Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Bad swaybar mounts and endlinks!

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 01:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Bad swaybar mounts and endlinks!

So I need to know if anyone has or knows where to get stronger parts. I need endlinks and stronger front chassis swaybar mounts.
I have seen pics of guys making them out of steel and even adding support to stock ones to stop them from breaking. I keep bending endlinks to. So far I have been told to get a BMR x-treme sway <---for my power level. But I am worryed that is more of a drag race part and to much bar for me.

I was thinking of making them out of grade8 bolts and smaller rollbar tube. Weld it up and be done. But want a non rubber or poly bushing.

And the rear sway mounts are heavy steel fully welded on.

Just hoping someone has some ideas. Thanks
Old 10-15-2008, 02:43 PM
TECH Junkie

I would not get the BMR extreme bar unless you plan on drag racing it. It's just way too much bar in my opinion for daily driving and would hurt your performance if you did autox or road racing
Old 10-16-2008, 03:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Ok found what I was looking for adjustable endlinks. But I will make my own.

Solid bar steel drilled and taped with bolts on top and bottom. Realy simple. have to check the hole size in the swaybar end to keep as much material in there I can. Also a right hand and left had tread. So it can be adjusted on car with one hand and a wrench.

As far as front sway bar mounts. I know adding support works but I would like to build a all new one. Also the rear swaybar endlink body mounts will be rebuilt out of steel and welded on.
Old 10-16-2008, 12:06 PM
TECH Junkie

I actually had my front swaybar mounts break on me. I know theres a guy on frrax who will make some. I ordered a set of stock mounts and had them boxed on two sides.

Quick Reply: Bad swaybar mounts and endlinks!