Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

abs inop light,low traction and brake light on

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 10:14 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default abs inop light,low traction and brake light on

i just put summit stars on my camaro with hoosier slicks in the back skinnies in front..after some street driving wih a listtle pedal to the metal abs inop came on..low traction light and brake light also came on...my braking went to hell...will deleting the abs get rid of this problem..or can tuning for tire diameter help as well...
Old 10-15-2008, 10:48 PM
On The Tree

???anyone
Old 10-15-2008, 11:00 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i would suggest tuning for your tire size. the three lights all pretty much work off of each other. if the abs isn't working, the traction control is obviously disabled, and your brake light comes on. pull off the wheels and check for obvious signs of broken wires or damaged sensors. i would suggest having a shop scan the abs computer for codes and driving it with custom data stream showing each sensors speed.

maybe because you have larger tires in the rear and smaller in the front, the values for the abs sensors front and rear don't agree so its disabling the system and giving you a crappy brake pedal. could also be the tires affecting your braking. skinnies don't hold the road as well so its harder for the car to slow down. the big slicks will be more rotating mass too.

a real easy fix would be to put on stock sized tires/wheels and see if your problems disappear! post back your findings
Old 10-15-2008, 11:18 PM
On The Tree

yeah problem was non existent w/ my z06's sensors are fine it happened immediately after adding the hoosiers and slicks..my friend said tuning for the tire size would get rid of the problem but all ive been seeing on the board is people talking about the abs delete mod nothing about tunng so im wondering which is better car is getting re-tuned anyways so wondering if during tuning problem can get fixed
Old 10-15-2008, 11:31 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

well if its street driven i wouldn't tune it out. i would tune for the tire sizes but it will throw off your z06's then. i would probably go with whatever works for the guys who have that sort of setup. i would take a scanner and see what the wheel speed sensors are reading individually off of each corner. then use that data to address the problem correctly. just my thoughts
Old 10-15-2008, 11:32 PM
10 Second Club

the cause is the mismatched sizes of heights of tires. Same thing happens to me.
Old 10-15-2008, 11:37 PM
On The Tree

both 15in wheels rear tires are taller...anyway around this w/ tuning..not too worried about the z06's goin back on car wont be doin much DD anymore

Quick Reply: abs inop light,low traction and brake light on