 grand for the whole swap into a S2000.....He demo's his own car with the 2JZ and its nuts...its on streetfire somewhere. I forgot the name of his demo video.
Old 01-21-2008, 12:18 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by kidcamaro98
yah...their's a guy in Florida that does those swaps for a living...he chargers 15 grand for the whole swap into a S2000.....He demo's his own car with the 2JZ and its nuts...its on streetfire somewhere. I forgot the name of his demo video.
I've seen that one its pretty sick
Old 01-21-2008, 12:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by z28berryhill
lol you told that story like i was there

good kill...i like them s2000s though...they redline at 9grand

o well f-bodys are better

lol
revving to 9k is cool and all, but unless youre making tons of power under your curve i bet it would feel even slower.
Old 01-21-2008, 03:58 PM
***Repost Police***

Good kill... he should have known that a stock S2000 is no competition for an LS1. BUT... they are most certainly not high 14s cars, unless his subs weighed half a ton or more. They're great cars and pretty damn quick, but they are definitely not intended to be drag raced; most people (just like this guy, apparently) have no idea how to launch them.
Old 01-21-2008, 05:26 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Sarge_13
You said you've been working on the Z? What all do you have done to it?
good kill btw
Nothing really, I've been fixing everything wrong with it.

It's got a shift skip eliminator and pro5.0 shifter. That's about it really.

Irunelevens - this car in particular is maybe a mid 14 second car at best. It's hacked and beaten pretty bad. Stock S2Ks are good for low 14s with a good driver, but like with any Honda they are very peaky and can be hard to drive... er... more specifically launch.

Thanks for the comments guys, glad you enjoyed it.
Old 01-21-2008, 05:36 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
Good kill... he should have known that a stock S2000 is no competition for an LS1. BUT... they are most certainly not high 14s cars, unless his subs weighed half a ton or more. They're great cars and pretty damn quick, but they are definitely not intended to be drag raced; most people (just like this guy, apparently) have no idea how to launch them.
fastest one I have ever seen was a full bolt on one running low 14's....and he knew how to drive...

He ran his mouth to one of my buddys one night at a bar who owned a 98 camaro SS...he told my buddy he would smoke him on the highway. my friend with the SS wasnt sure about racing him because he doesnt race cars very much....long story short, it obv. wasnt a race and the kid didnt go back to the bar

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: LS1 vs S2000