Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Death/Suicide to a 3rd Gen

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 10:04 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Death/Suicide to a 3rd Gen

Well since I can post my wins I have to be able to post my losses. This other night I was visiting friends out of town and took the camaro cause i knew i would be able to find a race or two.
So I set up a run with my buddy who had a 3rd gen camaro with a old school 350 swap. (it was originally a 6 cyl) wiend supercharger and a 150 shot on top of the blower. Auto Trans. I helped him build this car back in highschool shop class. His car has never been dyno'd so I don't know his numbers. We figured it ought to be close though.
We cruise out to a empty road and go from a low roll cause he was on street tires and gets zero traction from a dig. I was on nitto's. I give him the hit and he goes and I go. He got a little jump maybe a car with the hit and having the nitrous. I mash second and stop his pull and start reeling him back. Then as I get ready to shift to 3rd my car shuts off. WTF?!? so I shift into 3rd and the car restarts, keep in on the floor and try to regain lost ground. Start catching up again getting close to my shift point and again the car shuts off. Shift into 4th and the car restarts. Floor it again. I was about 2 cars back when he let off towards the end of the stretch.
This is all at 11pm so im not about to do a midnight diagnosis. We head back to the hangout, I congratulated him on the win for everyone to see, and set up a rematch when I found the problem. I figured it was electical and was right. Battery cables wern't tight enough and the power wire for the starter was intermittantly grounding on the header.
Next time we race I will repost new results and hopefully a video to go with it. So there is my death story
Old 08-29-2008, 10:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

sounds like you now have beef. i love rematches.
Old 08-29-2008, 11:02 AM
Launching!

only minor beef, maybe enough for a kosher hot dog. we have spent alot of hours turning wrenches on each others cars. but I do look forward to the rematch
Old 08-29-2008, 12:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i love the rwtq your car makes. Nice run.